Sorry, but Fellowes MS-470Ci Jam Proof Micro-Cut Paper Shredder is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Fellowes MS-470Ci Jam Proof Micro-Cut Paper Shredder
- Item Number:
Fellowes PowerShred MS-470Ci Paper Shredder Review
Fellowes is one of the most trusted names in the paper shredding world. One of their great new products is the PowerShred MS-470Ci Paper Shredder, a commercial-grade machine that’s great for busy offices that need a device which offers a high level of security. Here are the strengths of this product, as well as a brief outline of its few weaknesses.
- The MS-470Ci is a commercial-grade shredder that’s good for use in a office setting in which 3 to 5 people will use it.
- This is a micro-cut machine with a Level 4 security rating, so it’s great for destroying confidential documents. The shreds this devices produces are 10 times smaller than the pieces from a cross-cut unit. This machine will turn a letter-sized sheet of paper into approximately 2,500 particles so you can rest easy knowing your private information will stay private.
- Up to 12 sheets can be shredded in one pass. The shredder has a 16-gallon waste bin and can hold 80% more shreds than a bin in a typical cross-cut machine.
- Credit cards, CD’s/DVD’s, and small metal fasteners such as staples can be shredded by this device.
- This is a continuous-duty shredder that doesn’t need any cooling off time.
- Paper jams won’t be a common occurrence because the MS-470Ci has an anti-jam feature. As you feed your paper into the machine, a indicator on top of it will turn different colors to tell you if you’re trying to shred too much. If your color is green or yellow, you’re okay, but if you run into the red, you’ll need to remove some sheets.
- Like many of Fellowes’ shredders, this one has SafeSense technology that will stop the device if your hands get too close to the feed opening. Also, the machine operates quietly and won’t disturb others.
- This is one of the cleanest shredders you can use because it has a mess reduction feature. This feature will prevent paper dust from building up on the cutting head and it will keep fly-away pieces inside the device.
- If saving on energy costs is a concern, you’ll be pleased to know that the MS-470Ci was designed for maximum efficiency so it won’t waste electricity.
- Each product has a 2-year warranty and service agreement. There’s also 7 years’ worth on coverage on the machine’s cutting mechanism.
- The MS470-Ci can’t destroy floppy disks, so it doesn’t have full multimedia shredding capabilities.
- Both paper and multimedia scraps are mixed in the waste bin.
- This device has a 9.5-inch opening, which means if you need to shred something that’s wider than that, you’ll have to either fold it up or cut it before shredding.
- Finally, this product is 31.75 inches tall and 17.75 inches wide. It’s a pretty big machine that will take up some room and obviously, it can’t be stowed away under a desk.
After reviewing the Fellowes PowerShred MS470Ci Paper Shredder’s strengths and weaknesses, it’s obvious that this machine has a lot to offer. Although it can’t shred floppy disks and there isn’t a separate feed slot for non-paper materials, these are minor complaints. The shredder’s security rating and abundance of special features make this device perfect for any office in need of a high-security machine.