- Made in Germany: All HSM Classic & Securio Models are Made in Germany. Precision Engineering. TAA Compliant.
- Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders: Cutting Heads are Manufactured from 100% Steel. Maintains High Cutting Capabilities While Using Less Energy. V-groove Technology Ensures Precise Cutting.
- Cutting Cylinder Lifetime Warranty: Lifetime Warranty on Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders. Patented "V-Tek" Cutting Groove Technology. Higher Cutting Capacity. Lower Power Requirements.
- Continuous Duty Motor: Allows for Continual Shredding with no Down Time. Longer Run Time Resulting in Reduced Labor Cost. Increasing Productivity.
- Zero Energy Stand-By: Consumes no Power While the Machine is in Stand-by Mode.
- Quiet Operation: Cutting System Engineered to Reduce Decibel Levels When Running. Lower Noise Level Whether Running Idol or Shredding Paper.
- TAA Compliant: Machine is manufactured in a country compliant with the Trade Act Agreement.
- Enclosed Gear Boxes: Totally Enclosed Gear Box Helps Reduce Noise and Prevents Failure from Dust and Debris Getting into the Gears.
- Order number: HSM1286
- EAN Code: 4026631020268
- Shredder material: Paper, CD/DVD, Paper Clip and Credit/Store Cards
- Cutting type: Strip Cut
- Security level (DIN 66399): P-2 (Old Level 2)
- Security level (DIN 32757-1): 2
- Cutting width: 1/4 in
- Intake width: 9.5 in
- Container volume: 8.7 gal
- Cutting capacity: 22 - 24 sheets
- Noise level (idle operation): 59 dB
- Power consumption of the motor: 440 W
- Voltage: 120 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Depth: 11 in
- Width: 14 7/10 in
- Height: 23 in
- Weight: 25 lb
- Colour: Light Grey
- Driving power: 0.59 kW
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let’s take a look at HSM’s Classic 104.3 document shredder. Available both in strip and cross cut, a finger guard and dust covering covers the opening, hardened steel cutting cylinders are built to last and can handle occasional standard paperclips or staples. Depending upon strip or cross-cut pattern, this machine can handle 12 – 22 sheets of 20-pound paper. It has built in auto-start and stop and should there be a jam, simply hit the reverse button, pull out your document and start again. It has an 8.7 gallon bin below with a view window to see how things are filling up. The strip-cut model can handle CDs and DVDs the cross-cut cannot. Strip shredding is at a level 2 and the cross-cut shredding is at level 3 security and the motor automatically shuts off when the door is opened. That’s the HSM Classic 104.3. For more demos, reviews and how to’s, check out MyBinding.com.
HSM 104.3 Level 2 Strip Cut Office Paper Shredder Review
The HSM 104.3 Strip Cut Shredder is designed for deskside use in a professional office where shredding needs are high. Available in two different models, this strip cut shredder is built for functionality and convenience. With automatic features for simple use and powerful blades to slice documents into narrow strips, the 104.3 is an efficient way to shred your unwanted items. Let's take a closer look at this shredder.
- Standing less than 15 inches high, this device can sit tidily under your desk for instant access. And since it only weighs about 25 pounds, it's easy to move around if needed.
- A single on/off/reverse switch controls use of the machine. The opening is protected by a safety shield. A photoelectric sensor detects papers in the feed and turns on the blades. The sensor stops the blades when everything is through, as well as when the shred bin is full or removed. When not in use, the motor sits in a standby mode without consuming energy. If a paper jam occurs, the reverse helps to clear them by releasing overfed paper.
- The motor utilizes a powerful drive system for higher performance and longer use. Thermal protection keeps it from overheating. The engine also runs quieter than most shredders, only producing about 59 decibels of sound. That equals about the sound of a normal conversation happening one yard away.
- This shredder comes in two different models, a ¼" strip cut and 1/8" strip cut. The ¼" model takes in up to 19 sheets while the 1/8" only takes in about 15 pages through the 9.5" feed slot. Materials, including staples, paperclips, and credit cards, are shred as fast as 16 feet per minute.
- Thin, illegible strips fall into an 8.7 gallon waste container. The bin tilts out from the shredder to allow the addition of non-sensitive waste, doubling as a recycling receptacle. A window on the front displays the amount of shreds collected.
- This product is covered by a two year warranty on parts and labor. The cutting cylinders carry a 20 year warranty.
- Although this machine is designed for high performance, it doesn't offer a continuous duty motor. For high volumes of shredding, you may have to periodically wait while your machine cools down. In smaller office with fewer users or less shredding, this might not be a problem. But larger offices will want a device with a more powerful motor.
- Though the strips produced are unreadable, they only earn a level 2 security rating. For general all-purpose office shredding, this is perfectly fine. However, any confidential items need to go through at least a level three cross cut machine, such as the 104.3cc Cross Cut Shredder.
Overall, the HSM 104.3 Strip Cut Shredder is a great machine for personal deskside use. It could also work well as a shared machine between a few users. Automatic features offer ease of operation while the speeds and capacities create an efficient device. With a quiet run motor and a warranty backing, this machine is reliably convenient. We think the HSM 104.3 is a great choice for your next personal shredder.
You Save: 61%
You Save: 63%
You Save: 22%
You Save: 59%