- LCD Display indicates temperature, speed and Ready/Wait condition
- Silicone rubber rollers ensure timely clean-up
- Interlocking feed tray and magnetic safety shield for safe operation
- Designed for thermal or pressure sensitive film up to 10 mil
- Roller gap adjustment handles mounting boards up to 3/16" (5 mm) thick
- Rewind roller peels away pressure sensitive release liner
- Infrared heating coil distributes heat evenly and improves lamination quality
- 8 bit microprocessor temperature control guarantees fast response time
- Cooling fan ensures smooth, flat output
- Exclusive preset temperature and speed settings for each film thickness
- Fine tuning override controls for both temperature and speed for variations in paper conditions
- Infrared heat detection provides instant reaction to heat changes on the silicone rollers
- Max. Roll OD 5"
- Model: GBC Catena 105
- Maximum Doc Size: 40"
- Speed: 1.5' - 5' per minute
- Compatible Film: 1.5 - 10mil
- Core Diameter: 1" or 2.25" (3" Core Adaptor Available)
- Weight: 154lbs
- Warmup Time: 10 minutes
- Adjustable Speed: Yes
- Warranty: 90 Day Manufacturer
- Safety Approval: UL, CE, CSA Listed, TUV Certified
- Power Requirements: 220v, 50/60 Hz, 15 amp
When an image leaves the computer, it could end up anywhere. Digital output today can mean many things. You need a system that can finish all of today
The Catenas are uniquely designed, versatile color finishing systems which allow you to create an endless variety of graphic applications from your digital color output. Each machine in the Catena series is designed to work hand-in-hand with digital color output, delivering an affordable and accessible option in laminating, encapsulating and mounting exciting presentation graphics on demand.
While the applications of the Catena can be quite sophisticated, the operation can be done simply and safely, even in the smallest office. The magnetically latched safety shield allows for easy removal and replacing when changing film and the user friendly control panel allows the operator to adjust heat and speeds for different thicknesses of paper, films and mounting substrates.
GBC is the name known throughout the printing and on-demand industry for quality laminating and finishing films. The Catena machines are designed to take advantage of thermal films and pressure-sensitive films such as GBC's Octiva, Octiva Lo-Melt and Arctic over-laminates and mounting adhesives as well as a variety of textured vinyl films and mounting boards.
The Catena's thermal films range from 1 mil to 10 mil thick. Hi-Tac films are specially engineered to adhere to toners with high fuser oil content. The Catena 65 and 105 machines will also accommodate wax-based and heat-sensitive materials, utilizing our pressure-sensitive cold-laminating film.
GBC has been leading technological advances in lamination for more than 30 years, so you know your investment will be supported with unbeatable service, the world's largest inventory of in-stock thermal films and innovative features like GBC's infrared heated roller design which distributes heat evenly and quickly across the heat rollers for perfect, scratch-free lamination. So advanced, infrared heat sensors instantly sense heat variation on the rollers and control the heat on/off process and the silicone rubber heat rollers reduce adhesive buildup and cleaning time and provide for a clean, scratch-less edge seal.
The Catenas can mount images to a variety of materials. Adjustable roller pressure adjusts easily to accommodate mounting materials up to 3/16 of an inch thick. GBC has designed the Catena to meet your specific finishing needs. Images up to 12 inches wide can be finished on the Catena 35. The Catena 65 can finish output up to 25 inches wide and for wide-format images, the Catena 105 can mount and laminate images up to 40 inches wide. From small point of purchase displays to wide images, the Catenas can mount and finish it all.
GBC Catena 105 Roll Laminator Review
Roll laminators offer the perfect solution for when you need to laminate very large documents. One roll laminator you should consider is the GBC Catena 105. Here are its strengths and weaknesses.
- The Catena 105 is the perfect laminator to use when working with wide-format documents. It can laminate items that are up to 40 inches wide, so it's perfect for posters, signage, and other large displays.
- This machine is compatible with film that's up to 10 mil thick. Ten mil film is the thickest available and it's perfect for items that will be handled a lot or exposed to the elements. You can use both thermal and pressure-sensitive film with this device. (When using pressure-sensitive film, the rewind roller will peel away the backing so you don't have to.)
- The Catena 105 is compatible with rolls of laminating film that have cores either 1” or 2.25”: thick. There's a special adapter you can use if your film has 3” core.
- This device operates at speeds ranging from 1.5 to 5 feet per minute. Whatever the size of document you're laminating, it'll will definitely be processed quickly.
- This device has adjustable speed and temperature settings so you'll be able to get the right results for no matter which document you're laminating. The temperature and speed settings are all shown on an LCD display. (The display will also let you know when the device is ready for use.)
- The Catena 105 has silicone rollers so you can be sure you're getting the smoothest results possible. There's also a cooling fan that ensures things will look great and that the machine as whole won't overheat.
- If you want to use mounting board to prepare visual aids or displays, you can so with the Catena 105. There are roller gap adjustment handles that you can manipulate so the machine will be able to accommodate boards that are up to 3/16” thick.
- This laminator takes a long time to warm up. It will probably take about 10 minutes before it's ready for use.
- It almost goes without saying that roll laminators tend to be large and the Catena 105 is no exception. It has dimensions of 51" (width) x 48" (height) x 21" (depth) and it weighs just over 150 pounds, so you'll need to exercise caution when moving it.
- Unfortunately, this device has a shorter warranty than the majority of GBC's products. It only comes with 90 days of coverage.
The GBC Catena 105 is definitely a good choice if you're looking for a roll laminator. It has a lot of great features, such as its compatibility with both thermal and pressure-sensitive films. You'll be able to laminate all kinds and sizes of documents with this device, and you'll also find it easy to do. You'll just need to give the device ample time to warm up as well as be careful when moving it. If you do, you'll find that the Catena 105 may be the perfect roll laminator for you.
You Save: 25%
You Save: 10%
You Save: 44%