Sorry, but Fellowes Intellishred SB-89Ci Cross Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes Intellishred SB-89Ci Cross Cut Paper Shredder
- Auto Start/Stop: Yes - Electronic
- Continuous Run Time (minutes): 20 on/40 off
- Color: BLACK/GRAY
- Casters: Yes
- Basket Capacity (gallons): 7
- Can Shred: CDs, junk mail, credit cards, staples and paper clips
- Cut Size: 5/32" x 1 1/2"
- Cut Type: Cross-Cut
- Item Number: 3228901
- Item H x W x D (inches): 23.0625" x 14" x 17.125"
- Jam Technology: Jam Proof System
- Oil Technology: N/A
- Noise Level at Capacity (dB): 70
- Paper Entry Width: 9"
- Suggested Price: $379.98
- Sheet Capacity Selector: No
- Sheet Capacity: 15
- SCS Code: 50043859527767
- Safety Features: SafeSense®
- Speed (Feet Per Minute): 10
- Motor Reverse: Yes
- UPC Code: 043859527762
- Warranty: 2 Years Manufacturer, Lifetime on Cutting Cylinders
Fellowes Intellishred SB-89Ci Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
Deskside shredders are quickly becoming one of the most important items your business can own. With the increasing risks of identity theft and corporate espionage, you just can’t afford to leave your most secure documents in the hands of a shredding service, or in the case of your most highly confidential papers, even administrative staff. Here, we will take a look at one of Fellowes’ deskside shredders, the Sb-89Ci, and give you a list of what we consider to be some of this shredder’s advantages and disadvantages.
- One thing that you will always have to watch out for when using a shredder is paper jams. Not everyone who uses the machine will know how much it is capable of handling, and it is almost inevitable that someone is going to try and stuff too much into the paper feed. The Sb-89Ci comes with Fellowes’ very effective Jam Proof System. The Jam Proof System utilizes an electronic sensor to determine paper thickness. The system offers a red light / green light system to alert the user if the paper is too thick to shred. The machine will not run if the paper is too thick. We tested the system out, and found it worked great.
- Shredders have not always been known for their quiet operation, and the more shredders you have around the office, the more distracting noise they can create. We found the Sb-89Ci, however, to be remarkably quiet.
- Safety is also always an issue when it comes to shredders. Fellowes has come up with a pretty ingenious system to keep users’ hands and fingers safe from the cutting device. Sb-89Ci comes with their patented SafeSense system, which utilizes body heat sensor placed at the feed opening that stops the cutting blades immediately if the user’s hand gets too close. Just to be safe, we made our boss try it out, and it worked perfectly.
- We also liked the 7 gallon bin, which we found to be easy to remove, and pretty big for the small size of the Sb-89Ci. The two year warranty is a bonus, and we are impressed that the cutting blades are guaranteed for the life of the machine.
- Something to be aware of is that the Sb-89Ci is designed to be used for only twenty minutes at a stretch before it will need a forty minute rest period. This is pretty typical for a smaller shredder though, and shouldn’t be a problem for a deskside unit, if the user shreds documents just a few at a time.
- The throat width of nine inches means you will have to fold some larger documents over before they will fit into the feed. With a capacity of a respectable fifteen sheets at a time, though, this shouldn’t be a problem if you do it within reason.
- Again, typical for a smaller shredder, you will have to oil the Sb-89Ci yourself.
Recommendation:The Sb-89Ci is a great, feature-rich deskside shredder, and one you should take a serious look at. With its ability to cut compact discs, staples, and paperclips, this is a lot of shredder for the money.