Intimus S14.95 6mm x 50mm Industrial Cross Cut Shredder
- Depending on shredder - cutting speed is 55-60 ft./min.
- Easy to see lights for - power on, paper jam, and bin door open
- Two switches for power - one On/Off with locking key and one with Off and Forward or Reverse function
- Idling sound level approximately 68 dBA
- Bin full warning with auto stop
- Bin door on right side - optional left side retro-fit kit available
- 53 gallon capacity waste bin - optional baler available
- Motor power consumption 10Hp
- 220 Volt/60H, three phase power supply required
- Optional accessories: Feed table expander, Emergency, front stop bar, Waste door hinge kit, Baler
- Continuous duty motor - maintenance free
- Price does not reflect applicable freight or installation charges
- Cutting size paper: 1/4 x 2 inches
- Security level DIN 32757-1: P-3 (Old Level 3)
- Cutting capacity: 130-140 sheets
- Cutting speed: 55 ft./min.
- Working width: 17.5 inches
- DIN paper size: A2
- Catchbasket volume: 53 gallons
- Supply voltage: 400 Volt
- Noise level: 68 db(A)
- Weight net: 977 lbs
- Width: 31 inches
- Depth: 66 inches
- Height: 65 inches
- Part Number: 698924
- UPC Code: 689233989049
- 1 year parts and 90 days labor.
- 3 Years on the cutting cylinders.
Intimus S14.95 6mm x 60mm Industrial Cross Cut Shredder Review
The Intimus S14.95 Industrial Cross Cut Shredder is perfect for industries needing high volume performance with the added security of cross cut particles. Not only is this machine heavy duty, it is also durable and easy to use. The narrow design allows it to fit through standard size doors for easy mobility. Here is a closer look at the S14.95.
- Two switches offer manual control of this machine. The first is a locking master on/off switch. The second is a button with options for Off, Forward, and Reverse. Everything else is controlled automatically. If the shred bag is full or the cabinet door is open, power is cut to the motor until the issue is fixed. A lit display lets the user know if the shredder is on and ready, if there is a paper jam, or if the bin door is open. Finally, an anti-jam feature helps to keep the blades running smoothly. If a jam does occur, switching the control to reverse will cause the cutting shafts to rotate backward and send out the overfed items to the user.
- The robust motor is rated for continuous duty, which is handy when you consistently have high volumes of shredding. It is also designed to be maintenance free and is thermally protected from overheating.
- Flat and crumpled items slide down a conveyor belt system into the 17 inch wide feed opening. A rotating paddle pushes and holds items in the opening for efficient throughput. The cross cutting blades take up to 130 sheets at once, shredding them as fast as 59 feet per minute. Particles only ¼" by 2" inches are left, providing a level 3 security rating. This keeps safe most confidential personal and business information.
- Confetti pieces float down into a spacious 53 gallon waste bag. The cabinet door opens all the way for easy removal and replacement of the shred bag.
- Additional optional items could offer more convenience. For starters, a feed table expander provides extra storage for shredding piles. If you prefer a left opening door rather than a right side opening door, a hinge kit can retro fit the door to open the other way. An emergency front stop bar provides an added safety feature. And an optional baler would further compact waste.
- The pieces created only earn a level 3 security rating. This secures most confidential data. However, businesses with highly classified material to dispose of may be better off with one of Intimus' high security devices.
- This shredder weighs a whopping 1125 pounds. Casters on the bottom, two fixed and two lockable, provide easier mobility, though you will still want to be careful when wheeling it around.
The Intimus S14.95 is more than adequate for the shredding needs of any large business or industry. As you can see from the many strengths listed, this machine is easy to use and convenient. It provides both high capacity as well as security. We think this is an excellent choice for your next industrial shredder.