MBM Triumph 0155 61" Large Format Rotary Paper Trimmer - KU0505
- Suitable for cutting and trimming of blueprints, paper and foils, drawings, plans, photos, posters or similar digital printouts.
- Slotted side brackets for cutting oversized formats.
- Smooth running safety cutting head with self sharpening rotary blade made from special hardened steel.
- Counter blade made of stainless knife steel.
- Automatic clamping system with transparent clamp bar.
- High quality, anodized aluminum cutting table.
- Two measuring scales (cm).
- Robust side brackets made of impact-resistant ABS plastic material.
- Precise cross bar for easy sliding of the safety cutting head.
- Four non-slip rubber feet.
- Color: aluminum gray/white.
- With sturdy metal stand and practical collection tray for trimmings.
- Cutting Width: 61"
- Cutting Height: 1/32"
- Table Depth: 11 1/2"
- Table Height: 34"
- Actual Machine Weight : 80
- Shipping Length : 80
- Shipping Width: 25
- Shipping Height: 13
- Shipping (Web) Weight: 88 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1-year limited Manufacturer's Warranty, excluding wearables
MBM Kutrimmer 155 Rotary Trimmer Review
A large rotary trimmer can be a handy thing to have if your organization regularly works with oversized documents or enormous pieces of paper. One of the largest cutters around is the MBM Kutrimmer 155. Here's everything you need to know about it.
The first thing that distinguishes the 155 from the other rotary trimmers on the market is its remarkable cutting length. This device can be used to trim items that are up to 61 inches long. That makes it perfect for large documents (i.e. maps, blueprints, etc.). It can also be used to trim photographs. You can cut a lot of different paper with this device so long as it's not more than 0.03" thick.
If you'd prefer to use a roll of paper rather than individual sheets, you can attach a roll holder to the 155. The roll holder is sold separately, but it's a good thing to get because it can really help you save time. Plus, it can help you trim rolls of laminating film which can be very handy.
The 155 is safe to use because the blade is housed in a cutting head designed to keep your fingers away from the blade. The blade itself is made out of hardened steel and is self-sharpening so it won't need any maintenance. The counter knife has been honed out of a metal called stainless knife steel for durability.
When you cut your paper, it will stay in place because of this device's paper clamp. Best of all, the clamp is transparent so you can see what you're doing when you cut.
Your work area will be able to stay clean when you use this device because it comes with a paper collection tray. The tray is located right below the cutting area so all of your scraps won't wind up on the floor.
The 155 comes with a stand which is convenient. The stand is made out of metal, making it very durable.
Due to its cutting length and paper tray, the 155 is a big pretty device. It measures 19" (depth) x 68.5" (length) x 37" (height), including the stand. Since it's so large, this trimmer probably isn't the best choice for cramped work areas.
This device weighs almost 90 pounds and it will be difficult to move it because it doesn't have locking casters. You should get some help if you ever need to move it once it's out of the box.
While the MBM Kutrimmer 155 has a lot of great features, it also has a few drawbacks. The lack of casters is disappointing and this device is definitely going to take up a lot of room. The 0.03" cutting height could also be improved. But drawbacks aside, this trimmer might be a good choice if you like the cutting length, safety features, and the integrated paper collection tray. The optional roll holder is nice too. So if the positives outweigh the negatives for you, take a look at the 155 today.
Compare to Similar Paper Cutters
|Model Name||Triumph 0155||Triumph 0105||Triumph 0135|
|Cutting Width||61"||41 1/4"||53"|
|Sheet Capacity||5-6 Sheets|
|Table Size (D x W)||11 1/2" x 34"||11" x 41 1/4"||11 1/2" x 34"|
|Dimensions (D x W x H)||19" x 68 1/2" x 37"||15" x 51" x 38"||19" x 60 1/2" x 37"|