Akiles AlphaBind-CM Manual Plastic Comb Binding Machine
- Punching Length: 12" with open throat for longer documents.
- High-Volume Punch Capacity: With its unique punching mechanism, you can punch up to 25 sheets of 20 lbs paper per lift.
- Binding Capacity: Up to 2".
- Die Disengagement Pins: Allows punching of all paper sizes without any partially punched holes.
- Depth Margin Control: Adjustable depth margins (4 steps) offers the best margin distance for each book size.
- Side Margin Control
- Large Waste Compartment: Easily accessible from the front of the machine.
- Heavy Duty Design: All metal construction.
- Weight: 41 Lbs
- 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
With your project all assembled, let's go step-by-step. First we can start with the cover. Being sure that you know which side you want the margin on, place that upside down and into the opening. Use the side margin control knob to make sure that all papers are cut in the same place, disengaging whatever pins ... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding.com. Let's bind a book with an Akiles AlphaBind CM Manual Plastic Comb Binding Machine. For a closer look at its intricacies and details of this machine as well as our opinions of its performance, check out our review video at MyBinding.com. Let's watch it in action.
With your project all assembled, let's go step-by-step. First we can start with the cover. Being sure that you know which side you want the margin on, place that upside down and into the opening. Use the side margin control knob to make sure that all papers are cut in the same place, disengaging whatever pins you might need to ensure no partially punched holes. All set, make your punch. And then continue with the rest of your project in the batch sizes that you need, keeping things lined up and making your punches. With your punches complete and your project in order, you're ready to bind it all with the comb. Simply slide the comb on top and pull down the lever on the left side, opening the combs. With the combs facing up and the project facing down, align your papers and slide them onto the teeth of the comb. Lift the lever to close the comb and your project is finished. It's just that simple. For more demos and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Welcome to MyBinding.com. Let's have a look at the Akiles AlphaBind-CM, a manual plastic comb binding machine. If you're familiar with the MegaBind line, you'll know that these machines are heavy duty and do a great job. You'll find the same construction and durability in the AlphaBind series, just smaller with a lighter price. Among its many features are the die disengagement pins, which allows punching of papers of all sizes without partially punched holes. There's a dial in and lock down side margin control knob. It has a binding capacity of up to two inches with an easy handle for opening the combs. There's a depth margin control knob which offers the best margin difference for each book size. And it has an extra large chip tray for all the punched holes. It's nice because you don't empty it as much and the chips don't gum up the works of the machine. Let's review the AlphaBind CM while watching it in action. If you're going to be binding documents that are letter sized or less, for the most part the 12 inch punching throat is perfect for your needs. If you have the need, you can actually make bigger books using the AlphaBind CM's open throat design and its fully disengageable punching pins. The AlphaBind CM punches hard, however not quite the 25 sheets of 20lb paper that it claims. Doable, but difficult. We found 15 sheets or less to be a snap. Up to a 2 inch comb fits right on top, easily accessible and easily opened. The AlphaBind CM is a nice, tough, easy to use, rugged and manual punch; but in the end, it's a manual punch. If you're doing many projects on a regular basis, you may want to consider an electric punch model, like the AlphaBind CE. But for under 250, this is a long-lasting great buy. For more demos and reviews of this product and many more, check out MyBinding.com.
Akiles Alphabind-CM Manual Plastic Comb Binding Machine Review
Plastic comb binding machines can be expensive, so when buying one, you want to be sure you select the machine that has the best features for the lowest price. One machine that's affordable and is packed with first-rate features is the brand new Akiles AlphaBind-CM. This is a system that won't cost you too much but it has a lot of the most popular features a comb binding machine can have. Here's a breakdown of the machine's strengths, as well as an honest look at its shortcomings.
- This device is capable of punching and binding letter-sized documents (8.5" x 11"). It has a 12-inch throat that is open so you can bind other sizes of documents, if necessary.
- This device can work with binding combs that are up to 2 inches in diameter making it capable of binding both thin and thick booklets.
- The punching mechanism on this device is really impressive: it can punch up to 25 sheets of regular bond paper per lift. With this kind of punching capacity, you will be able to finish your work a lot faster.
- The CM has one of the most sought-after features a comb binding machine can have: disengageable dies. As previously noted, this device has an open throat so that combined with the fully disengageable punching pins, it is possible for you to punch and bind professional-looking documents with virtually any length of binding edge.
- The adjustable depth of punch control is another popular feature and the CM has that one as well. This feature ensures that the punched holes are the correct distance from the edge of the paper. This feature comes in really handy when binding extremely small or extremely large documents.
- The CM is made entirely out of metal so it can stand up to heavy-duty punching and binding. It has a rather roomy chip tray that won't need to be emptied very often.
- Akiles designed this product to be a smaller, lower-cost version of their Megabind machines. It's great that a company would design a product with the goal of saving customers money. This CM goes for about $420.00 so it's a very affordable product.
- Although all-metal construction is a wonderful feature to have in a binding device, it does make the CM rather heavy. It weighs over 40 pounds so it is a little bit difficult to transport.
- Also, the CM is rather industrial-looking due to its construction. It's not ugly but it's not really that attractive either.
- This device lacks a U-shaped handle, which is not only ergonomically friendly, it enables left-handed users to use this particular unit more easily.
- The CM is a manual device. If you need an electric machine with the same capabilities as the CM, you should look at the Akiles AlphaBind-CE, which is electric.
- This system has a twelve inch punching throat. If you are going to need to bind very many legal sized documents you will probably want to consider stepping up to the Megabind series of machines. However, this system should be more than adequate for binding letter size, half size and A4 sized documents.
The Akiles AlphaBind-CM is a great product to get if you need a heavy-duty comb binding machine with high-end features such as disengageable dies. The price is just right and the device is so well-built, you will be able to punch and bind with it for years.