Sorry, but Xyron Personal Cutting System - 23412 is no longer available to buy.
We think you might like one of these instead:
Xyron Personal Cutting System - 23412
- Portable and easy to use
- Cuts shapes, fonts and images in 3 sizes
- Includes a basic font and basic shape book
- Additional Fonts and Shapes available for purchase
- Product Number: 23412
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
The Xyron Personal Cutting System is the easiest to use electronic cutting system available today. Weighing in at just 5 pounds, the Xyron Personal Cutting System brings a whole new level of portability to die cutting. The compact size makes it easy to use anywhere too – at home, or on the road at parks, church or a fun site.
A true cutting p ... Read More
Xyron Personal Cutting System Review
There are a lot of scrapbooking products available, from the books themselves to stickers, appliques, and other supplies. One device that could potentially make this particular craft more enjoyable is the Xyron Personal Cutting system, a die cutter that creates shapes for use in all kinds of paper crafts and other creative projects. Here are the strengths and weaknesses of this machine.
- The Personal Cutting System is a computerized die cutter than can cut out designs and letters for use in a variety of different crafts, such as scrapbooks and greeting cards.
- There are literally hundreds of designs and fonts you can cut with this machine. They can be found in Xyron design books that work with the machine in much the same way a diskette would work with a PC. The machine itself comes with two books to get you started and after that, you can purchase the additional books if you want. Some of the books have specialized designs that would be great for using on holiday cards or creating vacation photo albums.
- You can use both thin and thick paper with this device. You can even use 80 lb. cardstock if you need to make something sturdy. Just make sure the paper measures 4″ x 4″ before placing it in the paper tray. You can make small, medium, and large cut-outs with your paper, with the largest ones being slightly smaller than the above dimensions.
- This device was designed to be portable so you can use it while crafting with a group of friends. Xyron has even put out a specialized tote bag for this product that is sold separately.
- This cutting tool comes with a one-year warranty.
- One of the first things you will likely notice about this machine is that is pink, as is the carrying bag that is sold separately. While some users won’t mind – or will actually like – the color, other potential users might not be so enamored of it. For example, because of the color, it’s difficult to see this product appealing to boys and men.
- Although this machine comes with two design books, if you really want a variety of shapes and fonts, you’ll need to purchase additional books. The books cost approximately $19.99 each so if you want a lot of design options, it will cost you a lot of money, unfortunately.
- This device is pretty well-constructed, but you should be aware that if you use your machine a lot – and especially if you cut a lot of thicker papers – the blade will need to be replaced.
- This machine doesn’t have the capability of letting you design your own die cut shapes. Although the design books have a lot of different designs to offer, you might feel somewhat hampered by the selection, especially if you’re really creative.
- The price of this device could be a pro or con depending on your budget and if the machine is right for you. It retails for $89.99. As mentioned before, additional design books will cost extra.
Overall, the Xyron Personal Cutting System is a bit of a mixed bag. While it’s great that there are so many design books available, they’re a bit pricey, and plus, you can’t create your own designs. The device is easy to use and it’s nice that it’s so portable, but again, the color might turn off some potential users. In the end, this device would be good for die-hard crafters (especially scrapbookers) who can live with the color and limitations of this cutting system.