- This professional shredder is ideal for central location in a small busy office. It shreds credit cards with ease.
- Automatic start/stop control via electronic eye.
- Reverse button to release overfed paper.
- Auto stop and container full indicators.
- Crosscut models can cut up to approximately 14 sheets per run; Strip cut: up to 24 sheets per run (see specifications).
- Hardened steel cutters can handle occasional standard paper clips or staples.
- Can shred credit cards in addition to paper!
- Powerful, specially adjusted drive for high performance, and for longer periods of use; motor with thermal protection.
- The tried-and-tested closed-tooth wheel drive prevents penetration of dirt and slows wear, increasing the service life.
- Enclosed housing protects against the spread of paper dust and provides for "whisper quiet" shredding.
- Shred Size: 1/4"
- Security Level: P-2 (Old Level 2)
- Capacity: 17-19
- Feed Width: 9.5"
- Speed: 16 ft./min.
- Motor: 440 W 115 V/60 Hz
- Waste Bin: 12.7 gallons
- Weight: 42 lbs..
- Dimensions: 15.8" x 10.7" x 28.6"
- Warranty: 20 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Cutting Cylinders, 2 Years on Parts and Labor
Reviewed on 4/13/2017
Compared to our former shredders this one is quiet. The strips are a little bit wide, however the last time I check there was no government regulation on how small you had to shred documents before placing them in the trash. I first one was damaged in shipment, but the return process went smooth and the second one worked great. The true test will be time. How long will it last?
Reviewed on 4/13/2017
This unit is capable of shredding number of sheets stated- quiet and 13 gal trash liners work geat. Was able to shred letter size unopened documents without a problem. Runs quiet... and would recommend this shredder for medium office use, continuously ran for an hour with changes to trash bag in between to clear the bin. It stops when bin gets full. Works great and be sure to use oil as recommended in instruction book. For the price and free shipping, this is an excellent machine.
Welcome to MyBinding video. Let’s have a look at HSM’s Classic 108.2 document shredder. There’s a simple forward and reverse toggle switch on the top and a nice 10 inch wide mouth opening, perfect for large and small documents. LED lights lets you know the power is on and whether or not the door is open. The shred capacity on the 108.2 matters whether it’s a strip-cut or a cross-cut, both options are available and the shred range goes from 12 – 22 sheets of 20-pound paper. Both can handle staples, paperclips and credit cards but when it comes to CDs and DVDs, the strip-cut model only. Its induction-hardened steel cutting rollers are made to last and if you have a jam, simply hit the reverse button, back it out and start it again. The waste basket is accessed from the front and has a whopping 20 gallons in size. The strip-cut model is level 2, cross-cut level 3 in security. That is the Classic 108.2 by HSM. For more demos, reviews and how to’s, check out MyBinding.com.
HSM 108.2 Level 2 Strip Cut Office Paper Shredder Review
The HSM 108.2 Strip Cut is a great mobile, entry level machine for use in busy offices. Built for moderate shredding needs, it works well in a central location for shared use between multiple people. With automated features and a display panel, this machine is simple to use. Here is a closer look at the details of the 108.2 Strip Cut Shredder.
Overall, operation of this machine is automated. After switching the shredder on, it sits in a standby mode without consuming electricity. As items are inserted through the safety shielded opening, a sensor turns the blades on to shred and off when finished. If a paper jam happens, simply switch your machine into reverse to release the overfed paper. LED indicator lights keep you aware of your shredders status at all times.
The powerful motor utilizes a specially adjusted closed-tooth drive system for higher performance and extended shredding periods. The tried and true system prevents dirt penetration and slows down wear, which in turn increases the service life. The entire unit is enclosed to prevent dust spread and offers "whisper quiet" operation, running at about the same noise level as a washing machine.
The 9.5 inch opening accepts up to 19 sheets at once, including staples, paperclips, credit cards, and CDs. The blades shred at 16 feet per minute, churning out