MBM Triumph 1080 31.5" Free-Standing Paper Cutter - KU0476
- Solingen steel blade set may be resharpened
- Special wide-angle blade cuts heavy materials such as matteboard, plastic, and metal foil
- Transparent Lexan ® safety guard
- Blade lock
- Foot pedal for positive clamping
- Precision side guides scaled in inches and metric system
- Lockable back gauge
- Front gauge is adjustable using a calibrated rotary knob with fine adjustment scale, lockable in every position
- Narrow-strip cutting device
- Fold-down extension table provides support for large cutting jobs
- Standard paper sizes indicated on table
- All-metal construction
- Cutting Length: 31 1/4"
- Sheet Capacity: 20 Sheets (5/32" cutting height)
- Table Size: 31 1/2" x 23 7/8"
- Dimensions(D x W x H): 42 1/2" x 26 1/4" x 48" (35" W with fold-away extension table in working position)
- Replacement Blade: MBM Replacement Blade Kit (25 Degree), MBM Replacement Blade Kit
- Shipping Weight: 158 lbs.
- Warranty: 1-year limited warranty, excluding wearables
MBM Kutrimmer 1080 Paper Cutter Review
If you're looking for a guillotine paper cutter, getting a heavy-duty one that can be used frequently is always a good idea. One such device is the MBM Kutrimmer 1080. Here's a short review of this item so you'll be able to decide if it would be good for your cutting needs.
The 1080 has a decent cutting capacity, but it's not ideal if you're going to need to cut a whole lot of paper at once. This device can cut up to 20 sheets at a time, which will suffice for small and medium-sized jobs. However, if you need to cut more than that at once, you might want to consider a different trimmer.
This would be a good trimmer to have around if you need to cut large sheets of paper. The 1080 has a 31.25-inch cutting length, making it perfect for both small and large sheets. It can even cut some non-paper materials including foil and mat board thanks to its wide-angle blade. This feature helps make this device very versatile.
Speaking of the blade, the 1080's is made out of Solingen steel. This is one of the most durable metals available so you'll be able to cut a lot of paper with it before it gets dull. When that happens, the blade can be resharpened. (Just be careful when doing so.)
For your safety, this device has a safety shield made out of a durable plastic called Lexan. The shield helps prevent your hands from being cut and since it's transparent, it allows you to keep an eye on what you're doing.
The 1080 comes with a foot pedal you can use to keep your materials in place. This device also has an adjustable backstop and a folding shelf that makes it easy to deal with larger items.
This device features all-metal construction so you can count on it being durable.
When you purchase this trimmer, it comes with a stand. This will help you keep your work surfaces clear, but it also means that the cutter will take up a lot of room. Its dimensions are 42" (depth) x 27.5" (width) x 48" (height). This device is also extremely heavy (it weighs 158 pounds) and it will be difficult to move once it's set up.
The 1080 is covered under a 1-year warranty. This warranty excludes wearables, unfortunately.
The MBM Kutrimmer 1080 is a device worth checking out if you need a durable guillotine paper cutter. This device is well-constructed so it can withstand a lot of use no matter what you're cutting (i.e. paper, mat board, etc.). It's great that this trimmer can cut large materials even though the cutting capacity could be improved. The foot pedal is a unique feature as is the Lexan safety shield. You'll just need to measure your work area beforehand so you can be sure this cutter will fit into it. Once you do that you're free to start cutting, so check out the 1080 today.
Compare to Similar Paper Cutters
|Model Name||Triumph 1080||Triumph 1110|
|Cutting Length||31 1/2"||43 1/4"|
|Sheet Capacity||20 Sheets (5/32" cutting height)||20 Sheets (5/32" cutting height)|
|Table Size (D x W)||31 1/2" x 23 7/8"||43 1/4" x 30"|
|Dimensions (D x W x H)||42 1/2" x 26 1/4" x 48" (35" W with fold-away extension table in working position)||54 3/4" x 32 1/2" x 53 1/2" (41 3/4" W with fold-away extension table in working position)|