Royal Sovereign RSL-2702S Table Top 27 Inch Roll Laminator
- Laminates thermal and pressure sensitive films up to 27' wide at speeds up to 8.2' (2.5m) per minute
- Auto Off and Standby modes
- Document guides for straight feeding of material
- Rear cross cutter for removing laminated documents
- Digital speed and temperature controls
- High quality silicone rubber rollers
- Independent upper and lower roller temperature controls
- Nine programmable memory presets
- Dust cover
- Maximum Laminating Width: 27"
- Film Thickness: 1mil - 5mil
- Max Laminating Speed: 8.2ft/min.
- Speed Control: 9 Settings
- Transport Type: 4 Rollers
- Heating Type (2 Rollers): Hot Rollers
- Pull Rollers: 2 Rollers
- Ready Time: 10 minutes
- Film Core Size: 2.25" & 3"
- Reverse: Yes
- Cold Lamination: Yes
- Hot Lamination: Yes
- Encapsulation: Yes
- Single-Sided Lamination: Yes
- Memory Settings: Yes
- De-Curl Device: Yes
- Safety System: Safety Cover
- Maximum Temperature: 302° F
- Maximum Film Diameter: 7.8"
- Maximum Mounting Thickness: .24"
- Rear Cross Cutter: Yes
- Drive Motor: DC Geared
- Voltage: 120V / 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 1500W
- Unit Weight: 154 lbs.
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 38" x 22" x 19"
- Carton Weight: 176 lbs.
- Carton Dimensions (WxDxH): 45" x 24" x 24"
- Warranty: 1 Year Warranty on Parts and Labor
Royal Sovereign RSL-2702 Roll Laminator Review
Have you been searching high and low for a versatile roll laminator that can easily fit on top of a table and also process wide-format documents? If so, you'll want to consider the Royal Sovereign RSL-2702, a device that has just about everything you could want in a roll laminator. Let's take a look at this product and see what kind of grade it gets.
If you've ever wanted a wide-format laminator, the RSL-2702 would be a great choice. It has an enormous 27-inch laminating width that's perfect for graphics, visual aids, posters, and more.
The RSL-2702 is also pretty speedy, at least when it comes to actually laminating. It can laminate over 8 feet of material in just 60 seconds, so you can be sure that it won't take you long to process your work. However, the warm-up time is a bit lengthy, clocking in at 10 minutes.
This machine is compatible with film that's up to 10 mil thick. You can use rolls with cores that are either 2.25" or 3" across. The maximum roll diameter compatible with the RSL-2702 is 7.9". You can even use mounting boards with this device so you'll be able to create professional-looking signs and other visual aids/displays. The boards can be a thick as 3/16".
If you want the best of both worlds - i.e. both hot and cold lamination - then the RSL-2702 is ideal. It can use pressure-sensitive film to laminate documents that could be damaged by heat (including photographs), but it also can get hot enough to process thermal film. It can run at a maximum temperature of 302 degrees Fahrenheit. You can program 9 different temperature settings to make your work much easier.
You can expect great results from this machine because it's outfitted with four rollers to make everything go as smoothly as possible. Your documents will look flawless, like they've been processed by a professional.
Using this laminator is pretty easy. There's a digital touchpad on the front of the machine that you use to control it and an LCD display lets you know what the device is doing.
The RSL-2702 is equipped with an automatic shut-off feature that will help the motor stay in fine form. When the machine is done laminating, the rollers will be cooled off by a built-in system to ensure they'll remain in good shape.
This machine was designed to be a tabletop device. It has dimensions of 38" (width) x 21.5" (depth) x 18.5" (height), so finding the right spot for it should be really easy.
Finally, the rollers have a 6-month warranty. The rest of the unit is covered for one entire year.
Final grade: A. The Royal Sovereign RSL-2702 is a great roll laminator that is perfect for a variety of needs. Not many of these types of devices can successfully combine a great laminating width, hot and cold settings, and a relatively compact footprint. If that's what you've been looking for, the RSL-2702 is definitely the machine you want to get.