- Fully enclosed, dust-proof gearbox housing
- Cabinet door opens from front
- Mobile shred bin for easy repacment of disposable shred bags.
- 61gallon bin capacity
- Automatic stop when hopper or cabinet door is opened or when shred bag is full
- Thermal switch prevents overheating
- Small footprint
- Mounted on heavy duty casters
- Particle Size : 3/16" x 2 3/8"
- Sheet Capacity: 50-60 sheets
- Shred Speed: 40 ft / min.
- Security Level: P-3 (Old Level 3)
- Feed Opening: 18"
- Max. Horsepower: 7 1/2
- Dimensions: 30" D x 29" W x 67" H
- Weight: 715 lbs
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer on Shafts and Wheels, 1 Year on Parts
MBM Destroyit 4605 High-Capacity Cross-Cut Paper Shredder Review
Are you looking for a heavy-duty shredder that can destroy large quantities of paper on a daily basis? If so, the MBM DestroyIt 4605 cross-cut shredder just might be the machine that's right for your workplace. This is a sophisticated machine that makes it easy to get rid of lots of paper quickly. Check out the 4605's strengths and weaknesses to determine if it's the right machine for your needs:
- The 4605 is designed for heavy-duty shredding. This machine can destroy up to 60 sheets at a time and it has an 18-inch feed opening so you can easily get rid of wide-format documents. Also, the machine has a top-loading feed hopper that can handle both flat and crumpled paper.
- This shredder has extremely durable cutters that can destroy items like hardbound documents and even CD's and DVD's. You will also be able to shred documents that still have paper clips and staples attached to them.
- The 4605 comes with a 61-gallon waste bin, so you will be able to shred high volumes of paper and other items. The waste bin has casters on the bottom of it and you can pull it right out of the shredder cabinet for easy disposal. Make sure you close the cabinet door when you're done. If you don't, the machine won't run due to safety issues. The shredder also won't run when the waste bin is full, so you'll have a chance to empty it.
- This machine has a thermal switch so it won't overheat as you're shredding. The machine can shred up to 40 feet of material per minute non-stop and there's an automatic reverse mode that can help you out in case a paper jam occurs. Using this shredder isn't hard at all since it has easy-to-understand controls and indicators to let you know what's going on. Plus, there's a photo cell in the feed opening that causes the machine to start shredding immediately.
- If anything goes wrong when you're using the 4605, take advantage of the emergency stop button. This is a terrific feature that makes this device really safe to use.
- Finally, this shredder comes with a lifetime warranty that covers shafts and wheels. Everything else is covered for 1 year.
- Although the 4605 has a relatively small footprint, it's very tall, so it's going to take up a lot of space. The machine's dimensions are 30" (depth) x 29" (width) x 67" (height), so you should measure your workspace ahead of time to make sure it will fit.
- This machine doesn't have separate feed openings or hoppers for plastic and paper items. Thus, your shreds will be mixed together. This could be problematic when it comes to recycling.
- The 4605 is obviously not a great machine to get if you need something for a small office. Luckily, there are plenty of other MBM shredders that are good for small work areas.
Overall, the MBM DestroyIt 4605 is a great shredder if you need something that can shred a lot of paper throughout the day. This machine has a lot of user-friendly features and the waste bin is easy to empty. As long as you have the room for it, the 4605 is an excellent heavy-duty machine. Check it out if it sounds like the right shredder for your workplace.