MBM Destroyit 4002 Cross Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0393
- Comprehensive SPS safety package: Easy Switch control element uses illuminated color codes and symbols to indicate operational status and functions as an emergency stop switch; patented, electronically controlled, transparent safety shield in the feed opening; automatic power cut-off when cabinet is opened or shred bin is full; automatic reverse and power cut-off when overfed; double protection against overheating; Zero Energy Consumption sleep mode cuts off power supply after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Automatic start and stop controlled by photo cell.
- Patented Electronic Capacity Control (ECC) indicator prevents jams by monitoring sheet capacity levels during operation.
- Automatic oil injection ensures optimal performance at all times (cross-cut models). High quality, hardened steel cutting shafts take staples, paper clips, credit cards, and CDs / DVDs. Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty on the cutting shafts. Quiet and powerful single phase motor rated for continuous operation.
- Sturdy Twin Drive System with fully enclosed gear box housing.
- High quality wooden cabinet mounted on casters.
- Convenient, environmentally friendly shred bin does not require disposable shred bags.
- Compatible Supplies: Destroyit 901 Bags
- Security Level: P-4
- Particle Size: 4 x 40 mm (3/16 x 1 1/2 inches)
- Sheet Capacity: 24-26
- Shred Speed: 25 ft./min.
- Shred Capabilities (non-paper): Paper Clips, Credit Cards and CDs/DVDs
- Shred Volume: 44 gal.
- Feed Opening: 16"
- Electrical Requirements: 115 V
- Maximum Horsepower: 1 3/4
- Actual Machine Weight : 230
- Shipping Length : 29
- Shipping Width: 39
- Shipping Height: 31
- Shipping (Web) Weight: 240 lbs
- Manufacturer's Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer's Warranty on cutting shafts
MBM Destroyit 4002 Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
One of many choices of centralized office shredders is the MBM Destroyit 4002. Offering myriad automatic and safety features as well as high quality steel blades, this machine is sturdy and easy to use. This device is covered by a one year warranty, with an impressive lifetime warranty on the cutting shafts. Let's take a closer look.
MBM's standard Safety Protection System combines innovative ideas with automated functions to provide you with a safe and convenient shredding experience. A safety shield protects the opening from fingers or other objects accidentally sliding into the blades. The "Easy Switch" combines three functions in one button, including stand-by, stop, and reverse. Stop is activated when the shred bag is full or the door is open. Stop and reverse work together to avoid paper jams by cutting power to the motor if the blades are overfed and sliding the items out to the user. An Energy Save Mode reduces the motor to a "sleep" mode after one hour of inactivity to conserve electricity.
A powerful single phase motor runs the 4002 and is rated for sustained use. The engine uses a sturdy twin drive system and is double protected against overheating to prolong the life of your shredder. A dustproof enclosure houses the durable gears to help avoid corrosion.
Able to handle up to 26 sheets, the wide 16 inch paper entry easily takes in stapled and paperclipped documents as well as credit cards and CDs. A photo cell sensor detects when paper is inserted and begins shredding instantly. During use, the Electronic Control Capacity indicates the exact shredding capacity available. The hardened steel cutting shafts dice up paperwork at an impressive 25 feet per minute, ensuring you spend less time shredding and have more time for important tasks.
The wooden cabinet holding the machine is fitted with a pull-out bag frame on rollers for easy removal and replacement of the 53 gallon shred bag. The wood acts as a noise reducer by taking in some of the sound waves, resulting in a quieter shredding experience.
The small cross cut particles only rate a level 3 security. Many offices consider this adequate for most confidential documents. However, if you have a higher volume of riskier documents to dispose of, you might prefer the Micro Cut version of this model.
Weighing 227 pounds, this shredder is a heavy piece of office equipment. But it is mounted on casters, which makes it easier to move around, and we don't think this will be much of an issue for most users.
The many strengths speak for themselves, the Destroyit 4002 is an excellent choice for a central office shredder. Convenient and efficient use is made possible by automated features and a robust motor. You can rest assured your information will stay secure in the tiny particles created by the hardened steel blades. Be sure to check out the MBM Destroyit 4002 Cross Cut for your next office shredder.
Compare to Similar Shredders
|Model Name||Destroyit 4002||Destroyit 2503||Destroyit 2604||Destroyit 3104||Destroyit 3105||Destroyit 3804||Destroyit 4005|
|Strip Width||4 x 40 mm (3/16 x 1 1/2")||4 x 40 mm (3/16 x 1 1/2")||4 x 40 mm (3/16 x 1 1/2")||4 x 40 mm (3/16 x 1 1/2")||4 x 40 mm (3/16 x 1 1/2")||4 x 40 mm (3/16 x 1 1/2")||4 x 40 mm (3/16 x 1 1/2")|
|Shred Speed||25 ft./min.||24 ft./min.||18 ft./min.||18 ft./min.||30 ft./min.||20 ft./min.||30 ft./min.|
|Shred Capabilities||Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs||Paper Clips, Credit Cards||Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs||Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs||Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs||Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs||Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs|
|Shred Volume||44 gal||20 gal||26 gal||32 gal||37 gal||44 gal||44 gal|
|Feed Opening||16"||10 1/4"||10 1/4"||12"||12"||16"||16"|
|Electrical Requirements||115 V||115 V||115 V||115 V||115 V||115 V||115 V|
|Maximum Horsepower||1 3/4||3/4||1||1||2 1/8||1||2 1/8|
|Dimensions (D x W x H)||23 1/4" x 25 1/4" x 38 1/4"||14 3/4" x 19 3/4" x 34 1/4"||18 1/2" x 19 1/2 "x 36 1/2"||18 1/2" x 21" x 36 1/2"||23" x 22" x 40"||23 1/4" x 25 1/4" x 38 1/4"||23 1/4" x 25 1/4" x 39 3/4"|