- Full Length Roller with Adjustable Roller Mechanism: 11-3/8" EPDM roller provides high friction and durability (Foot-pedal operated). Adjustable bottom roller makes it easy to insert coils of different sizes, even the extra-large ones.
- Built-in Electric Coil Crimpers: Provides consistent & perfect crimps on all coil sizes up to 50mm with a simple press of foot-pedal. Avoid using cumbersome manual crimpers while saving your time and wrist fatigue. Foot pedal operated.
- Syncronized Roller/Crimper Adjustment: Makes it easy to set the correct roller position & crimper angle on the machine for different coil sizes.
- Adjustable Crimper Head Mechanism: For perfect crimp result in all coil sizes, without the expense & hassle to purchase/install different crimper heads.
- Foot Pedal Operation: Allows the free use of both hands and grants the operator complete control while inserting or crimping the coil. Manual Operation Mode Switch allows the operator to choose between "Insert" and "Crimp" action when foot pedal is pressed.
- Automatic Mode Selection Sensor: With this innovative feature, operator can set the machine on AUTO mode, which automatically switches foot-pedal operation between "Insert" and "Crimp" by its built-in sensor.
- Built-in Coil Diameter Scale: Helps to verify the coil diameter size.
- Built-in Coil Diameter Selector: To best select the correct coil diameter size corresponding to the thickness of your document.
- Built-in Pitch identifier: Verifies that the coil pitch matches that of the punched document.
- Built-in U-shaped Alignment Channel: Aides in conforming the spine of larger diameter documents to the coil's shape, for a faster and easier insertion.
- Electric Crimping
- Electric inserting
- Model: Finish-@-Coil E1
- Inserting: Electric
- Crimping: Electric
- Motor: Heavy Duty
- Inserting Roller: Full Size 11-3/8" EPDM Roller
- Binding Capacity: Up to 50mm
- Adjustable Roller: Yes
- Crimping Pliers: Not Included
- Machine Dimensions: 14.5" L x 10.5" W x 5.75" H
- Carton Dimensions: 17" L x 14" W x 10" H
- Weight & Volume: 18 Lbs & 1.37 Cbft
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Reviewed on 2/28/2016
We really hated using those coil pliers to finish our books. Now that we have this machine we can spin the coils on the edge of our reports with the roller and then use the auto crimper to cut and bend over the end of the coil. It works really well once you get it set up but took us awhile to get just right. Wouldn't really want to have to change it for different sized coils all the time. Works for our application though.
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is the Finish @ Coil E1, an electric coil inserter and crimper by Akiles. Certainly the most time-consuming part of coil binding is the inserting and crimping. The Finish @ Coil E1 makes that much simpler. Plenty of tools on the top help you decide which size coil is the best, and a pitch guide on the front of the machine helps you choose the correct pitch. Once you’ve started the coil onto the spine, the E1 is great for a multiple book run. The dial at the bottom adjusts the second roller for larger or smaller documents. One foot pedal controls both the inserter and the crimper. You select here at the top of the machine for which one you want. Depress the pedal and on it goes. Now that’s easy. And even easier is the crimping. Switch the switch at the top again, align your side margin controls, and once you’ve got it in place, it’s set for both sides in your entire run. Make sure it’s all the way up inside there, press the button, both sides, and you’re all set. There it is. Easy inserting and crimping with the Finish @ Coil E1 by Akiles. For more demos, reviews and how-tos, check out MyBinding.com.
Akiles Finish – A – Coil E1 Electric Coil Inserter Review
The last step in putting together a document bound with coil is inserting the spine into your document. It’s possible to insert these by hand, but it takes much less time if you have the right machine. One machine that can you lend you a hand is the Akiles Finish-A-Coil E1. Let’s check out the strengths and weaknesses of this device.
- The Finish-A-Coil can bind documents with coils that are up to 50 mm in diameter. The 50 mm ones are the largest supplies on the market and can bind a book containing as many as 440 pages. The smallest coil has a diameter of 6 mm and can bind 30 sheets together, so you’ll be able to bind documents of all sizes.
- This machine features a full-length EDPM roller. The roller is 11-3/8″ long and is operated by foot pedal which allows you to keep your hands free. You can adjust the settings to get the right one for the particular coil you’re using for your document. Plus, this roller is durable and is built to last. Both the roller and crimper (more on that in a moment) can be adjusted at the same time so you can keep things moving.
- The Finish-A-Coil has crimpers built right into it. It will crimp any coil so long as it’s 50 mm wide or less. Like the roller, this feature is operated by the foot pedal. And best of all, you won’t need to wrestle with manual crimpers, so you’ll save yourself some time and frustration.
- Selecting the right spine for your book won’t be very hard because the Finish-A-Coil has feature that allows you to measure the book’s thickness. When you have this number, you can then pick out your coil and bind your book.
- One of the most innovative features this machine has to offer is its automatic mode selector. To use this feature, you can just set that machine on “Auto” and it will then either insert a coil or crimp one based on what its built-in sensor tells it to do. It makes using this machine incredibly easy.
- This machine won’t take up too much room even if space is limited in your work environment. It has measurements of 14.5″ (length) x 10.5″ (width) x 5.75″ (height) and it only weighs 18 pounds.
- The Finish-A-Coil has a one-year warranty so your purchase will be protected if you experience any trouble with it.
- The Finish-A-Coil isn’t capable of punching your documents, so you’ll need to have a punch handy. Pre-punched paper would also be a good choice because half the work would already be done for you.
- Plastic combs and wire spines cannot be used with this machine. They require completely different equipment.
Although the Akiles Finish-A-Coil has a couple of drawbacks, overall this is definitely the machine to use when you need to bind your documents with coils. Get this great machine for your office today so you can take advantage of its great features.
You Save: 45%
You Save: 38%