Formax Cut-True 31A 28" Electric Guillotine Cutter
19346 NewCondition InStock
Formax Cut-True 31A 28" Electric Guillotine Cutter
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
The Formax Cut-True 31A Large Format Electric Guillotine Cutter gives precision cutting for paper stacks up to 28" wide and up to 4" high. Its user-friendly, intuitive features include a 7" color touchscreen control panel, automatically-adjusting back gauge and the capacity to program up to 100 jobs/100 cuts, making frequently run jobs quick and easy to duplicate. The bright LED Cutting Line allows for precise adjustments, and the hardened steel blade makes crisp, accurate cuts, time after time. To help operators maneuver large paper stacks, the Cut-True 31A features extra-large side tables. A false clamp is included to minimize the risk of marking sensitive paper stock or perfect bound books. The false clamp can be removed to decrease the minimum cut length to 1.18", and stored within the machine when not in use. It is also featured with an internal light to illuminate the cutting area. An infrared light beam curtain and two-button operation provide for multiple levels of safety. Other safety features include dual-button operation and an infrared safety curtain, a lock with key, blade lock, automatic blade return from any position, an easy-to-use blade change safety tool, and a wooden paper push for safe alignment. This Formax Cut-True 31A 28" Electric Guillotine Cutter is perfect for transforming large sheets into brochures, invitations and more, and is a great addition to print shops and in-plant finishing operations.
- Standard Features:
- Heavy Duty Construction: Designed for true two-shift operation.
- High-Speed Hardened Steel Blade: Designed for accurate cuts and long life.
- Electronically-Controlled: Paper clamp pressure and blade carrier.
- False Clamp: Minimizes marking of sensitive paper stock, easily stores within the machine when not in use.
- 7” Color Touchscreen Control Panel: Easily set, adjust and program jobs.
- LED Cutting Line: Bright red LED line indicates exactly where the blade will cut, allowing for precise adjustments prior to cutting.
- Solid Steel Blade Carrier: Built for longevity and minimal maintenance.
- Internal Light: Illuminates the cutting area for improved visibility.
- Extra-Large Side Tables: Allow users to maneuver large paper stacks with ease.
- Fine-Tuning Knob: Allows users to precisely adjust the back gauge position.
- Clamp-Lubricating Grease Ports: Easily accessed without removing covers.
- Operating Features:
- Cutting Capacity: Paper stacks up to 4” high and up to 28” wide.
- Automatic Blade Return from Any Position: Provides safe and accurate operation.
- Programmable Jobs: Up to 100 jobs/100 steps, including paper eject and cues for turning directions.
- Foot Pedal Pre-Clamp: Holds paper stack in position to check alignment prior to cutting.
- Business Card Cutting Mode: Allows for quick and easy set-up.
- Adjustable Clamp Pressure: Electronically controlled to accommodate different paper stock.
- Automatically-Adjusting Spring-Loaded Back Gauge: Ensures accuracy and reduces operator effort.
- Safety Features:
- Infrared Safety Curtain: Light beam curtain shuts down operation if the plane is interrupted.
- Two-Button Operation: Both buttons must be pressed simultaneously, keeping hands away from the cutting area.
- Blade Change Safety Tool: Allows users to easily and safely change the blade.
- Wooden Paper Push Tool: Helps to quickly and safely align the paper stack.
- Main Switch and Safety Key Lock: Keeps cutter secure from unauthorized operators.
- Options / Supplies:
- 31-10: Replacement Blade.
- 31-20: Replacement Cutting Sticks, pkg of 10.
- Cutting Action: Dual-button electric
- Cut Capacity: 1000 Sheets
- Maximum Cutting Width: 28.7” (730mm)
- Maximum Paper Stack Height: 3.94” (100mm)
- Programmable Jobs: Up to 100 programs with up to 100 steps each
- Length Behind Blade: 26.5” (673mm)
- Length in Front of Blade: 25” (635mm)
- Minimum Cut w/False Clamp: 2.36” (60mm)
- Minimum Cut w/o False Clamp: 1.18” (30mm)
- Table Size:
- 72.75” W x 25.125” D (1848 x 638mm) with standard side tables
- 43.12” W x 21.125” D (1095 x 537mm) without standard side tables
- Clamp Style: Automatic, electronic
- Back Gauge Adjustment: Fully programmable using touchscreen, accurate to 0.1mm
- Blade Change Safety Tool: Included
- Dimensions: 73” W x 69” D x 56.9” H (1857mm W x 1754mm D x 1445mm H)
- Weight: 1,279 lbs. (580kg)
- Power Supply: 208V, 60Hz, 30A dedicated line, NEMA 6-30P
- Warranty: 90 day limited warranty on parts, excluding wearables and labor
Write Your Own Review
Formax Cut True 31A and 31H Cutters Video
Transcript: FORMAX presents the Cut-True 31A and 31H True Two Shift Cutters. The FORMAX Cut-True 31A automatic electric cutter and 31H hydraulic cutter provide precision paper cutting for sheets up to twenty eight inches wide ideal for the digital print market place. Both models feature programmable job settings, an infrared light beam safety curtain, a high speed hardened steel blade and a large color touch screen control panel for quick and easy setup and operation. In addition the 31H features true hydraulic operation that activates both the clamp and the blade along with an air assist ball deck for ea ... Read More
FORMAX presents the Cut-True 31A and 31H True Two Shift Cutters. The FORMAX Cut-True 31A automatic electric cutter and 31H hydraulic cutter provide precision paper cutting for sheets up to twenty eight inches wide ideal for the digital print market place. Both models feature programmable job settings, an infrared light beam safety curtain, a high speed hardened steel blade and a large color touch screen control panel for quick and easy setup and operation. In addition the 31H features true hydraulic operation that activates both the clamp and the blade along with an air assist ball deck for ease of operation. The Cut-True 31A and 31H quickly and accurately cut paper stacks up to four inches high and paper sizes up to twenty eight inches wide. The bright Led cutting line indicates exactly where the blade will cut allowing operators to make fine adjustments. Two button operation engages the clamp and high speed hardened steel blade for crisp accurate cuts every time. The user friendly LCD control panel allows operators to program up to one hundred jobs with up to one hundred cuts each. The 31H air assist ball deck allows for easy maneuverability of large paper stacks. Watch as the paper effortlessly glides over the deck. A false clamp is included to minimize the risk of marking sensitive paper stacks. The clamp can be removed to decrease the minimum cut length and is easily stored under the front table of the cutter. When it is being stored a sensor is activated which automatically changes the minimum cutting size. Safety is a key element for both models. The infrared light beam curtain provides both safety and convenience as it shuts down operation if the light plane is interrupted. A key lock, wooden paper push and blade change tool are also standard for safe operation. The Cut-True 31A utilizes an electronic mechanism to securely clamp the paper stack. The Cut-True 31H uses hydraulic pressure to activate both the clamp and blade which can be adjusted to provide the best cut possible for different paper weights and stack heights. For a basic cutting job selector set the program using the control panel which will automatically adjust the back gage. Next slide the paper stack into position and use the wooden paper push to safely align the stack. Utilize the foot peddle to lower the clamp into place. Notice how the bright Led laser line shows exactly where the blade will cut, with the paper in position press the two cutting buttons which engage the cutting blade while keeping hands away from the cutting area. The high speed hardened steel blade is designed to last cut after cut. When it does need to be replaced the blade change tool makes it safe and easy. Select the blade change option on the control panel, remove the mounting bolts, attach the blade change tool and remove. Simply reverse the process to install the new blade. Cutting sticks are both economical and easy to adjust as they can be rotated up to four times before being replaced. FORMAX Cut-True 31A and 31H cutters are two true shift operation cutters and are ideal for transforming large digitally printed sheets into brochures, invitations and more. With crisp, accurate cuts these cutters are a welcome addition to print shops and in-plant finishing operations.