- Made in Germany: All HSM Classic & Securio Models are Made in Germany. Precision Engineering. TAA Compliant.
- Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders: Cutting Heads are Manufactured from 100% Steel. Maintains High Cutting Capabilities While Using Less Energy. V-groove Technology Ensures Precise Cutting.
- Cutting Cylinder Lifetime Warranty: Lifetime Warranty on Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders. Patented "V-Tek" Cutting Groove Technology. Higher Cutting Capacity. Lower Power Requirements.
- Continuous Duty Motor: Allows for Continual Shredding with no Down Time. Longer Run Time Resulting in Reduced Labor Cost. Increasing Productivity.
- Quiet Operation: Cutting System Engineered to Reduce Decibel Levels When Running. Lower Noise Level Whether Running Idol or Shredding Paper.
- TAA Compliant: Machine is manufactured in a country compliant with the Trade Act Agreement.
- Enclosed Gear Boxes: Totally Enclosed Gear Box Helps Reduce Noise and Prevents Failure from Dust and Debris Getting into the Gears.
- Order number: HSM1274
- EAN Code: 4026631021487
- Shredder material: Paper, Paper Clip, and Credit/Store Cards
- Cutting type: Cross Cut
- Security level (DIN 66399): P-4 (Old Level 3)
- Security level (DIN 32757-1): 3
- Cutting width: 1/8 in
- Intake width: 10 in
- Container volume: 20 gal
- Cutting capacity: 16 - 18 sheets
- Noise level (idle operation): 64 dB
- Power consumption of the motor: 670 W
- Voltage: 120 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Depth: 13 3/5 in
- Width: 17 3/5 in
- Height: 32 3/5 in
- Weight: 66 lb
- Colour: Light Grey
- Driving power: 0.90 kW
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let’s have a look at HSM’s 125.2, a level 2/3 cross/strip-cut document shredder. Now we make a lot of videos around here at MyBinding about shredders, binders, laminators and all things paper handling. We thought this time we go backwards, just for fun. The classic 125.2 is on rollers so you can roll around your office nice and easy, even on carpet. It shreds at a level 2 or 3 security, depending upon whether it’s strip-cut or a cross-cut. The waste bin on the classic 125.2 is a 20 gallon bin. Pretty big. Fill it with a bag and close the door. Jams are seldom but inevitable with shredding documents. A simple push at the reverse button backs everything out and you can start again. CDs, DVDs and credit cards are okay for the strip-cut model of this machine and in terms of shred capacity, the 125.2 can handle from 16 to 28 sheets of 20-pound paper, again depending upon strip-cut or cross-cut. That about sums it up. That’s the classic 125.2 by HSM. For more demos, reviews and how to’s, check out MyBinding.com.
HSM 125.2cc Level 3 Cross Cut Office Paper Shredder Review
Every size office can benefit from a shared shredder, no matter how small. For a busy, mid-size office, the HSM 125.2cc is a great system. Designed for mobility and high performance, this shredder is easy to use and efficient. Here is a closer look at the strengths and weaknesses of the 125.2cc.
Automated features control just about every aspect of this machine. After being switched on, the motor idles in standby without consuming energy. An electronic controller starts and stops the blades as needed, sensing papers as they pass through. If a paper jam occurs, slide the switch into reverse and the cutting shafts will feed the items back out to you for quick clearing. The automatic stop kicks in when the waste container is full or removed as an added safety measure. All modes are displayed on an LED panel to keep the user aware of the status.
The motor uses a specially adjusted, closed-tooth wheel drive for high performance and longer usage periods. The system keeps dirt out, which slows down wear and increases longevity. Thermal protection of the engine helps to prevent overheating, even during extended use.
The wide 10 inch slot takes in up to 14 sheets at once, including stapled and paperclipped documents as well as credit cards. A separate slot accepts CDs, DVDs, and floppy disks. Items are shred as fast as 26 feet per minute, excellent for a cross cutting device.
The blades tear full size documents into tiny pieces only 1/8" by 1-1/8" in size. These small bits offer a level three security rating. This is perfect for getting rid of old, unwanted documents. Even confidential items stay safe at this level, including bank statements and employee records.
Paper confetti falls into a voluminous 20 gallon bin. A reusable bag sit in the container, which is housed in a pull-out cabinet for easy access for removal and replacement.
This product is covered by a 20 year warranty on the cutters with two years on parts and labor.
The small remnants left by the blades only provide a medium level three security. This is great for most office shredding. But companies with classified materials to destroy will need a high security device, such as this model in a level five or six version.
HSM recommends that their cross cut shredders be oiled regularly, about every time the bag is changed. An automatic oiler would be a nice feature to see on here for this purpose. This is an extra convenience that may not be important to everyone. If it's something you'd prefer, we recommend the MBM Destroyit 2604.
The motor isn't rated for continuous duty. This is somewhat surprising, since the machine itself is designed for a busy office. Some companies may not even notice the cool down periods occurring. However, if your work is stunted by waiting for your shredder to be ready, you might consider a larger model with a more powerful motor.
The HSM 125.2cc is an ideal fit in a busy office with about 5-7 users. Low to medium risk documents stay swiftly secure in the solid steel blades. Automatic features for simple operation provide a convenient device that everyone can use. We think the 125.2cc is an excellent choice for your next office shredder.
You Save: 49%
You Save: 58%
You Save: 58%
You Save: 62%
You Save: 51%