Pro-Bind 1000 Hardcover Binding Starter Kit
- Kit comes with just about everything you need to create your own hardcover books:
- A Pro-Bind 1000 Thermal Binding Machine
- A Pro-Bind Hardcover Crimper
- 50pcs Hardcover Binding Spines Designed for 8.5" x 11" Paper (Available in three different thicknesses (1/8", 1/4", 3/8") and four finishes (black, white, navy and maroon kidskin).
- Can be foil-stamped for an additional fee. If you need more than 50, you can definitely order some.
- Pro-Bind 1000 Specifications:
- Hard Cover & Soft Cover Binding Capabilities
- Simple One-Touch Operation
- Convenient Built-In Cooling Rack
- Energy Saving Mode
- Dimensions: 15.5" W x 8-7/8" D x 4-1/4" H
- Power-Supply: 120V / 60hz
- Binding Throat: 12" x 1-1/4"
- Binding Capacity: 3/4"
- Manufacturer: Pro-Bind
- Yearbook Kit Weight: 40 lbs
- Part Number: Hardcover1000
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- HardBack Book Hard Crimper Specifications:
- Manufacturer: Pro-Bind
- Capacity: 1 book (up to 2" thick)
- Weight: 9 lbs
- Part Number: BIHCCRIMPER
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
This is the Pro-Bind 1000 Thermal Binding Machine!
Now with thermal binding you can create you own custom soft or hardcovers or use plain standard ones.
Now, open your thermal binding cover. Observe the glue strip in the center—you always want your pages within the width of this. You can see it easier on this hardcover. Make sure your pages do not exceed past this width.
But it’s a simple as jogging your pages evenly together and inserting them against the glue strip. Close the book up, jog the pages again, and while holding the pages still insert the spine of your book into the machine.
On the front, push the appropriate button—in this case I am making a soft cover book. It takes about a minute, and the machine will notify you when to remove the book. Jog the pages down again to make sure the pages settle nicely in the glue.
It’s actually important that you place the book in the cooling rack until the glue hardens. This way you know the pages are always secured well.
A nice thing about thermal binding is that you can bind several books at a time, depending on your size of books.
The Pro-Bind 1000 can also bind together hardcover books up to 3\4 inch thick.
Again, jog your pages evenly, align your pages against the glue, then ensure the pages are even when the book is closed.
Insert the book with the spine down and push the “hard cover” button. This takes twice as long as soft covers.
Now, for best results—and it is highly recommended for hardcovers—immediately after taking your book out of the machine, place it into a hard cover crimper until the glue cools.
This way the pages are pressed together evenly and tightly within the covers.
If you are looking for a very professional and well finished look for you books, then customizing a thermal cover may be exactly what you are looking for.
This is the Pro-Bind Hard Cover Crimper!
After completing a hardcover heat cycle in you thermal binding machine, jog the pages down and immediately insert your hard cover into this crimper—of course I’m going to explain why.
As you can see, push on the handle to open the crimper and insert your book.
The crimper is rounded on both ends to create a nice finish on the spine of your book.
You can adjust the back by pulling it out and repositioning it in the other slots.
Now you can crimp up to two inch thick books!
A good portion of hardcovers have three lines of glue. The one in the center holds all your pages in, and the two side ones helps hold the covers together.
If you only had one strip in the center then your binding would open and expose the glued ends, but the side strips help close the spine and support the binding. (The crimper makes sure the book hardens this way).
Here is a finished book, with nicely rounded and crimped ends, and you can see that the glue is hidden and the covers and spine are nicely supported.
Pro-Bind 1000 Binding Starter Kit Review
Making your own hardcover documents is easy when you have the right supplies and equipment. If you’re looking to bind your work, you should consider getting the Pro-Bind 1000 Binding Starter Kit from MyBinding.com. This great packages has everything you need to get started including a thermal binding machine, a good supply of covers, and a crimper. Here’s a detailed look at everything that’s included in this kit so you know what to expect.
- The machine. The Pro-Bind 1000 is a thermal binder that can be used to make both hard- and softcover books. It can binding documents that are up to 3/4” thick, making it perfect for short and medium-length works. This device only needs 3 minutes to fully heat up and once it’s ready to go, it can bind your document in about one minute. The Pro-Bind 1000 has a standby mode so your electric bills won’t be totally outrageous. You’ll find that this machine is really easy to use thanks to its one-touch operation. Also, it comes with a one-year warranty.
- The crimper. If you use the Pro-Bind 1000 to create hardcover documents, you’ll need to crimp the books after you’re done binding them. The Pro-Bind crimper can help you out. This device helps straighten your documents’ spines to ensure the most secure binding possible. Using the crimper is pretty easy. All you to do is place your book in the crimper and let it sit or a minute or so. (Don’t remove the book until it’s completely cooled.) That’s all there is to it.
- The covers. This kit also comes with a bunch of hardback covers you can use to make your documents look great. These covers are meant for use with letter-sized paper (8.5” x 11”) and they come in three different thicknesses: 1/8”, 1/4”, and 3/8”. You can choose from 4 colors (black, navy blue, maroon, white) and the covers can be foil-stamped if you want. (Six foil colors are available: silver, black , gold, blue, red, and white.) If you want to make your covers stand out, you can have your own graphics and text printed on them. Finally, you can order as few as 50 covers or as many as 250. Finally, the great thing about all the items included in this kit is that they’re all of the highest quality. Pro-Bind is a very respected name in the office device world so you can be sure that you’re investing in products that will last for a good long time. The covers are also well-made so your documents can be read over and over again, and they won’t fall apart. The Pro-Bind 1000 Binding Starter Kit is a great package to get if you’re wanting to produce your own hardcover books. This kit has everything you’re going to need, from the customized covers to the thermal binding machine. Plus, this package is reasonably priced so you can get started without wiping out your bank account. Visit MyBinding.com to order this great package today. If you’d like to purchase a Pro-Bind 1000 Binding Starter Kit, you should really visit MyBinding.com. They have this product available at a great price and they also have all the Binding Supplies that you’ll need. Plus, you’ll get free shipping on all orders over $75.00. Check it out for yourself now!