Sorry, but Rhin-O-Tuff HD4101 EZ-Coil Book Former is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Rhin-O-Tuff HD4101 EZ-Coil Book Former
- 6MM to 50MM Book Capacity.
- 51/2" to 14" Binding edges.
- Makes for EZ insertion of large coils.
- Modular table top that adjusts to any job.
- Use in the Vertical or Horizontal position to suit your large-book jobs.
- Built with Rhin-O-Tuff reliability.
- Use with any Rhin-O-Tuff Coiler.
- Forms all pitches & diameters including Tabs without setup.
- Does not come with crimping pliers
- Warranty: 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Rhin-O-Tuff HD4101 EZ Coil Book Former Review
Color coil binding – also known as spiral binding – is a very popular bookbinding method that’s also easy to do for the most part. Putting together a small document with a color coil isn’t hard but putting together larger documents can be really tough without the right equipment. That’s why Rhin-O-Tuff developed the HD4101 EZ Coil Book Former. This device can help you insert those large coils into your thick documents. Here’s a quick look at this machine’s strengths and weaknesses:
- The HD4101 is a very handy device to have around if you regularly bind both short and long documents. This book former is capable of working with color coils that are 6 to 50 millimeters wide.
- This device helps you shape the spines of your documents to prepare them for coil insertion. It curves the spine so your bookbinding project will be much easier.
- The HD4101 works with all pitches and can also work with tabs. No other special equipment is required which is convenient.
- You can use this device either horizontally or vertically. Just pick the orientation that’s right for you. This is very helpful when you’re binding documents of different sizes (i.e. letter-size, legal-size, etc.). The HD4101 can handle binding edges ranging from 5.5” to 14” long so it’s pretty versatile.
- If you don’t have a lot of room in your workspace, this book former is a good choice. It has reasonably compact dimensions of 5” (height) x 16” (width) x 13” (depth) so making space for it shouldn’t be too difficult. The device is lightweight as well since it only weighs 7 pounds.
- Rhin-O-Tuff makes some of the best, most durable modular binding equipment on the market. The HD4101 is well-designed and is very solidly built. You’ll be able to get a lot of use out of this device over the years.
- The HD4101 only shapes your documents. It won’t insert the coils into them. You’ll need separate equipment for that. (It’s compatible with other Rhin-O-Tuff color coil binding equipment.) Or, if you prefer, you can insert the coils manually.
- If you want an electric book former, you’ll be disappointed with this device. It needs to be operated by hand.
- This machine’s limited warranty only lasts for a year. Luckily, the durable construction more than makes up for it.
Overall, the Rhin-O-Tuff HD4101 EZ Coil Book Former is a pretty helpful device and it’s a great thing to have if you do a lot of color coil binding. It really makes binding long documents easier and it can handle many different paper sizes. It’s great that this machine can work with coils that are up to 50 millimeters wide and that you can work with it either horizontally or vertically. This device is also really well-constructed so you can feel like you’re getting your money’s worth out of it. Just keep in mind that you will need a binding punch and coil inserter to complete the bookbinding process. (It works well with other Rhin-O-Tuff equipment.) Take a look at the HD4101 EZ Coil Book Former if color coil binding is your thing.