- Made in Germany: All HSM Classic & Securio Models are Made in Germany. Precision Engineering. TAA Compliant.
- Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders: Cutting Heads are Manufactured from 100% Steel. Maintains High Cutting Capabilities While Using Less Energy. V-groove Technology Ensures Precise Cutting.
- Cutting Cylinder Lifetime Warranty: Lifetime Warranty on Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders. Patented "V-Tek" Cutting Groove Technology. Higher Cutting Capacity. Lower Power Requirements.
- Anti-Jam Technology with Reverse Function: Prevents Jams When Machine is Overloaded. Increasing Productivity. Saves Unanticipated Repair Costs.
- Continuous Duty Motor: Allows for Continual Shredding with no Down Time. Longer Run Time Resulting in Reduced Labor Cost. Increasing Productivity.
- TAA Compliant: Machine is manufactured in a country compliant with the Trade Act Agreement.
- Enclosed Gear Boxes (Chain Driven): Totally Enclosed Gear Box Helps Reduce Noise and Prevents Failure from Dust and Debris Getting into the Gears.
- Order number: HSM1568
- EAN Code: 4026631033343
- Shredder material: Paper, CD/DVD, Paper Clip, Floppy Disk and Credit/Store Cards
- Cutting type: Cross Cut
- Security level (DIN 66399): P-3 (Old Level 3)
- Security level (DIN 32757-1): 3
- Cutting width: 1/8 in
- Particle length: 2 in
- Intake width: 16 in
- Container volume: 38.5 gal
- Cutting capacity: 38 - 40 sheets
- Noise level (idle operation): 68 dB
- Power consumption of the motor: 2100 W
- Voltage: 120 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Depth: 18.5 in
- Width: 23.4 in
- Height: 37 4/5 in
- Weight: 181 lb
- Colour: Light Grey
- Driving power: 2.82 kW
HSM 411.2cc Level 3 Cross Cut Professional Paper Shredder Review
While deskside shredders are handy, many large departments have gone to a more cost-effective central office shredder instead. One ideal system for this is the HSM 411.2cc Cross Cut Shredder. Equipped with a powerful motor and solid steel blades, this device is built for high volume performance in a large business. High quantities of multiple media types can be shred every day by this powerhouse. Here is a closer look at the HSM 411.2cc.
The many automatic features provide easy operation for any user. A keypad control has options for constant operation and reverse as well as an indicator light for standby. The modern electronic controller automatically starts the blades as paper is sensed in the feed slot. Once the items are through, the blades stop until the next stack is inserted. Auto reverse works to clear any jams that may occur by releasing the overfed paper.
Continuous shredding is possible by the powerful motor. It's specifically designed for high performance and prolonged shredding periods. Thermal protection prevents overheating. Dirt is kept out by the closed gear transmission system. All these work together to ensure optimal operation and extended life.
A wide 15.8 inch feed slot accepts stapled and paperclipped documents as well as credit cards, CDs, and floppy disks. Up to 40 pages can enter the blades at once and are shred as fast as 24 feet per minute.
The cross cutting mechanism dices items into tiny 1/8" by 2" pieces for a level three security rating. The confetti not only fills up the shred bin slower, it also keeps confidential information safely out of the wrong hands.
Paper remnants float down into a voluminous 38.5 gallon shred bin. The container is fitted with a convenient pull-out system for easy removal and replacement of the reusable shred bag. As an added safety measure, the machine stops when the bag is full or the cabinet door is open.
A 20 year guarantee comes on the hardened steel cutting shafts. A two year warranty on parts and labor covers the rest of the device.
The cross cut pieces only provide a medium level three security rating. This is perfectly acceptable for most office shredding, including confidential documents. But any highly classified or top secret material should go through a high security device. We recommend the HSM 390.3 in either the level five or six version.
At 176 pound, this is a heavy piece of machinery and will be hard to move around. Casters on the bottom provide some additional mobility but you will still want to be careful as you roll it from one location to another.
It is recommended that cross cut shredders be oiled as often as the shred bag is changed. For this, an automatic oiler would be a nice benefit to this machine. While you can purchase them separately, for an all in one shredder and oiler, check out the MBM Destroyit 3105.
As the strengths show, the HSM 411.2cc is a powerful shredder with ideal capacities and abilities for a large office. EDP departments would especially benefit from the wide opening that allows computer print-outs to continually shred. An office floor of about 20-25 people could share this machine as their sole multimedia device. We would highly recommend this convenient and efficient shredder as your next centralized office machine.
You Save: 27%
You Save: 41%
You Save: 36%
You Save: 25%
You Save: 54%