- Model NameModelBinding materialBinding CapacityPunching CapacityPunching LengthPunching FormatBinding FormatHole PithHole SpecDepth MarginPunch HolesDisengageable pinsPower SupplyMachine DimensionsWeightWarranty
- Tamerica EZ-Comb 21All Metal2"20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper)11.7”ManualManual14.33mm3 x 8mm rectangle2.5 / 4.5 / 6.5mm2121N/A17.3”x11”x9”21 lbs1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Tamerica TCC2100All Metal2"20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper)12”ManualManualN/AN/AAdjustable Punch Depth2121N/A21” x 14” x 12”26.2 lbs1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Tamerica 190PBAll Metal2"20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper)11”ManualManualN/AN/AAdjustable Punch Depth2121N/A20" x 15" x 11"22 lbs.2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Tamerica 213PBAll Metal2"20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper)12”ManualManualN/AN/AAdjustable Punch Depth2121N/A20" x 14" x 12"47 lbs.2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Tamerica DuraBind 242All Metal2"20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper)14”ManualManualN/AN/AAdjustable Punch Depth2121N/A21” x 14” x 12”27 lbs.2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Tamerica / Tashin 210PBAll Metal2"20 sheets per lift (20 lbs paper)12”ManualManualN/AN/AAdjustable Punch Depth2121N/A20” x 14” x 12”47 lbs.2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
Tamerica DuraBind 242 14" Legal Plastic Comb Binding Machine
- Two handle punch & bind machine
- Punches 5,000 sheets/ hr and binds 250 books/ hr
- Heavy duty metal construction.
- Punches up to 14" Wide (24 Rings)
- Separate handles for punching and binding to extend the life of the machine.
- Fully disengageable dies for punching of custom size documents.
- Hollow ground self-sharpening dies
- Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Part Number: T242Durabind
Welcome to MyBinding video. Today we look at the DuraBind 242, a 14-inch legal plastic comb binding system by Tamerica. Let's watch this economical yet heavy duty machine in action. Side margin control knob allows you to set and lock into place the setting so that all punches are consistent throughout all your projects. In the event of missed or half punched holes, any or all of the punch pins can be disengaged by simply pulling the pin out, making the punching of any size document possible. On the right hand side of the machine is a depth of margin control knob and depending on the thickness of your document, you may want to have a thinner or a thicker margin. With the DuraBind 242, you can bind a document of up to two inches.
With all of our settings in place, let's create a document. Beginning with the covers, we make our punches and then punch through the rest of the project in batches of 15-20 sheets at a time. With the entire project punched, it's time to bind.Included with the machine is a comb selection guide. By holding up your completed project to the paper, you can see the size comb diameter you need. The 242 comes in very handy here again with a 14-inch wide comb opener. When opening combs, always keep the teeth of the comb faced up and the project faced down. That way it doesn't fall apart in use. Drape your project over the teeth of the comb, close it up, remove your project, and you're all done.
It's that easy. All the punched chips fall in the chip tray below for easy emptying. That's the Tamerica Tashin DuraBind 242. For more demos, reviews, and how-tos on this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Tamerica Tashin Durabind 242 Comb Binding Machine Review
Positioning itself as a low-cost entry level manual comb binding system, the Tamerica Tashin Durabind 242 looks like a great choice for smaller organizations and light to medium use. In this short report, we will take a closer look at the Durabind 242 and give you a list of what we consider to be this machine's strengths and weaknesses.
- We feel that the Durabind 242 offers low volume users a high quality comb binding system and at a great price to boot. The machine can bind documents that are legal sized. It features a comb opener of fourteen inches, and gives the user the ability to punch twenty four holes.
- The 242 includes a feature that not many other machines at this price point do, and that is fully disengageable dies. This means that with the Durabind 242, you can bind documents with shorter binding edges without ending up with incomplete holes at the ends. There is also a depth of margin control that allows you to adjust how far from the edge you want your holes to be punched. These two features alone rate the 242 as an impressively versatile machine.
- The inclusion of a separate handle for the opener means that you can place the 242 against the wall, saving valuable counter space. Another great result of this handle placement is that very few components are in motion during the punching and binding process, thus enhancing the longevity of the machine.
- We found the manual punch to be a pretty strong one, perfectly capable of punching fifteen to twenty pages at a time, or two plastic covers with no problem. This makes the 242 a nice choice for small runs and light production schedules.
- The two year warranty that the 242 comes with is nice. The all metal construction makes this machine appear to us to be extremely durable. However, that we think it pretty unlikely that you will ever have to use it.
- The punching dies that come with the 242 are hollow-ground and self sharpening. This makes it extremely unlikely that you will ever have to replace them for the life of the machine. That is a good thing since replacing the dies on a manual comb binding system is a real pain.
- The manual punch of the 242 is of high quality. However, you may find that it limits your productivity to some extent. It is probably not the best choice for high volume jobs as the process of manually punching each document can get tiring and tedious. Manual punching systems also present a risk for injuries resulting from repetitive motion.
- We've found that, unfortunately, it can be difficult to find much variety in available supplies for legal size plastic comb binding. For the most part, for instance, you can find the plastic combs in black fairly readily, but other colors are more difficult to come by. This limits you creativity in creating the documents you envision. If you are looking to bind legal sized documents and are looking for colorful binding elements you will probably need to consider spiral coil instead of comb binding.