Dahle 580 32" Premium Guillotine Style Ream Cutter
- Cuts up to 30 sheets of paper at a time
- Industrial size guillotine equipped to handle large format work
- Ground self-sharpening blade made of Solingen Steel is lockable to prevent unauthorized use
- Acrylic safety shield separates hand from blade
- Manual foot clamp holds work securely in place and prevents shifting
- Inch and metric measurements with metric sizing grid for precise cuts
- Sturdy metal base will not warp or crack
- Adjustable backstop
- Equipped with a fold-up cut off shelf
- Includes metal floor stand
- Cutting Length: 32"
- Cutting Capacity: 30 sheets
- Dimensions: 34" x 37 3/4"
- Part Number: 580
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
- UPC Code: 76769580008
This is Dahle’s Premium Large Format Guillotine Paper Cutters.
As you can tell, the blade is quite massive—and your poor fingers are protected by a clear shield.
On the surface are many guides for paper sizes (including A2) and common angles.
It has inch and centimeter measurements and the edge guide is especially sturdy. Easily make adjustments and tighten it back up.
You can also move the edge guide to either side of the cutter.
Now lift the side tray up to prepare for our cut.
Evenly align your pages with the guides, grab the handle, press the foot pedal to clamp the pages in place and make your cut. and you’re done.
To ensure you make the right cut every time, you can ask for an optional laser guide.
Lastly, I tried to cut a larger stack of pages. And though it took quite a bit of force it did cut. I will note that the more pages you cut at a time, the less clean the cut will be—we recommend cutting less than 30 sheets.
And below you can store all your scraps, or really whatever you want down there.
Dahle 580 Premium Large-Format Guillotine Paper Cutter Review
Have you been searching for a guillotine paper cutter to help you out with those large jobs? If so, you might want to give the Dahle 580 some consideration. Check out its strengths and weaknesses.
- The Dahle 580’s main strength is its excellent cutting capacity. This trimmer can process up to 30 sheet of 20 lb. bond paper at once, which really great for a guillotine cutter. The cutting capacity makes this device a great choice if you need to cut a lot of paper on a regular basis. You can even work with thicker materials including mat board.
- This is a large-format trimmer that can be used to cut paper that’s up to 32 inches long. Of course, you’ll also be able to use it for small sheets as well, including the ever-popular letter- and legal-sized paper.
- When it comes to safety features, Dahle never skimps on them and they’ve made sure that the 580 has everything you need to stay safe. For one thing, the blade locks into place when its not being used which helps prevent it from flying up without warning. (It also makes it difficult to run your fingers along the edge of the blade.) There’s also an acrylic safety shield that will prevent your hands from coming into contact with the blade as you cut.
- To keep your paper in place, this trimmer has a manual clamp that will prevent it from fanning and moving around. There’s also an adjustable backstop to make everything a bit easier.
- The Dahle 580 is made from high-quality materials, including Solingen steel, which was used for the self-sharpening blade. This is a heavy-duty device that’s great for repeated use. The metal base has both standard and metric measurements printed on it for ease of use.
- And to top it all off, this product comes with a lifetime warranty.
- As far as weaknesses go, the Dahle 580’s size may work against it in some circumstances. The cutter itself measures 36” x 33” and it’s attached to a table. In other words, this is a big device. The folding cut-off shelf also adds to this device’s size. (Although it does prevent your paper scraps from being scattered on the floor.) It’s not ideal for smaller workplaces, unfortunately. Also this is a very heavy device that weighs in at 122 pounds, so it will be difficult to move.
When it comes right down to it, the Dahle 580 is an excellent large-format guillotine paper cutter, albeit a very big one. It has enough safety features to make the process a comfortable one, and the cutting capacity is simply great. This trimmer is also made from some of the best materials around so you’ll be able to get a lot of use out of it. You just need to make sure that there’s enough room in your work area for this device because it is truly enormous. If you have the space, take a look at the Dahle 580 today so you can start taking advantage of it.