Sorry, but Triumph 4850 EP Automatic Programmable Cutter is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Triumph 4850 EP Automatic Programmable Cutter
- High storage capacity, programmable EP back gauge control module with 10 button keypad and LED display stores 99 programs (up to 99 steps each) and frequently used measurements
- Up to 9 repeat cuts can be integrated into a program in a single step
- Digital measurement readout in cm or inches (accurate to 1/10 mm or 1/100 inch)
- Control module features repeat cut and eject functions
- "Set" function key for reference measurement
- Self-diagnostic system with error indication on display
- Eletric blade, clamp, and back gauge drive
- Solingen steel blade
- Solid steel blade carrier and adjustable blade guides
- Automatic clamp is guided on both sides to apply even pressure along entire cutting width (can be lowered or raised independently from blade)
- Dual side guides on front and rear tables
- Spindle-guided back gauge with narrow separations and plastic gliders
- Electronic hand wheel with variable speed control for manual back gauge setting
- Bright, LED optical cutting line
- All-metal construction
- Stand with storage shelf
- UL and C UL approved
- Cutting width: 18 7/8"
- Cutting height: 3"
- Narrow cut: 1 3/8"
- Cutting length behind blade: 17 11/16"
- Table length in front of blade: 13 5/8"
- Motor: 2 hp
- Power supply: 115 V, 60 Hz
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 38 1/4" x 29 3/4" x 48 1/2"
- Weight: 556 lbs.
MBM Triumph 4850EP Automatic Programmable Paper Cutter Review
MBM has an excellent reputation when it comes to office products. Though their Triumph 4850EP is actually produced by their parent company, IDEAL, you will find the same high quality craftsmanship that MBM is known for. This programmable paper cutter is automatically manipulated for exact cuts, every time. It is also full of safety features to keep operation injury free. Here is a closer look.
- MBM’s Safety Cutting System is designed to aid in the prevention of injury during operation. It includes features such as transparent shields on both sides of the blade, automatic clamp return, and disk brakes for immediate cutting cessation. The cutting sticks, blade, and depth can all be adjusted without removing the machine’s covers, never exposing the sharp edge. These along with two-handed operation ensure that your office stays injury-free while using this machine.
- The biggest strength of this device is the programming available. An LED display with a 10-digit keypad stores as many as 99 programs and frequently used settings. Each job can have up to nine repeat cut. The panel also has an eject function for when the job is done. A self-diagnostic system alerts the user to any errors that may occur. It also provides a “set” function key for measurement reference. Lastly, an electronic hand wheel allows variable speed control.
- The digital display shows the exact position of the back end gauge. This, along with the optical cutting line, helps to ensure you achieve the perfect cut every time. The back gauge is controlled by a front spindle with narrow separations and plastic guiders. Dual side guides on both the rear and front tables ensure straight feeding of the paper.
- Materials are sliced cleanly through by a solid Solingen steel blade. Solid steel blade carriers and adjustable blade guides as well as all-metal construction add to the sturdiness of this cutter. This heavy duty device is likely to last well past the one year warranty.
- The blade can slice through a height of three inches, allowing you to cut through a ream of paper with room to spare. The cutter handles materials almost 19 inches wide. Behind the blade is about 18 inches of space with 13.5 inches in front for excess material. Slices can be as narrow as 1.25 inches.
- The clamp may leave an indentation on the first few pages being cut. Often this can be fixed by adjusting the pressure and doesn’t usually present a big issue. For a truly professional look every time with mark-free results, we suggest a hydraulic machine, such as the 5550EP.
- As with any large machinery, this is a heavy piece of equipment. It weighs about 556 pounds and doesn’t have casters for ease of mobility. Make sure you have room for this size of a cutter before you buy; it most likely won’t work well in smaller offices.
Clearly evidenced by the many strengths, the Triumph 4850EP is more than capable of handling the trimming needs of any bustling print shop or copy shop. In fact, any business cutting large quantities of paper on a regular basis would benefit from the addition of this machine to their office. With a plethora of safety and automated features, this device offers convenience and efficiency while being safe to operate. We think the 4850EP is an excellent choice for your next heavy duty paper cutter.