Tamerica / Tashin 240HB 14" Modular Comb Opener
207.78 NewCondition InStock
Tamerica / Tashin 240HB 14" Modular Comb Opener
SWIPE FOR MORE IMAGES
The Tamerica 240HB is the most economical manual plastic comb opener available on the market yet it has the same features as many of the more expensive plastic comb openers. The Tamerica / Tashin 240HB opens combs that are up to 14" in length and up to 2" in diameter and is compatible with all of the plastic combs that we carry. The 240HB is ideal for users who already have an electric comb punch and are looking to increase productivity by allowing one user to bind while the other punches. It features an adjustable binding stop to eliminate over opening plastic combs and has a heavy duty, durable metal exterior that is built to last.
- Binds up to 250 books/ hr
- Opens Plastic Combs from 3/16" up to 2"
- Heavy duty metal exterior is built to last.
- 14" length allows for binding legal sized books
- Includes an adjustable binding stop for precise opening of combs in production environments.
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
People Who Viewed Also Viewed
Write Your Own Review
Transcript: Welcome to MyBinding video. Let’s have a look at the Tamerica/Tashin 240HB, a 14” modular comb opener. This is an all metal heavy duty comb opener. It’s built to last and assist in heavy production. It’s extra wide so it can accommodate standard and oversized plastic combs. And with a two personal workstation, one to punch and one to bind, this machine moves the process along very fast. This demonstration was done with a 1/4” comb. The 240HB can handle up to 2” diameter plastic combs. The lever arm is equipped with a pin stop. You can set it for the size comb that you’re using, making large ru ... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let’s have a look at the Tamerica/Tashin 240HB, a 14” modular comb opener. This is an all metal heavy duty comb opener. It’s built to last and assist in heavy production. It’s extra wide so it can accommodate standard and oversized plastic combs. And with a two personal workstation, one to punch and one to bind, this machine moves the process along very fast. This demonstration was done with a 1/4” comb. The 240HB can handle up to 2” diameter plastic combs. The lever arm is equipped with a pin stop. You can set it for the size comb that you’re using, making large runs of the same document that much faster. And that’s Tamerica’s 240HB. For more demos, reviews and how-to’s, check out MyBinding.com.
Tamerica Tashin 240HB Manual Modular Plastic Comb Opener Review
- The Tamerica 240HB is a manually operated modular plastic comb opener that is designed for printers, in plant print shops, binderies and high volume users of plastic comb binding.
- The 240HB is an ideal companion for a heavy duty modular plastic comb binding punch. It is small enough that it can be stacked on top of many punches or it can be placed beside your punch to allow one user to punch while another user finishes the documents.
- The 240HB is designed to help organizations increase productivity while binding documents with plastic combs. You can use it with a heavy duty modular electric punch, with 19 hole punched paper or to edit your existing comb bound documents.
- This machine is designed for use with all of the different sizes of plastic comb binding spines. The 240HB can open comb binding spines that are round or oval shaped. It can be used with spines as small as 3/16" and as large as two inches in diameter. You can use it to bind documents with as few as two sheets or with as many as 425 sheets of 20lb bond paper.
- The 240HB is fourteen inches in length. This means that it can be used to open combs for binding letter size, legal size, half size, A4 and other custom sizes of documents.
- The small footprint of this machine makes it ideal for placement on top of your modular binding punch. It can easily be placed on the counter beside your punch or can be stored away when it is not in use.
- This comb opener has a convenient adjustable binding stop on the side of the machine. The adjustable binding stop allows users to set the machine to open a specific size of comb. This is extremely useful for binding a large number of documents that are all the same size.
- The 240HB has heavy duty metal components that are designed to hold up in production environments. It is great for high volume applications where it needs to be used on a daily basis.
- On the 240HB model that I tested, the comb opening handle began to slip slightly over time. The handle is supposed to stay tight and remain open without the need to hold it in place. I was able to tighten the handle to fix this problem. If the machine has this problem in the field it is possible that you may also need to tighten the handle.
- This machine is only fourteen inches in length. It is great for opening legal size and smaller documents. However, users who need to open longer sized combs will find that the handle on the left side of the machine gets in the way. Users who need to insert combs that are longer than 24 loops will need to insert the last loops by hand or try to work around the handle on the side of the machine.
- Although the 240HB is a good solution for high volume users, the highest volume users may benefit from an electric plastic comb opener such as the GBC PB2600. An electric plastic comb opener is both easier to use and offers more productivity than a manual opener. It also doesn't have a handle to get in the way for binding long documents.
- The 240HB is a great choice for printers, binderies, large organizations and in plant print shops that are looking for a high quality modular comb opener.
- It is capable of handling both large and small plastic combs with up to 24 loops. This makes it great for binding letter size, legal size, half letter and custom length documents.
- The only weakness with this machine is that the handle can become loose over time and that it isn't ideal for binding documents that are longer than twenty four loops.
Asked by Fin DC
This unit is actually not a punch but just a comb opener/closer used to help you insert the pages of your document onto the comb. Customers who already own a modular binding punch or an all in one plastic comb binding machine can use this unit to increase productivity when binding documents. If you need to bind a lot of books in a short period of time you can have one person punching and another person using the comb opener.
Answered by MyBinding.com