Model NameModelSpeedHopper CapacityPre-Set FoldsPaper SizesPaper WeightProgrammable jobsDimensionsWeightPowerWarranty
ATLAS Air-FeedUp to 27,000 per hourUp to 500 sheets, 22# bondPre-programmed for C, V, Z, Gate, Fold Out and Double ParallelMin: 5.8" L x 5.5" W (3.7" with optional narrow sheet attachment), Max: 25.5" L x 14.3" WMin: 16# bond, Max: 90# cover (variable, based on material and grain direction)Up to 645.9" L x 19.4" D x 50.4" H265 lbs220V/230V, 50/60Hz90 day limited warranty on parts. Excluding wearables and labor.
ATLAS-AS Air-FeedUp to 27,500 per hourUp to 500 sheets, 22# bondPre-programmed for C, V, Z, Gate, Fold Out and Double ParallelMin: 6.2" L x 5.5" W (3.7" with optional narrow sheet attachment), Max: 26.5" L x 14.3" WMin: 16# bond, Max: 90# cover (variable, based on material and grain direction)Unlimited48.8" L x 21.8" D x 54" H265 lbs220V/230V, 50/60Hz90 day limited warranty on parts. Excluding wearables and labor.
FD 3300 Air-FeedUp to 18,600 sheets/hour (11", single fold)Up to 625 sheets (64gsm)C, Z, Half, Fold Out, Gate, and Double Parallel7.17" - 18" L x 4.73" - 12.24" WUp to 230gsm (single fold)N/A24" W x 47" L x 21.5" H149 lbs100 - 240V, 60 HzN/A
Formax ATLAS-AS Air-Feed Document Folder
19332.50 NewCondition InStock
Formax ATLAS-AS Air-Feed Document Folder
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
The ATLAS-AS Air-Feed Document Folder combines high-volume output with user-friendly features in a rugged, small footprint. With variable speed control, it can process up to 27,500 sheets per hour. Its 7" full-color touchscreen control panel allows operators to set up jobs easily and to program an unlimited number of jobs into memory. Fully-enclosed fold plates feature dials to select fold plate position and LED displays accurate to 0.1mm. The fold rollers are made of a durable composite material designed to easily grip high-gloss paper, and are housed in a single patented pull-out cassette. The powerful air suction feed table handles a wide variety of coated or non-coated stock, up to 26.5" in length, and aligns the sheets prior to folding. It also features a suction chamber to control curled or statically charged paper. Standard features include a modular perforator/scorer which can also be used as a roller bypass, allowing cover stock to be folded and output flat. The belt-driven outfeed stacker is located on the same side as the infeed, allowing operators to easily operate the Atlas-AS from a single position. Double document and jam detection, batch counting, anti-static brushes, skew and micro adjustments complete the user-friendly package. The Atlas-AS Air-Feed Folder is ideal for those with big folding jobs and limited space.
- High-Speed Output: Large jobs are processed quickly at speeds of up to 27,000 pieces per hour.
- Powerful Air Suction Feed Table: Handles a variety of coated and non-coated stock, in a range of paper weights and sizes, up to 26.5" in length.
- 7" Color Touchscreen Control Panel: Program and make adjustments quickly and easily with graphics-based menus.
- Low-Pressure Air Chamber: Designed specifically to control curled paper prior to entering fold rollers.
- Simple, Accurate Alignment : Squares and aligns sheets prior to feeding .
- Batch Counter: Programmable to process pre-set number of sheets into sets with a delay.
- Six Standard Folds in Common Paper Sizes: Pre-programmed for 6 popular fold types in letter, legal and ledger paper sizes equalling 18 preset fold settings.
- Unlimited Custom Folds: Program and store an unlimited number of custom folds into memory .
- Fully-enclosed Fold Plates: Sound reduction.
- Easy-to-Use Fold Settings: Set and adjust folds using the 7" color touchscreen control panel.
- Durable Fold Rollers: Made of composite material designed to easily grip high-gloss paper, and are housed in a single patented pull-out cassette .
- Belt-Driven Outfeed Stacker: Located on the same side as the infeed table, allows operators to easily load and unload the Atlas from a single position.
- Compact, Rugged Unit: High-volume, high-speed output in a small footprint.
- Perforating / Scoring: Easy-to-use plug-in perforator / scorer delivers finished pieces to a catch tray, and can also be used as a roller bypass, allowing cover stock to be folded and delivered flat.
- Anti-Static Brushes: Improves paper feeding.
- Skew and Micro Adjustments: Allow for fine tuning and crisp, precise folds.
- Double Document Detector: Detects and helps to prevent paper jams caused by double feeding.
- Options: Narrow Sheet Guide Attachment - Makes feeding narrow sheets quick, easy and accurate and FD 402TA1 / FD 404A1 Air Joggers: High-capacity air joggers align pages and reduce static electricity commonly caused by digital printing.
- Speed: Up to 27,500 per hour
- Hopper Capacity: Up to 500 sheets, 22# bond
- Pre-Set Folds: Pre-programmed for C, V, Z, Gate, Fold Out and Double Parallel
- Paper Sizes: Min: 6.2" L x 5.5" W (3.7" with optional narrow sheet attachment)
Max: 26.5" L x 14.3" W
- Paper Weight: Min: 16# bond
Max: 90# cover (variable, based on material and grain direction)
- Programmable jobs: Unlimited
- Dimensions: 48.8" L x 21.8" D x 54" H
- Weight: 265 lbs
- Power: 220V/230V, 50/60Hz
- Manufacturer's Warranty:
- 90 day limited Manufacturer's Warranty on parts.
- Excluding wearables and labor.
Transcript: Formax presents the Atlas and Atlas AS Air Feed Folders. The Atlas and Atlas AS are powerful compact air feed folders that meet the quality demands of light production folding. Easy setup and user-friendly operations separate these folders from the rest. Both folders feature a powerful air suction feed table with an alignment deck for consistent accurate feeding of forms, an innovative fold roller access design, and a perforator scorer attachment. The Atlas and Atlas AS each offer the same superior qualities and ease of setup, the difference between them is that the Atlas has manual fold sett ... Read More
Formax presents the Atlas and Atlas AS Air Feed Folders. The Atlas and Atlas AS are powerful compact air feed folders that meet the quality demands of light production folding. Easy setup and user-friendly operations separate these folders from the rest. Both folders feature a powerful air suction feed table with an alignment deck for consistent accurate feeding of forms, an innovative fold roller access design, and a perforator scorer attachment. The Atlas and Atlas AS each offer the same superior qualities and ease of setup, the difference between them is that the Atlas has manual fold settings, while the Atlas AS boasts all automatic settings for even more efficiency. Let's take a closer look at each model and how they work. There are five components to setting the air feed table. Step one is to set the infeed gap, take two sheets of paper and slide them under the bullnose then lower the bullnose until there is a slight drag when pulling the paper back. Step 2, adjust the side guides for the paper size being used, loosen the knobs and slide the guide wall in or out leaving about a sixteenth of an inch gap between the paper and the wall and then tighten into position. Step three, slide the rear guide into position so that it's snug against the back of the paper stack. Step 4, adjust the side air so that the paper elevates and reduces friction. Three settings can be selected based on the paper length and thickness. And step 5, adjust the suction that will pull the paper in, more for heavy stock and less for lighter stock. With the in feet adjusted, the fold plates can now be set for the fold type and paper length. The Atlas fold plates are manually set. To begin, locate the fold type and paper size on the fold setup guide. There are six common predetermined fold settings for six different fold types and three paper sizes. Set the top fold plate first, our paper is 8 1/2 by 11 inches and we want to do a letter fold. The guide indicates that the top fold plate needs to be set to 3.615, to do this loosen the fold lock thumb screw then press the LED power button, turn the fold dial at the top of the fold plate to set the fold stop to 3.6. Then, hold down the fine-tune button and again turn the dial to match the 3.615 setting. Finally, lock the fold plate into position with the thumb screw. Now look at the lower fold plate setting on the chart, it reads 3.620. The same steps are used to set the lower fold plate, with the fold plate set you are ready to start folding. Load the paper onto the infeed table, flip the roller and air switch to the On position and then press Start. The Atlas features a stream feed or pulse setting that comes in handy for feeding different paper weights, batch counting can also be selected for small group runs. Now let's automate the fold setup process with the Atlas AS. The Atlas AS is pre-programmed for six popular fold types in three different sizes, in addition an unlimited number of custom jobs can be stored. With your in-feed table set, simply select the desired fold type and paper size. The fold plates and outfeed stacker wheels will adjust automatically. Switching between folds is a snap, simply select the new fold type and press Enter. Let's take a closer look at the rugged and innovative design of the fold plates and fold roller access. The Atlas and Atlas AS fold plates are all-metal sturdy construction for consistent folds and well insulated for noise reduction. To access the fold rollers for routine maintenance or clearing, remove the fold plates then loosen and remove the thumb screws on either side of the folder, then you can easily slide the fold roller compartment up and out of the folder for complete access. It is just as easy to slide it back into position, both folders come standard with a perforator scorer attachment which is conveniently stored below the lower fold plate. Installation is very easy; it simply takes the place of the lower fold plate and no tools are required. Remove the fold plate to access the attachment and catch tray. First install the catch tray, now install the perforators scorer. The blades can be adjusted for different paper widths, they can also be swapped out to perforate or score. With the perforator scorer in place, load your paper and press Start. Paper is folded and perforated as shown here or it can just be perforated or scored. In addition, the perforator scorer attachment can be disengaged which allows heavier weight paper to be folded and lay flat without curl. The Formax Atlas and Atlas AS are easy to set up and operate with the power, durability and consistency needed for a light production environment in a compact design.
Compare to Similar Paper Folders
Asked by Frederick Klein
Thank you for your question. The Formax ATLAS-AS Air-Feed Document Folder is rated at 96 decibels.
Answered by MyBinding