- Model NameModelPunching OperationPitchFormatClosing SpeedSafety SensorPunching LengthDisengaging DiesHole PunchBinding ThicknessSingle Punching CapacityCloser SelectorClosing MechanismMaster SelectorMetal Wire SnatchWire Diameter ScaleSide Margins ControlPunching Margin ControlWeight / Volume
- Akiles AlphaBind-CEElectricN/AAll paper sizesN/AN/A12″ with open throat for longer documents.N/AN/AUp to 2″Up to 20 sheets (20 lbs)NoN/AN/AN/AN/AIncludedIncluded61 Lbs
- Akiles Megabind 1EElectric9/16″N/AN/AN/A14″ (24 dies)All 24 diesRectangular (5/16″ x 1/8″From 3/16″ to 2″Up to 20 sheetsNoN/AN/AN/AN/AIncludedIncluded40 lbs / 2.5 CbFt
- Akiles CombMac-24EElectricStandard Comb PitchN/AN/AN/A14" (with Open Ends for longer sizes)All 24 diesRectangular 3.12 x 7.94mm3/16" - 2"Up to 25 sheets of 20 lbs paper, letter sizeN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AIncludedIncluded70 lbs & 3.74 Cbft
- Akiles CombMac-EXAutomaticN/AN/AN/AN/A14" (open throat for larger sizes)All 24 diesRectangular (5/16″ x 1/8″)1/4″ to 2″Up to 25 sheets (20 lbs. paper)N/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A50 lbs / 19″ W x 16″ D x 10″ H
Sorry, but Akiles Megabind 1E Electric Legal Size Comb Binding Machine is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Akiles Megabind 1E Electric Legal Size Comb Binding Machine
- Double-Handle System: Allows you to work faster and more efficiently, as you can punch and bind simultaneously or independently of each other.
- Continuous Binding Control: Left Side
- Die Disengagement Pins
- Side Margin Control
- Waste Compartment: Back Side
- Punch Margin Control
- Binding Guide: Allows the user to determine the correct comb size to use.
- Punching: Electric
- Punching Legth: 14"
- Disengaging Dies: All 24 dies
- Hole Punch: Rectangular (5/16" x 1/8")
- Comb Binding Capacity: From 3/16" to 2"
- Punching Capacity: Up to 20 sheets (20 lbs)
- Side Margin Control: Included
- Punching Margin Control: Included
- Continuous Binding Control: Included
- Wire Closer: No
- Construction: Metal
- Weight: 40 lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year
With all your papers in order, you start by turning the machine on. The switch is in the back. You can begin by making punches to the covers and with the electronic punch, that will be a snap. Use the side margin control knob to make sure that all punching of all papers is consistent. For your convenience, the electronic punch mechanism can be done from the top of the machine b ... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is a demonstration on the Akiles Megabind 1e Electric Legal Size Comb Binding Machine. This professional punch and bind machine is a workhorse. Let's make a book and watch it in action.
With all your papers in order, you start by turning the machine on. The switch is in the back. You can begin by making punches to the covers and with the electronic punch, that will be a snap. Use the side margin control knob to make sure that all punching of all papers is consistent. For your convenience, the electronic punch mechanism can be done from the top of the machine by hand or with a pedal by both hand or foot. Continue to punch through all the sheets of your project. When all punched, you use the binding guide on the face of the machine to determine the correct comb size to use for your project.
Slide your plastic comb over the teeth on the top. With the handle on the right, you open the teeth of the comb. You can make adjustments with the continuous binding control knob up on the left, which prevents the over-opening of plastic combs. Line your booklet over the teeth of the comb, making sure they all go through, and close the comb. There it is, you're all set to make many a great book with the Megabind 1e by Akiles. For reviews and demos of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Weighing in at 40 pounds with an all-metal construction, the Megabind 1e is built to last. Installation is simple with one screw-on handle and two plugs in the back, an AC plug as well as the foot pedal plug. The strength of the motor for the electronic punch is top notch. There's a button on the top of the machine that can activate the punch as well as the foot pedal, which can be used by hand or b ... Read More
Weighing in at 40 pounds with an all-metal construction, the Megabind 1e is built to last. Installation is simple with one screw-on handle and two plugs in the back, an AC plug as well as the foot pedal plug. The strength of the motor for the electronic punch is top notch. There's a button on the top of the machine that can activate the punch as well as the foot pedal, which can be used by hand or by foot. And it easily punches 20 sheets of 20lb paper per lift. And with a teammate, you can punch and bind at the same time.
The Megabind 1e also includes a depth of punch margin control, so you can control how far the punch is from the edge of the paper. There's also a heavy duty plastic comb opener. These features make it possible to bind documents with plastic combs that are as small as 3/16" and as large as 2 inches in diameter. This means that it can bind documents up to 425 pages of 20lb paper. This machine even has a built-in binding guide on the document table to help you choose the right size of comb for your project. Simply slide the papers in and you can read what size you need.
It has 24 fully disengageable dies. This means that it can be used to punch almost any size paper imaginable. The pins are easy to use and the measuring scale is easy to read. To keep from over-opening combs, there's a continuous binding control knob on the left side. This is very helpful when binding many copies of the same document. Side margin control is lockable and helps in consistency of punching all papers. Although it's inconvenient because it's on the back side of a heavy machine, the chip waste tray is ample.
The investment is a sure bet with the Akiles Megabind 1e. It's a solid machine that performs with excellence. For demos and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Akiles Megabind 1E Plastic Comb Binding Machine Review
An electric comb binder that is meant for medium sized organizations and daily use, the Akiles Megabind 1E includes some features that smaller binding systems don't. Here is a quick rundown of this machine's strengths and weaknesses as we see them.
- Akiles is quickly becoming known for making a tough and rugged machine, and the Megabind 1E is definitely that. Made up almost entirely of metal, all of the major components appear to be constructed with a mind to providing even daily users a good many years of service.
- One thing that puts the Megabind 1E in rarefied company is its twenty four fully disengageable dies. What this means to the user is that there is pretty much no size of document that it will not be able to effectively work with. This means that any size sheet, from letter to legal, and even A4 or half letter size sheets, and even oversized covers are within the capabilities of this machine. In our experience, it is almost always worth the extra cost to purchase a machine with disengageable dies because you just never know when a project will come up in which that kind of capability will be needed.
- Another great feature that will help to ensure accurate punching and maximize usability of the finished books is the depth of punch margin control. Depending on document thickness, it is important to punch the binding holes the correct distance from the edge of the sheets so the plastic comb will fit correctly and your books will be durable and easy to use. The depth control and the plastic comb opener that is also included mean that the Megabind 1E is able to bind documents that are up to four hundred twenty five sheets in thickness. There is even a handy binding guide included which will help you to choose the correct size of comb that is needed for your document.
- The Megabind 1E includes one of the better innovations of a lot of binding systems out there, and that is foot pedal operation. This allows the user to use both hands when punching, which enhances accuracy and increases productivity.
- While the Megabind 1E was recently upgraded with a new motor (which was much needed, as the old motor had a capacity of a mere twelve sheets per lift), the new motor could have been a little more powerful itself, as the capacity is only around twenty sheets. Not bad, but still not as high a capacity as some machines out there.
- We found that the placement of the chip holder at the back of the unit was a little bit inconvenient. Most chip holders on these types of machines are either located on the front or on the side. The ease of access of the chip holder is by no means a make or break decision when you are looking for a binding system, but this one was a little bit difficult to get to on a regular basis, and if the machine is placed against a wall, it will add a little aggravation.