Coverbind Duo Thermal Binder and Pouch Laminator
Have you ever wanted to combine laminating and binding into one machine? Not just to save your workspace the clutter of multiple machines, but to save yourself time and hassle? Check out the Coverbind Duo 2-in-1 thermal binding and pouch laminating machine. This innovative creation was designed for users with lower work volumes, such as those of home users or small offices. It combines the strength and professionalism of a Coverbind thermal binder with a quick, simple pouch laminator.
The thermal binding portion of this machine is easy to use. Just pair with the Coverbind Thermal Binding Cover of your choice, place your sheets into the cover, and drop them into the binding opening. The machine will thermally bind your document in just about 60 seconds. When it is done, place your report into the attached cooling rack so the glue can finish curing. When not in use, the cooling rack doubles as a dust cover, protecting the binding opening from dirt and debris. The Coverbind Duo can handle books up to about 200 sheets* thick and between half-size (5-1/2" W x 8-1/2" H) to letter size (8-1/2" W x 11" H) sheet sizes.
When you're ready to laminate, just flip the switch on the Coverbind Duo binding/laminating machine. In only a few minutes the machine is warmed up and ready to go. Place your sheet into a laminating pouch and run it through the machine. On the other side you will reveal your professionally laminated document that is crystal-clear and protected from spills, tears, and bends. It can handle thermal pouches and cold laminating pouches up to 5 mil thick and 12" wide in both cold and thermal varieties.
* Based on 20# bond copy paper. Will vary depending on paper stock used.
- 2-in-1 Binding and laminating
- Compact machine easily fits on any desktop
- Seamlessly switch from binding to laminating with the push of a button
- Laminates hot (thermal) and pressure-sensitive (cold) pouches
- Binds most common document sizes from 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (half-size letter) to 8-1/2" x 11" (letter), in portrait
- Laminates up to menu size 12" W x 18" H thermal or cold/PSA pouches
- Built-in cooling rack for bound documents; doubles as a dust cover
- Automatic shut-off after 90 minutes of inactivity
- Minimum Binding Size: 5-1/2" W x 8-1/2" H (Half-Size Letter, Portrait)
- Maximum Binding Size: 8-1/2" W x 11" H (Letter Size, Portrait)
- Compatible Spine Widths: 1/16"–3/4" (Maximum 200 Sheets*)
- Compatible Spine Lengths: Up to 11" H
- Binding Cycle Speed: 60 Seconds
- Warm-Up Time: Less than 3-Minutes
- Maximum Laminating Size: 12" W x 18" H
- Laminating Capabilities: Hot & Cold Lamination
- Laminating Mil Thickness: 5 Mil
- Lamination Speed: Up to 9.8"/Minute (Variable Based on Laminate Thickness)
- Laminating Temperature: Hot or Cold Function
- Compatible Supplies: All Coverbind Thermal Binding Covers (Soft & Hard Covers from 1/16"–3/4"; Maximum 200 Sheets*)
Thermal & Cold Laminating Pouches (up to 12" x 18")
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 90-Day Limited Manufacturer's Warranty
- Power Supply: 110V
- Dimensions: 17.13" W x 4.53" D x 8.86" H
Coverbind Duo Review
The Coverbind Duo thermal binder and pouch laminator is a versatile and efficient machine for binding and laminating documents. I can get my binding and laminating done in half the time with this compact powerhouse, and I don't even have to leave my desk.
It is easy to use, with a simple interface and clear instructions labeled on the side. I can easily switch between pouch laminating and thermal binding, leaving me with professional bound and laminated projects. A perfect fit for small offices, classrooms, or home offices, it can handle up to 200 sheets or even 5 documents at a time. It's also budget-friendly and automatically turns off after 90 minutes of inactivity to save energy.
The entire process can take less than 10 minutes, with warm-up taking only 3 minutes and the binding process takes around a minute. I don't have to worry about getting mixed up with the binding and laminating; the LED and sound indicators alert me, so I know where I am in every process.
This is a compact but efficient binder and laminator combination. Easily put it on your desk for access and project completion. You're saving a ton of space by eliminating the need for another machine. However, this still works great alongside more advanced binders. Most workspaces add this with larger setups to get small jobs when larger jobs are in the queue. The built-in cooling rack allows less movement during the process and flips into a convenient dust cover for the device.
This duo pouch laminator and thermal binder is excellent for smaller offices and businesses. A great addition to your craft room or home office when putting together tear-resistant documents and reports. If you're looking for a way to speed through lamination and binding faster without multiple machines, the Coverbind Duo Thermal Binder and laminator is the one to alleviate your troubles.
MyBinding staff reviews are written by various team members throughout the company with a vast experience in the market. The purpose of these reviews is to help you make the best buying decision for your business and unique needs/uses, but please know that we are here to help you if you need a bit more guidance. Call us at 1-800-944-4573 for help with this or any other product in our store.