- Dual high powered 3 phase motor rated for continuous operation
- Fully enclosed, dust-proof gearbox housing
- Large shred compartment with easy-access door located in back of machine
- Pull-out bag frame mechanism mounted on rollers for easy replacement of disposable shred bags
- 79 gallon bin capacity
- Automatic stop when shred bag is full or when cabinet door is opened
- Thermal switch prevents overheating
- Mounted on heavy duty casters
- Particle size: 7/32" x 2"
- Sheet capacity: 350+
- Shred speed: 24-45 ft./min. (2 automatic speed modes)
- Security level: P-3 (Old Level 3)
- Feed opening: 20"
- Maximum horsepower: 24
- Motor output: 9 KW
- Electrical requirements: 220 V, 3 phase (50 amp. dedicated line required)
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 85 1/2" x 40 3/4" x 67 1/2" (depth with conveyor system is 121")
- Weight: 3,080 lbs.
High-capacity document shredder. The ultimate solution for large volume shredding with modular conveyor belt system for the shredded paper as an option. User-friendly ergonomic switch panel for convenient and safe operation. Large table with conveyor belt for controlled, efficient feeding. Impressive capacity: shreds up to 600 to 700 sheets at a time. “2-SPEED” two speed levels (automatic speed adjustment to the paper quantity fed). Heavy-duty shredding unit and powerful gear motor with 4.5 kW or 9 kW (three-phase power supply required). Centralized oiler for effective and convenient lubricating of the shredding head. Shreds crumpled paper and flat materials. Automatic reverse and re-feeding in case of paper jams – overfeeding is impossible. Automatic stop when the shred bag is full. Practical shred trolley on swivel casters with a capacity of 300 litres. A modular conveyor belt system with electrical belt drive is available as an option. Output can be doubled using this system. Cross-cut 8 x 40 to 80 mm. Easy removal and disposal of the full plastic bags. Safe and convenient operation – main switch and safety lock with key, emergency cut-off switch, electronically secured safety element in the feeding area, optical indicators for operational status, electronically secured shred compartment, GS, CE, UL. The ideal shredder for centralized document shredding – easy to use, powerful, safe. Quality “Made in Germany.”
MBM DestroyIt 5009 Cross-Cut Paper Shredder Review
Shredding services can be convenient but they also increase the chance of your company experiencing a security breach. However, you can keep things under wraps with an in-house shredder. One possibility is the MBM DestroyIt 5009, a high-volume device that's ideal for companies that need to shred a lot. This is what it has to offer:
- The DestroyIt 5009 is an excellent choice if you need a powerful, high-volume shredder. It can shred a lot of sheets at once and its motor is powerful enough to handle various types of media. Some of the items it can shred include VHS tapes, CD's, and hardcover books.
- This machine can destroy up to 46 feet of material in just one minute. It can run continuously so you can shred all day if you need to. The feed opening is 20" wide so you can easily get rid of any wide-format documents.
- Not only can this machine handle different types of materials, it offers a good amount of security. It has a Level 2 security rating (Level 6 is the highest) and it will turn an item in shreds that measure 11/32" x 1-1/2". This may not be secure enough for highly confidential documents but it's more than adequate for correspondence and the like.
- The DestroyIt 5009's waste bin is extremely large. It can hold up to 79 gallons of shreds so it can store a lot even if you're shredding a lot of materials. Getting rid of the shreds is pretty easy. There's a frame that's mounted on rollers so you can pull it out, tie off the bag, and recycle everything.
- This machine's gears are stored in a dust-proof compartment. No matter how much you use the shredder, this feature will help keep your work area clean.
- As you may have expected, this shredder is extremely large. It measures a hefty 85.5" (depth) x 40.75" (weight) x 67.5" (height) so you're going to have to have a lot of room for it. And make sure you put it in a good place so you won't need to move it. That's because it weighs almost 3,100 pounds. It does have casters which helps make it somewhat easier to move.
- Although the DestroyIt 5009 is big, it's pretty easy to operate. The control panel is easy to navigate and there's an emergency stop button just in case you run into any problems. Also, it has a safety lock so people can stay safe around it.
- The DestroyIt 5009 has great warranty protection. The cutting mechanism (shafts and wheels) is covered by a 10-year warranty while general parts have 1 year of protection. Also, the motor is thermally protected so you shouldn't ever really have any problems with it, especially in regards to overheating.
Final rating: 9. The MBM DestroyIt 5009 is a terrific high-volume shredder. While it doesn't have a Level 6 rating, it nonetheless offers much, much more security than a shredding service can, especially since it can handle multimedia items and hardcover books. Check this machine out today so you can keep your company's information private.
You Save: 40%
You Save: 56%
You Save: 18%
You Save: 36%
You Save: 22%