Proton PDS-88 Solid State Media Shredder
11279.00 NewCondition InStock
Proton PDS-88 Solid State Media Shredder
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
Before, companies had to purchase large industrial shredders or disintegrators to destroy multimedia. Now, you can do it right within your office copy room with Proton PDS-88 Solid State Media Shredder. The PDS-88 shreds various media(solid state drives, smart phones, mobile phones, mini-tablets, USB sticks, credit cards and CDs/DVDs) into small particles. Its low profile and quiet operation make it ideal for the office and data center environment. This unit is designed for low to mid volume "point of need" destruction and requires minimal handling of the media. There are no adapters or inserts to deal with. Just plug into a standard outlet, insert your media through the large media flap or the small media chute, and watch as the shredder automatically destroys the material in minutes. Operators are protected by the transparent chute covers to avoid any potential safety hazards. This Proton PDS-88 Solid State Media Shredder has an i-control panel integrated into the face of the shredder that makes destruction very convenient and easy.
- Able to destroy SSD Drives, Smartphones, mobile phones, mini-tablets, credit cards, CDs/DVDs & USB sticks.
- Specially designed cutting cylinders to destroy a variety of media devices.
- Auto-Reverse is enacted to ensure complete destruction of all inserted media.
- Small media destruction chute and larger media destruction flap built in for safe, efficient feeding.
- An easy to use control panel resides on the top of the unit that allows users to push a button for all operations.
- The control panel also indicates the status of the shredder, whether it is running through, standby or in auto-reverse.
- Options: Additional voltages available upon request.
Write Your Own Review
People Who Viewed Also Viewed
Proton PDS 105 HD/SSD Multimedia Shredder
Intimus HDD Gladiator Hard Drive Shredder Call for Quote 1-800-944-4573
Proton T-5 Hard Drive Degausser
- Particle Size: 0.15"W x 0.598"L (3.8 mm x 15.2 mm)
- Feed Opening: 7 in (17.78 cm)
- Cutting Capacity/Hour: 75-80 SSDs (approximately)
500 USB sticks/drives
100 Cell Phones
- Motor: 2.6 HP
- Power: 120 V/60 Hz/20 Amps or 220 V/50 Hz
- Collection Volume: 14 Gallons (53 Liters)
- Dimensions: 37.5" H x 22.6" W x 24"D (95.25 cm x 57.40 cm x 60.96 cm)
- Weight: 260 lbs. (118 kg)
- Manufacturer's Warranty:1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Proton PDS-88 Solid State Destroyer Introduction
Transcript: Hi, this is the PDS-88 Solid State Destroyer. Come on in and take a look at it and I’ll show you how it works. If you’re familiar with destruction of solid-state media and flash-based media, you know that it can be a challenge. Some units that destroy these types of media are huge and can weigh over a thousand pounds. However, you can see that this unit is small, can fit into an office or data center easily, and can be wheeled around since it has its own castors. So operation is really easy. All you do is turn the unit on. And when you feed the media through the door here, this cycle will auto ... Read More
Hi, this is the PDS-88 Solid State Destroyer. Come on in and take a look at it and I’ll show you how it works. If you’re familiar with destruction of solid-state media and flash-based media, you know that it can be a challenge. Some units that destroy these types of media are huge and can weigh over a thousand pounds. However, you can see that this unit is small, can fit into an office or data center easily, and can be wheeled around since it has its own castors. So operation is really easy. All you do is turn the unit on. And when you feed the media through the door here, this cycle will automatically start. You can also feed larger media through this glass door. There’s a forward and reverse switch. And as you can see, it also tells you when the door is open for safety. It will stop the gears from moving. The PDS-88 Solid State Destroyer will take various types of media, including smartphones, USB chips, flash memory cards, solid state drives, and even CDs DVDs. Operation is very easy. You just put the solid state drive or other media into the slot, and it chews it up into small particles. The machine will keep grinding until it reaches the smallest particle possible, i.e. 4mm by 15mm. After the media is destroyed, it falls directly into a bin that’s behind this closed door. It can easily be removed and then disposed. And here are some examples of what the particles look like. Nice and small, no data is going to be recovered from that. Thanks for checking out the PDS-88 Solid State Destroyer. For more information, feel free to check out our website, www.protondata.com.