Sorry, but Triumph 5550EP Electric Programmable Paper Cutter is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Triumph 5550EP Electric Programmable Paper Cutter
- Cutting Width: 21 5/8"
- Cutting Height : 3 5/8"
- Narrow Cut : 1 1/4"
- Cutting Length Behind Blade: 22 7/16 "
- Table Length in Front of Blade: 18"
- Motor: 2 hp
- Power Supply: 115 V, 60 Hz
- Dimensions: 55" x 37 7/8" x 54" (59 7/8" W w/side tables)
- Shipping Weight: 970 lbs. (1,007 w/side tables)
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
MBM Triumph 5550EP Programmable Hydraulic Paper Cutter Review
For professional cutting, businesses often turn to MBM for a high quality paper cutter. Their Triumph 5550EP Programmable Hydraulic Paper Cutter offers quick, precise cuts every time. It’s capable of processing massive amounts of paper on a regular basis while still offering safe and reliable operation. Here is a closer look at the details.
- As with all Triumph cutters, the Safety Cutting System is standard on here. Between transparent shields and adjustments made without removing the machine’s covers, the sharp blade is almost never exposed. The blade and clamp automatically return from any position and a disk brake is used for instant blade stop. These are just a few of the features in place that help ensure injury-free operation of this device.
- This machine has a high memory capacity for programming. As many as 99 frequently used settings can be saved to memory, with each having up to nine repeat cuts. An LED display with a 10-key pad provides access to the stored measurements. A self-diagnostic system displays error indicators on the screen as they arise.
- The hydraulic blade and adjustable hydraulic clamp drive help guarantee accurate cutting. The clamp pressure is applied evenly along the knife and is completely variable between 1900 and 3800 psi. A false clamp cushions the materials while a foot pedal offers preclamping. The hydraulics provide mark free cutting of specialty stocks, whether there is one page being processed or a full ream of paper.
- The blade is made from solid HSS Solingen steel. The machine also comes with a solid steel blade carrier and adjustable blade guides. These features as well as all metal construction come together to provide a heavy duty cutter that will likely last beyond the one year warranty.
- That steel blade is able to easily slice through a stack of paper 3-5/8″ thick. Materials can be almost 19 inches wide and still be precisely cut. Narrow strips can be 1.25 inches, although with the false clamp that increases to 2-3/8″ wide. Behind the blade is 22-7/16″ of workspace with 18″ in front (14.5″ with the guard on). Optional extension tables provide an even broader working width.
- As you might imagine, this is a very heavy machine. However, it sits on a storage cabinet mounted on casters so it can be rolled around. We don’t think this will be a problem for most users.
- Besides being heavy, it has broad dimensions. If you have a smaller office, this machine may overcrowd you. With measurements of 55″ x 37-7/8″ x 54″, you should be sure it can fit in your workspace before you buy.
- And when you do go to purchase, be aware this machine starts around $12,000. We recommend adding it to your budget now if you think you’ll need it in the coming year.
Overall, the Triumph 5550EP is an excellent paper cutter. It would work well in a busy paper plant, quick-print, or copy shop. Wherever large quantities of paper need to be cut, this machine is perfect. Check it out today to see if the 5550EP might be right for your office.