- Model NameModelLamination ThicknessLaminating WidthWarm Up TimeLamination SpeedReverse FunctionHeating MethodTemperature RangeDimensionsPower ConsumptionWarranty
- TCC600010mil13" (330mm)5 minutes38" / min.Yes6 RollersAdjustable Temperature25" x 14" x 9"1000W1 Year
- TCC16010mil6"5 minutes26" / min.Yes4 Rollers77 F - 320 F (25 C - 160 C)15" x 12" x 8"300W1 Year
- TCC23010mil9"5 minutes26" / min.Yes4 Rollers77 F - 320 F (25 C - 160 C)19" x 12" x 8"380W1 Year
- TCC33010mil13"5 minutes26" / min.Yes4 Rollers77 F - 320 F (25 C - 160 C)22" x 12" x 8"470W90 Day
- SM33010mil13"6 minutes14" / min.Yes4 Rollers77 F - 320 F (25 C - 160 C)23" x 10" x 7"300W90 Day
Tamerica / Tashin SM330 13" Pouch Laminator
- Maintenance-free, compact design.
- Rugged components and high-impact plastic body.
- Adjustable temperature control and smooth, quite motor.
- 3-position switch for heater and enhanced motor-drive, with ready light.
- Synchronous Motor.
- Will laminate materials from 3mil to 10mil.
- Fixed laminating speed of 13' per minute.
- Reverse function for clearing potential pouch jams.
- Heated rollers.
- Adjustable Temperature.
- Laminates up to 14"/min.
- 4 Rollers.
- 6-min. warm up time.
- Reverse / Anti-jam Mechanism.
- For Light to Moderate Use.
- 90 Day Warranty.
- Lamination Thickness: 10mil
- Laminating Width: 13"
- Warm Up Time: 6 minutes
- Lamination Speed: 14" / min.
- Reverse Function: Yes
- Heating Method: 4 Rollers
- Temperature Range: 77 F - 320 F (25 C - 160 C)
- Dimensions: 23" x 10" x 7"
- Power Consumption: 300W
- Warranty: 90 Day
All the controls are on the right hand side, the power switch as well as the temperature dial. The handy chart on the top of the machine will help you choose the best thickness of pouch for your project. And this machine can handle from 3 to 10mil in pouch thickness. Once you've chosen your pouch, open it up and slide your materials inside. Make sure there's a good, even margin and the crea ... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding video. This video looks at the SM330, a 13-inch pouch laminator by Tamerica Tashin. Simple and effective, the SM330 is a great little laminator. Let's watch it in action step-by-step.
All the controls are on the right hand side, the power switch as well as the temperature dial. The handy chart on the top of the machine will help you choose the best thickness of pouch for your project. And this machine can handle from 3 to 10mil in pouch thickness. Once you've chosen your pouch, open it up and slide your materials inside. Make sure there's a good, even margin and the crease end goes in first. With all laminators, it is wisest to use a carrier, though not always necessary. The same thing with the carrier; place it in crease side first into the throat of the machine and let the laminator take it from there. The actual speed of this machine is up to 13 feet per minute. Remove your project when it's completely done, open the carrier, and lay it flat on a surface to cool. Because of the versatility of this machine, you can do cards, credit cards, photos, different size things, as well as different levels of security with the thickness you need. Be sure always to let things cool properly. Another advantage of the SM330 is its large throat opening of 13 inches, allowing you to use oversize laminating pouches, which can enable you to laminate posters or double or multiple projects at once. Be sure to make your adjustments with the temperature dial. And with a project this wide, you will not be able to use a carrier. Just run it through, crease side first, by itself. If you should have a jam, or need to start again or reposition, simply press the reverse button on the top. The motors will go in reverse and back your project out. With a pair of scissors or a paper trimmer, trim the edges so everything looks great. There it is. That's the Tamerica Tashin SM330. For more demos, reviews, and how to's on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Tamerica Tashin SM-330 Pouch Laminator Review
- The Tamerica Tashin SM-330 pouch laminator is designed to allow small and medium sized businesses to laminate documents as small as a credit card and as large as a menu.
- This machine is ideal for laminating photos, signs, posters, luggage tags, name badges and sales materials.
- The SM-330 includes a number of features not commonly found on similarly priced laminators. This review will take a look at the strengths, features, weaknesses and limitations of the SM330 pouch laminator.
- One feature that helps to set the SM-330 apart from other pouch laminators is the fact that the rollers on this machine are operated independently from the main power control. On most pouch laminators the rollers start moving the moment that you turn the laminator on. With the SM-330 you can wait until the laminator is ready before engaging the rollers. This can help to lengthen the life of the laminator by reducing wear on the motor and gears inside the machine.
- The SM-330 is capable of laminating documents with 3mil, 5mil, 7mil and 10mil laminating pouches. You can run pouches through the machine with or without a pouch carrier. Many other laminators either require a carrier or require carrier free lamination.
- This laminator has a throat that is approximately 13 inches wide. This means that the SM-330 is capable of laminating documents with pouches as large as 12" x 18". However, you can also use this machine for laminating items with small credit card sized and business card sized pouches.
- The SM-330 has a fully variable speed control that allows users to adjust the temperature of the laminator to troubleshoot problems with the laminated output. You can turn the heat up if the laminate is cloudy and you can turn the heat down if the items are wavy.
- The SM-330 has a small chart on the top of the machine that shows you the correct settings for laminating items with different thicknesses of laminating pouches. You will notice that the chart does not show a setting for laminating documents with 10mil laminating pouches using a carrier. This means that if you want to run 10mil laminating pouches through your machine you cannot use a carrier. This is a potential problem since 10mil pouches are notorious for depositing adhesive on the rollers of laminating machines if they are run without carriers. If you do run 10mil pouches without a carrier you should be sure to run a cleaning sheet through your laminator on a regular basis to help keep the rollers on your machine clean.
- The SM-330 operates at a fixed speed of approximately 13 inches per minute. This is fairly normal for a laminator in this price range. However, for organizations that laminate large numbers of documents a faster laminator might be helpful.
- The top of the SM-330 becomes quite hot during lamination. There is a warning label on the machine to help remind you but it is still quite easy to burn your hand on the top of this machine. For this reason it is not an excellent choice for use around small children and users should be trained in using the laminator before operating the SM-330.
- The Tamerica Tashin SM-330 laminator is an excellent choice for users who are looking for a full featured laminator that can handle small and large documents with thin or thick laminating pouches.
- It has several features that set it apart from other similar laminating machines on the market.
- However, the slow speed of the SM-330 and the fact that the top of this machine gets extremely hot during lamination may cause some users to consider another more expensive machine with similar features.