Challenge Spartan 150M 15.75" Manual Heavy-Duty Paper Cutter
- Cutting: Manual - Hand Lever Operation
- Clamping: Manual - Hand-Crank. The hand-crank design for clamping creates a much higher clamping force than the lever design which results in a better quality cut.
- LED Digital Backgauge Position Indicator with +/-0.01" (+/-0.1mm) Backgauge Accuracy - provides for easier operator interface, higher productivity, and easier repeatable accuracy than a hard to read indicator on a scale as is used in other brands.
- Laser Red LED Cut Line Light - produces a very sharp, easy to see cut line without the replacement problems of incandescent bulbs.
- Front Safety Shield interlocked with the cutting lever - provides protection for the operator during operation.
- Heavy-Duty Steel, Cast Iron, and Cast Aluminum Construction give the cutter the "Challenge" durability.
- Consumable supplies (knives, sticks) retail for approximately 30% less than the major competitive brands.
- Included: 1 high speed steel knife, 1 plastic cutting stick, 1 jogging aid, 1 tool kit, and 1 knife change holder assembly.
- Cutting Width: 15-3/4" (40 cm)
- Clamp Opening: 1-1/2" (3.8 cm)
- Minimum Cut: 1-15/16" (4.9 cm)
- Maximum Cut: 15-1/4" (38.7 cm)
- Table Space In Front of Knife: 6-1/4" (15.9 cm)
- Overall Height: 12-1/2" (31.8 cm)
- Overall Width: 28-1/8" (71.4 cm)
- Overall Length: 27-1/4" (69.2 cm)
- Net Weight (approximate): 80 lbs. (36 kg)
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Challenge Spartan 150M Paper Cutter Review
Selecting a high-quality, heavy-duty paper cutter isn't too difficult - especially if you know what to look for. One device that's definitely worth a look is the Challenge Spartan 150M which offers a good cutting capacity, easy operation, and more. Here's a look at what it can do so you can decide if it's right for your workplace.
The 150M has a decent cutting width. This device can cut paper that's up to 15.75" wide, so it's perfect for letter- and legal-sized sheets. There's also ample room on the cutting table because there's 6.25" of space in front of the blade.
This machine can cut up to 1.5" of paper at a time. That's well over 200 sheets so you'll be able to trim large amounts of paper very quickly.
The 150M is a totally manual cutter but it's still pretty easy to use. First of all, you turn a hand-crank to apply pressure to the stack of sheets. More pressure results in a cleaner cut. All you need to do to actually cut your paper is lower a lever and the blade will slice right through your sheets. It doesn't get much easier than that.
One particularly handy feature is this device's LED backgauge position indicator. This indicator is easy to operate and it's very accurate so you can easily tell when the backgauge is.
Something that makes this device really user-friendly is its illuminated cutting line. The cutting line shows you where your sheets will be cut so you can re-align them if necessary.
This machine has safety shields on both the front and rear tables. These features will help you stay safe when cutting.
The 150M is a tabletop device but you're going to find that it takes up a fair amount of room. It measures 12.5" (height) x 28.125" (width) x 2.25" (length). You'll probably want to have a totally separate space for it so it won't take over your entire work surface. Also, be sure to exercise caution when moving his device because it weighs 80 pounds.
This is a very durable trimmer so you'll be able to get a lot of use out of it. Due to its all-metal construction, you should be able to use this device for years to come.
Finally, the 150M is covered by a one-year warranty.
If you're looking for a high-quality manual paper cutter for heavy-duty use, the Challenge Spartan 150M is a great choice. This device offers the ability to cut reasonably large sheets of paper and it can cut a 1.5-inch stack pretty quickly. There are a lot of great features this machine has to offer including its illuminated cutting line, safety shields, and the LED backgauge position indicator. Plus, it's easy to use and incredibly durable. (The one-year warranty is nice as well.) You'll just need to make sure you have enough room for this device. All in all, this is a a cutter worth your consideration, so take a look at it today.