Formax FD 8650HS Level 6 Cross-Cut Paper Shredder
- Meets the requirements of NSA/CSS specification for Level 6 Security shredding.
- EvenFlow Internal AutoOiler automatically oils cutting blades as needed for long-lasting performance.
- LED control panel with digital load indicator.
- Compact design for under-desk operation.
- Auto Start/Stop for care-free use.
- Door Safety Sensor stops motor automatically if door is opened.
- Auto Reverse for paper jams quickly clears the jam.
- Continuous-duty motor for non-stop operation.
- Auto-Cleaning for increased performance and longevity.
- Thermal Overload Protection to ensure safe shredding.
- Cutting Style: Cross Cut
- Shred Size: 1/32" x 3/16"
- Security Level: P-7 (Old Level 6)
- Sheet Capacity: 14 to 15 sheets
- 1-Hour NSA Durability Test: 18 reams / feeding 8 sheets
- Speed: 24 fpm
- Feed Opening: 16"
- Dimensions: 28" x 24" x 43" (WxDxH)
- Bin Capacity: 53 gallons
- Power Supply: 110V, 50/60 Hz, 20amp outlet
- Manufacturer's Warranty:
- 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty on cutting heads.
- 1-year Manufacturer's Warranty on all other parts.
- Weight: 320 lbs
- Part Number: FD8650HS
Formax FD 8650HS High Security Office Shredder Demo
Formax FD 8650HS Level 6 Cross-Cut Paper Shredder Review
Security is one of the most important consideration when choosing a paper shredder. Luckily, there are some terrific high-security shredders out there so you can find the right machine for your needs. One machine that may be right for you is the Formax FD 8650HS. Check out this shredder's strengths and weaknesses:
- The FD 8650HS is a cross-cut shredder with the highest possible security rating: level 6. The machine meets all of the National Security Agency/Central Security Service's requirements so you can be confident that all of your private information will stay out of the wrong hands. The shreds this machine produces measure 1/32" x 3/16".
- This shredder has a continuous-duty motor so you can shred non-stop when necessary. The motor is thermally protected so it won't overheat during long shredding sessions. This helps extend the life of the machine.
- If you need a machine for shared use, this device is a great choice. It has a 53-gallon waste bin so people can shred throughout the day.
- The FD 8650HS is easy to maintain because it's equipped with an EvenFlow automatic oiler. This feature will oil the blades when necessary to keep things moving smoothly. The machine is also self-cleaning for your convenience.
- This shredder has the ability to start running as soon as you place something in the 16-inch feed opening. The machine can easily handle wide-format paper as well as smaller documents. You won't need to worry about overfeeding the machine since it has it has a digital load indicator. This feature is part of the LED control panel.
- If a paper jam occurs when you're using the FD 8650HS, it will automatically go into revers.e This should help clear the problem.
- Finally, the FD 8650HS is covered by a 1-year warranty.
- One of the main drawbacks of using a high-security shredder is that you won't be able to shred a large amount of paper at once. This is definitely true of the FD 8650HS which has a 15-sheet shredding capacity. However, a higher amount of security is a nice trade-off for a lower shredding capacity.
- The FD 8650HS can't shred multimedia items like CD's, credit cards, and floppy disks. You will need an additional shredder if you need to dispose of these kinds of items.
- This shredder is fairly large due to its dimensions of 28" (width) x 24" (depth) x 43" (height). If you don't have a large work area, you may want to measure the space you do have to ensure that the machine will fit into it.
There you have it: the strengths and weaknesses of the Formax FD 8650HS. This shredder is a great choice if you need a high level of security as well as a continuous-duty motor and an automatic oiler. This device is ideal for shared used and since the motor is thermally protected, it's unlikely to overheat. As long as this machine's weaknesses don't matter too much, you will definitely like the FD 8650HS. Check it out today!
Compare to Similar Shredders
|Model Name||FD 8650HS||FD 8300HS||FD 8400HS||FD 8500HS||FD 8730HS|
|Cutting Type||Cross Cut||Cross Cut||Cross Cut||Cross Cut||Cross Cut|
|Shred Size||1/32" x 3/16"||1/32" x 3/16"||1/32" x 3/16"||1/32" x 3/16"|| 1/32" x 3/16"
1/16" x 5/32" (OM)
|Sheet Capacity||14 to 15 sheet||6 to 8 sheet||7 to 8 sheet||4 to 5 sheet|| 14 - 15 sheets
1 CD (OM)
|Speed||24 fpm||23 fpm||23 fpm||35 fpm|| 23 fpm
2,000 CDs per hour (OM)
|Feed Opening||16"||9.5"||10.25"||16"|| 19 3/8"
4 7/8" (OM)
|Dimensions:||28" W x 24" D x 43" H||18" W x 19" D x 26" H||20" W x 20" D x 34" H||24" W x 20" D x 35" H||28" W x 24" D x 43" H|
|Bin Capacity||53 gal||15 gal||20 gal||26 gal|| 31 gal
18.5 gal (OM)
|Security Level||Level 6||Level 7 (HIPAA Compliant)||Level 6 (HIPAA Compliant)||Level 6 (HIPAA Compliant)|| Level P-7
|Power Supply||110V, 50/60 Hz||110V, 50/60 Hz||110V, 50/60 Hz||110V, 50/60 Hz||110V, 50/60 Hz|