Sorry, but FastBack Model FB15xs Binding Machine is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
FastBack Model FB15xs Binding Machine
- Machine Dimensions: 25"W x 9.5"H x 22"D
- Maximum weight: 55 lbs (25 kg)
- Spine Lengths: Max. 14.875" (37.8cm) (A4); Min. 6" ( 15.24cm).
- Spine Thickness: Narrow, medium, wide
- Binding Capacity: 10 sheets to 1.5" max. thickness (3.8 cm)
- Page Sizes: Max. 14.875" (37.8cm) and Min. 8.5" (21.59cm)
- Optimal Paper Weight: 20 lb standard (80 gsm) to 32 lb (120 gsm)
- Edit Capability: Yes (<2 edit cycles)
- Binding Time: 15-35 seconds
- Warm-up Time: 9 minutes
- 115VAC, 60 Hz, 7 amps
- Regulatory Approvals: UL, CE, cUL, TUV, MITI
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
This is a reliable binder that can be operated by following the steps indicated in the display window. Fastback documents are strong and durable and they can endure up to 50 pounds of pull. Fastback is able to bind 3 to 50 sheets of 20 pound paper from a length of 5 inches to 14 and 7/8 inch. It is also possible to rearrange, add and remove pages by using the edit feature.
The opera ... Read More
Powis Parker Fastback Model 15xs CP Tape Binding Machine Review
Designed for medium to high volume use, the Powis Parker Fastback Model 15xs CP is a binding system that uses thermal tape to create high-end quality books, reports and documents. One of the quicker binding methods out there, according to company literature, this machine can create documents in as little as fifteen seconds. Here is a brief overview of the machine’s strengths and weaknesses.
- The 15xs is very versatile, able to create documents anywhere from two to three hundred fifty pages thick. If your organization needs to bind multiple document sizes, the Fastback 15xs is a treat. Only three strip sizes are needed to bind any document up to 1.5 inches thick. That means you won’t have to keep huge inventory of supplies on hand.
- The 15xs comes equipped with what Parker calls a “smart sensor” that will let the user know what size of strip is needed for the document that is being produced, and will automatically adjust the binding time for each size.
- Traditionally, certain paper stocks cannot be bound by thermal binding, however with the Powis CP strips, hard to bind papers can now be securely bound.
- It is hard to imagine a system that is easier to use. Even a complete novice can handle binding job easily, and the 15xs also features a menu enabling users to make adjustments on the fly, such as bind time, strip end, and other applications.
- The warm up time of fifteen minutes seems a little long. While the binding time is very fast, the excessive warm up might cause users to leave the machine on all the time, increasing electricity use. However, the machine does have the capability to go into a sleep mode after long periods of non use.
- Though not any less durable than any other similar machine, due to the fact that it contains more electrical parts than a standard punch binding system, it might be a good idea to purchase a service contract when you but the 15xs, just like you might for, say, a copier. That being said, most repairs that will be needed are fast and simple.
- Fastback binding time is very fast, but when it is finished binding, there is a cooling time that is required. To be safe, the user should wait at least one minute before touching the book, and it should be completely cooled down before it is used.
- Although it is in the same range as some of the top punch production systems, the cost of the Fastback 15xs might be more than a small volume user wants to incur.
- Because the binding strips that this system uses are only available in certain lengths, potential buyer will want to know beforehand what size documents they want to produce.
The Verdict:Clearly one of the most advanced and higher end binding systems available, the 15xs would be a great choice for any business that needs to produce professional looking documents on a regular basis. The speed at which it binds (minus the warm up time) gives this machine a huge advantage over almost any other binding system.