Challenge JF Single Spindle Paper Drill
- Convenient Foot Pedal Operation
- 2" Drilling Capacity: Drills up to 2" lifts of stock in a single stroke.
- 13 Hollow Drill Bit Sizes: Hole sizes range from 1/8" to 1/2" diameters.
- Auto - Trip Side Guide: For muliple hole patterns, the versatile backguage offers up to four adjustable stop locations (additonal adjustable stops sold separately). The auto-trip feature automatically releases the paper guide to advance to the next stop setting upon the completion of each stroke cycle.
- Adjustable Margins: Thumb screws easily lock the backgauge to the drill table. To adjust your margins simply loosen the screws and line up the gauge with the dual scales located on the drill table. Hole locations can be drilled up to a 4" margin from the edge of the paper.
- Cornering / Slitting / Slotting Options: Attachments are available to make your JF drill even more versatile. Round cornering attachments can corner lifts from 1/8" to 1/2" sizes and straight diagonals. Slitting / Slotting attachment can slit, slot, or V-slot drilled Holes for up to 1/2" lifts.
- Included: (1) 1/4"/6.4 mm & (1) 5/16"/7.9 mm hollow drill bits, (12) 1-1/2"/38 mm wood
drilling blocks, (1) auto-trip backgauge, (1) manual & (1) tool kit
- Drill Head Operation: Foot Pedal
- Drill Sizes Available: 1/8" to 1/2" / 3 to 13 mm
- Maximum Drilling Capacity: 2" / 51 mm
- Minimum Distance Between Holes w/ Adj. Stops: 3/8" / 9.5 cm
- Minimum Distance Between Holes w/ Fixed Gauges: 1/4" / 6 mm
- Adjustable Range - Drill to Side Guide: 0 to 18-1/2" / 0 - 47 cm
- Adjustable Range - Drill to Backgauge: 0 to 4" / 0 - 10 cm
- Side Guide Trip: Automatic
- Cornering Capacity: 1/2" / 13 mm
- Cornering Capacity (with Cornermatic): 1" / 2.5 cm
- Slit / V-slot Capacity: 1/2" / 13 mm
- Table Size: 19-1/2" x 31-1/2" / 49.5 x 80 cm
- Table Height: 38" / 97 cm
- Overall Height: 60" / 152 cm
- Floor Space Needed: 32" x 42" / 81 x 107 cm
- Warranty: 1-Year Parts Warranty (Supplies Excluded)
- Net Weight (approximate): 154 lbs / 70 kg
- Shipping Weight (approximate): 225 lbs / 102 kg
- Electrical: 1 Phase, 60 Hz, AC.
Challenge JF Single Spindle Paper Drill Review
Is your workplace in need of a durable, versatile paper drill? If so, you should learn all about the Challenge JF Single Spindle Paper Drill. Here's everything you need to know about it.
The Challenge JF has the ability to drill through 2 inches of paper quickly. A typical ream of paper is about 2 inches tall, so you'll be able to drill through hundreds of sheets in a flash. You can drill sheets that are 19 inches long or less with this device.
This device is compatible with hollow bits that range in size from 1/8" to 1/2" so you'll be able to produce different sizes of holes for different documents. Two bits (5/16" and 1/4") come with the device to help you get stared.
The Challenge JF has an automatic trip side guide and adjustable margins so you'll be able to drill your paper in just the right spot(s). This machine also comes with a backgauge so you'll be able to put multiple holes in your paper to produce two- and three-hole patterns and more. (Note: you'll need to drill each hole separately if you're producing a multiple-hole pattern because this device only has one spindle. This could be time-consuming if you have lots of sheets to process.)
The Challenge JF can do more than just put holes in paper. You can purchase several different attachments for it to use for round cornering, slitting, and slotting. Unfortunately, all of these attachments are sold separately but they can really make your machine much more versatile.
This machine is operated by a foot pedal which allows you to keep your hands free while operating it. You'll feel in more control over the process because of this feature.
If your workspace is pretty cramped, the Challenge JF may not be the best choice. It has a 32" x 42" footprint so it requires 1,344 square inches of space. Also, it's 60 inches tall and weighs 154 pounds. You'll want to get help moving it so you don't end up injuring yourself.
This device is well-constructed and is durable enough to provide you with years of use. It comes with a one-year warranty so you're covered in case you experience any problems with it.
The Challenege JF is really one of the best single spindle drills on the market. Its drilling capacity is typical for a machine like this and it's large enough for you to process hundreds of sheets in a matter of seconds. This device has lots of features that make it easy for you to get the results you want including the backgauge, automatic trip side guide, and the adjustable margins. (Just keep in mind you'll need to drill each hole separately because this is a single spindle device.) Also, it's great that you can purchase attachments to this device to use it for slotting, slitting, and corner rounding. The attachments turn this machine into an all-in-one device that would be a great choice for binderies, print shops, and more. So if your workplace is in need of a fantastic paper handling machine, the Challenge JF is a product you need to take a look at.