MBM Destroyit 5009 High Capacity Cross Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0329
- Extra large feed table with powered conveyor belt feed system.
- Convenient centralized oiler for lubrication of the cutting shafts.
- Electronically controlled safety guard.
- Safety lock and key, main switch, and emergency stop button.
- Automatic power cut-off when cabinet is opened or shred bag is full.
- Automatic reverse and power cut-off when overfed.
- Thermal switch prevents overheating.
- Push button control panel with optical indicators to show operational status.
- 2 automatic speed modes: POWER for bulk feeding large quantities of paper and SPEED for high speed shredding of lesser amounts.
- Soft metal resistant, hardened steel cutting shafts take CDs / DVDs, hardbound documents, and 3-ring binders.
- Dual 3 phase motors (24 maximum horsepower) rated for continuous operation.
- Fully enclosed gear box housing.
- Mounted on heavy duty casters.
- Rear opening cabinet door and mobile shred bin with bag mounting frame for easy replacement of shred bags.
- Optional accessories: modular exit conveyor belt system and additional shred bins.
- SIMPLIFIED CONTROLS. Operation is controlled by an ergonomiccontrol panel. Optical indicators displayoperational status.
- ROBUST CUTTING UNIT. Industrial, tempered steel cutting headwilleasily destroy hardbound documentsincluding full sized 3-ring binders.
- CENTRALIZED OILER. Conveniently located centralized oilerprovidesquick and easy lubrication of thecutting shafts.
- MOBILE SHRED BIN. 79 gallon shred bin is mounted on heavyduty casters for easy mobility. Shredderstops automatically when door is opened.
- MODULAR EXIT CONVEYOR BELT. Optional accessory greatly increases shred capacity by transporting shredded materialto an external container. Unit is mounted on casters for easy mobility—simply roll intoplace, close door, and lock. Belt drive is controlled by the shredder electronics.
- Security Level: P-2
- Particle Size: 8 x 40-80 mm (11/32 x 1 1/2–3 inches)
- Sheet Capacity: 600-700
- Shred Speed: 24-46 ft./min. (2 automatic speed modes)
- Shred Capabilities (non-paper): Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs
- Shred Volume: 79 gal.
- Feed Opening: 20"
- Maximum Horsepower: 24
- Dimensions (D x W x H): 85 1/2" x 40 3/4" x 67 1/2" (121" D with modular exit conveyor belt system)
- Shipping Wight: 3,080 lbs.
- Electrical Requirements: 220 volts, 3 phase (50 amp. dedicated line required; phase converter strictly prohibited, voids all warranty).
- 1 year limited warranty on cutting shafts and wheels
- 1 year limited warranty on all other parts, excluding wearables
Welcome to MyBinding video. Today we look at MBM's Destroyit 5009, a high capacity cross cut shredder. This thing shreds, just look at the joy on that worker's face. For organizations with a need for high volume shredding, an in-house shredding program based around the Destroyit high capacity shredders is one of the most secure and economical ways of disposing sensitive documents. It's easy to use with all the controls on the front, automatic stop shred bag when it's full, and automatic reverse feature if there should be a paper jam. It seems like you can throw just about anything at the Destroyit 5009. It has a three phase motor that's ready for continuous action, it's got a fully enclosed dustproof gearbox housing, and a 79-gallon bin for waste. And it has a convenient centralized oiler for lubrication of the cutting head. And two automatic speed modes are power for bulk shredding and speed for high speed shredding. And finally, the strip size is 11/32 by 1.5-3 inches, which is level two security. That's the Destroyit 5009. For more demos, reviews, and how tos on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
MBM Destroyit 5009 High Capacity Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
Shredding services can be convenient but they also increase the chance of your company experiencing a security breach. If certain information gets out into the public, you could face lawsuits and other unpleasant things. However, you can keep things under wraps with an in-house shredder. One possibility is the MBM DestroyIt 5009, a high-volume device that's ideal for companies that need to shred a lot. This is what it has to offer:
The DestroyIt 5009 is an excellent choice if you need a powerful, high-volume shredder. It can shred around 600 sheets at a time and its motor is powerful enough to handle various types of media. Some of the items it can shred include VHS tapes, CD's, and hardcover books.
This machine can destroy up to 46 feet of material in just one minute. It can run continuously so you can shred all day if you need to. The feed opening is 20" wide so you can easily get rid of any wide-format documents.
Not only can this machine handle different types of materials, it offers a good amount of security. It has a Level 2 security rating (Level 6 is the highest) and it will turn an item in shreds that measure 11/32" x 1-1/2". This may not be secure enough for highly confidential documents but it's more than adequate for correspondence and the like.
The DestroyIt 5009's waste bin is extremely large. It can hold up to 79 gallons of shreds so it can store a lot even if you're shredding a lot of materials. Getting rid of the shreds is pretty easy. There's a frame that's mounted on rollers so you can pull it out, tie off the bag, and recycle everything.
This machine's gears are stored in a dust-proof compartment. No matter how much you use the shredder, this feature will help keep your work area clean.
As you may have expected, this shredder is extremely large. It measures a hefty 85.5" (depth) x 40.75" (weight) x 67.5" (height) so you're going to have to have a lot of room for it. And make sure you put it in a good place so you won't need to move it. That's because it weighs almost 3,100 pounds. It does have casters which helps make it somewhat easier to move.
Although the DestroyIt 5009 is big, it's pretty easy to operate. The control panel is easy to navigate and there's an emergency stop button just in case you run into any problems. Also, it has a safety lock so people can stay safe around it.
The DestroyIt 5009 has great warranty protection. The cutting mechanism (shafts and wheels) is covered by a 10-year warranty while general parts have 1 year of protection. Also, the motor is thermally protected so you shouldn't ever really have any problems with it, especially in regards to overheating.
The MBM DestroyIt 5009 is a terrific high-volume shredder. While it doesn't have a Level 6 rating, it nonetheless offers much, much more security than a shredding service can, especially since it can handle multimedia items and hardcover books. Check this machine out today so you can keep your company's information private.