Rhin-O-Tuff Onyx HD7500H 24" Open-Ended Horizontal Electric Punch
- Automatic and Manual Reverse feature to reduce jamming in the punch
- Rated up to 40 sheets or up to 80 Pages of 20 pound (80 gsm). The number of sheets depends on the paper weight and punch pattern used.
- Rate of 25 cycles per minute
- Auto and manual reverse clears most punching jams
- Quick Change Die System with easy disengageable pins
- 20 interchangeable dies available with 12 standard hole patterns (Each die is priced and sold separately)
- Built-in die storage, store up to two 24 inch dies behind the machine
- Accu-Set adjustments on odd size paper
- Efficient work environment with a standard foot pedal and optional versa switch
- Extreme high capacity Waste Chip Tray with Clear View Access
- Heavyweight metal construction
- Capable to attach additional Modules on top
- Made in the USA with more than 98% recyclable materials
- Model: Hd7500H ONYX
- Available Die Sets: More than 20 Interchangeable Dies with 12 Standard Hole Patterns
- Punch Capacity Up to 40 Sheets or 80 Pages of 20 lb paper
- Punch Length: 24" Open Ended Extra Capacity Die
- Fully Disengageable Pins:Yes
- Weight: 150 lbs
- Machine Dimensions: 17" x 32" x 20" (H x W x D)
- Warranty: Three Year Manufacturer Warranty
Rhin-O-Tuff HD7500 Punch Review
When it comes to binding punches, Rhin-O-Tuff makes some of the best ones money can buy. If your workplace is in need of a punch that can withstand heavy use and produce different hole patterns, one device to check out is the company’s HD7500. Here’s what is great about it – and what should be improved. (Don’t worry – the great things way outnumber the things that could be improved.)
- The HD7500 has a 24-inch punching length so you’ll be able to work with paper of varying sizes. Letter- and legal-sized documents can definitely be processed by this machine, as can larger items such as blueprints, calendars, and more.
- This machine utilizes interchangeable die sets. These sets can produce hole patterns for a number of different binding methods including wire, Velobind, plastic comb, and more. One set comes with the device (the rest are sold separately) and changing them out is easy. That’s because the HD7500 is equipped with a quick change system that makes it possible to change the sets in less than one minute, no tools required. It couldn’t be easier.
- All of the dies in each set are disengageable so you can get the right hole pattern for whatever it is you’re working on.
- The HD7500 has two motors so it’s powerful and quick. It can complete up to 90 punching cycles in just one minute. The punching capacity varies a bit depending on which die set you’re using, but the maximum number of sheets it can punch per lift is 40. It’s possible to punch as many as 18,000 sheets per hour with this device.
- If you’re interesting in wire binding, you’ll be pleased to know that this machine can be paired up with the Rhin-O-Tuff HC2041 twin-loop wire closer. Putting these two machines together will give you a complete binding system.
- If you’re in a shared workspace, you can use the HD7500 and not disturb your colleagues. It operates so quietly those around you won’t be distracted.
- Although this is a very well-built machine that contains metal parts, it still comes with a great one-year warranty just in case the unexpected occurs. You should be able to subject this device to heavy use without anything bad happening.
What could be improved:
- When you use the HD7500, you’re punching the paper horizontally. While this is more convenient when working with especially long documents, it does mean there’s a greater chance that the paper will be incorrectly punched. That’s because a vertical punching mechanism has gravity working with it to ensure all the pages are flushed when they’re processed.
- This machine is huge and not at all flashy. It wouldn’t be a good choice for small work areas or offices that desire eye-catching machines.
Overall, the Rhin-O-Tuff HD7500 is one of the fastest, most powerful punches you can buy. It’s perfect if you need a punch for different binding methods as well as large documents. Although its looks could be improved and a vertical punching mechanism would be nice, this machine is definitely worth your consideration if you need a binding punch.