- Model NameModelPunching OperationAvailable Die SetsPunching LengthFully Disengageable PinsAdjustable Depth MarginPunching CapacitySide Margins ControlPunching Margin ControlMachine DimensionsDie Set DimensionsMachine Weight & VolumeDie Set Weight & VolumeWarranty
- Akiles FlexiPunch-MManualPlastic Comb Binding (19 hole rectangular), 2:1 Pitch Wire (square holes), 3:1 Pitch Wire (square holes), 4:1 Pitch Coil (0.2475 Pitch Round Holes)12" with open ends for longer sheetsYes (On all die sets)Yes (4-step adjustment)Up to 25 sheets of 20 lbs paperIncludedIncluded14.75" L x 20.5" W x 21.25" H16.5" L x 4.75" W x 6.75" H24 Lbs & 2.91 Cbft18 Lbs & 0.76 Cbft1 Year
- Akiles VersaMac PlusElectric14 Interchangeable Die Sets (Compatible with VersaMac and VersaMac+)14" with open ends for longer sheetsYes (on all die sets)Yes (4-step adjustment)500+ Sheets / MinIncludedIncluded43" L x 21.5" H x 26" DN/A234 lbs & 18.3 CbFtN/A3 Year
- Akiles FlexiPunch-EElectricPlastic Comb Binding (19 hole rectangular), 2:1 Pitch Wire (square holes), 3:1 Pitch Wire (square holes), 4:1 Pitch Coil (0.2475 Pitch Round Holes)12" with open ends for longer sheetsYes (on all die sets)Yes (4-step adjustment)Up to 20 sheets of 20 lbs paperIncludedIncluded17.25" L x 16" W x 9.25" H16.5" L x 4.75" W x 6.75" H51 Lbs & 2.91 Cbft18 Lbs & 0.76 Cbft1 Year
- Akiles VersaMacElectric3 Hole - 55 Sheets; Velobind - 55 Sheets, 4:1 Coil (Oval / Round) - 35 Sheets, 3:1 Wire (Square) - 35 Sheets, 2:1 Wire (Rectangular) - 35 Sheets, Comb Binding (Rectangular) - 35 Sheets14" with open ends for longer sheetsYes (on all die sets)YesUp to 55 sheets of 20lb paperIncludedIncluded10.5" H x 18" L x 20.5" WN/A110 lbsN/A1 Year
Akiles FlexiPunch-E Electric Modular Interchangeable Die Binding Punch
- High Volume Punching Capacity: The heavy duty electric punching mechanism can handle up to twenty sheets of 20lb paper per cycle. Plus, the FlexiPunch-E offers a foot pedal control that allows for two handed punching.
- Heavy-Duty Punching Motor: The FlexiPunch-E offers a heavy duty commercial quality electric punching motor that provides more than enough punch power for all die sets and punching patterns.
- Interchangeable Die Sets: You can easily change from one punching pattern to another. No tools are required and it only takes seconds to switch patterns.
- Fully Disengageable Punching Pins: Allows punching of all paper sizes without partially punched holes at either end.
- Four Available Punching Patterns: Punching patterns are available for comb punching (rectangular holes), 2:1 pitch twin loop wire binding (square holes), 3:1 pitch twin loop wire binding (square holes) and 4:1 Pitch (0.2475") Round Hole Coil Binding.
- Adjustable Depth of Punch Margin Control: Available for all four punching dies, this feature allows you to adjust the distance of the punched holes from the edge of your document.
- Twelve Inch Punching Length: The 12" punching length of this document enables easy punching of both letter size or A4 sized documents. You can even punch larger sheet sizes utilizing the open throat design of this machine..
- Anti-Jam (Reverse) Feature: When sheet overload is detected or a paper jam occurs, the FlexiPunch-E automatically stops the punching cycle and retracts the punching pins. This will help you to avoid downtime.
- Heavy-Duty All Metal Construction: The FlexiPunch-E features a heavy-duty all metal construction, including heavy cast side plates and non-skid feet.
- Weight: 51 Lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Model: FlexiPunch-E
- Available Die Sets: Plastic Comb Binding (19 hole rectangular), 2:1 Pitch Wire (square holes), 3:1 Pitch Wire (square holes), 4:1 Pitch Coil (0.2475 Pitch Round Holes)
- Operation: Electric Punch with Foot Pedal Control
- Punch Capacity: Up to 20 sheets of 20 lbs paper
- Punch Length: Twelve inch punching length with open ends for longer sheets
- Motor: Heavy-Duty
- Fully Disengageable Pins: Yes (on all die sets)
- Adjustable Depth Margin: Yes (4-step adjustment)
- Machine Dimensions: 17.25" L x 16" W x 9.25" H (machine)
- Die Set Dimensions: 16.5" L x 4.75" W x 6.75" H (die set)
- Machine Weight & Volume: 51 Lbs & 2.91 Cbft
- Die Set Weight & Volume: 18 Lbs & 0.76 Cbft
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Welcome to MyBinding video. This is the FlexiPunch-E from Akiles. It doesn’t look like much like this and that’s because all the magic happens in the interchangeable die. There’s a total of 4 binding dies to choose from, all sold separately but swapping them out is almost ridiculously easy and on purchase you get to choose one die that you want. These are shipped in 2 boxes – one with the machine and one with the die. Keep in mind that this is a punching machine, so if you find yourself asking “what next?” you might want to consider a different machine but if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make several different types of punches, then the FlexiPunch-E is a good machine to consider. We also have helpful how-to videos for each interchangeable die. And that is the Akiles FlexiPunch-E. For more demos, reviews and how-to’s, go to MyBinding.com.
Akiles Flexipunch E - Electric Modular Interchangeable Die Binding Punch Review
The Akiles FlexiPunch E is a heavy-duty electric binding punch that is designed to give you four different binding options. We took a look at this machine and compiled a list of what we consider to be its strengths and weaknesses.
- The FlexiPunch E is an electric punch, and as such has a really nice punching capacity of about 20 pages per cycle. The punching motor is very heavy duty, meaning that you will always have more than enough power to do the job in every punch pattern and die set. For those of you who are stepping up from a manual machine, you will find this process so much easier that you will wonder why you ever waited this long to upgrade.
- One of the great things about this machine is that it can be operated with a foot pedal. This means that you can hold the papers you are punching with both hands, which helps greatly with punch accuracy.
- The FlexiPunch E is big on versatility too. On this one machine, you will be able to do four different styles of binding: plastic comb, 4:1 wire coil, and 2:1 and 3:1 pitch wire binding. The die sets are very easy to change; you don't need any sort of tool, and the whole process takes less than a minute.
- All of the pins on the FlexiPunch E are fully disengageable. What this means to you is that you will be able to punch a bind all different sizes of paper without having to worry that there will be incomplete holes on the ends of your document. The FlexiPunch E also features an open throat design so that if you want to punch and bind documents that are longer than the 12" that it is designed for, you can accomplish that with a fairly easy two punch process.
- Another great feature of the FlexiPunch E is the adjustable depth of punch margin control. With this, you can always be assured that your documents are punched the proper distance from the edge of the paper as is appropriate for the thickness of the book. The depth of the punch and binding is important to the functionality and durability of the book. Thicker books should be punched further in from the edge, and thinner books more toward the edge.
- The FlexiPunch E has a really nice automatic anti-jam system that electronically detects a potential overfeed or jam, stops the mechanism and retracts the punching pins. This will save you a lot of trouble, not to mention the possibility of downtime due to a service call.
- The FlexiPunch E is a very heavy duty machine that is made of all metal, and would be seem to be made to last you a good number of years. That being said, Akiles offers only a one year warranty on this machine.
- Though as we stated before, the FlexiPunch E can be used to punch documents longer than 12" with a two-punch process. If you are going to be punching large amounts of documents that will need to be punched twice, you should be aware that you will be working a little bit more slowly than if you were punching and binding letter and A4 sized sheets.
- This system is capable of producing four different hole patterns. However, when you buy the machine it will only come with one punching die. You will have to purchase the other die sets separately. However, the good news is, the die sets are extremely reasonable in price.
- This system is just a punch and does not include a comb opener, wire closer or coil inserter. You will need to buy one of those pieces of finishing equipment to finish your documents.