- Made in Germany: All HSM Classic & Securio Models are Made in Germany. Precision Engineering. TAA Compliant.
- Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders: Cutting Heads are Manufactured from 100% Steel. Maintains High Cutting Capabilities While Using Less Energy. V-groove Technology Ensures Precise Cutting.
- Cutting Cylinder Lifetime Warranty: Lifetime Warranty on Solid Steel Cutting Cylinders. Patented "V-Tek" Cutting Groove Technology. Higher Cutting Capacity. Lower Power Requirements.
- Zero Energy Stand-By: Consumes no Power While the Machine is in Stand-by Mode.
- Quiet Operation: Cutting System Engineered to Reduce Decibel Levels When Running. Lower Noise Level Whether Running Idol or Shredding Paper.
- TAA Compliant: Machine is manufactured in a country compliant with the Trade Act Agreement.
- Enclosed Gear Boxes: Totally Enclosed Gear Box Helps Reduce Noise and Prevents Failure from Dust and Debris Getting into the Gears.
- Order number: HSM1081
- EAN Code: 4026631024648
- Shredder material: Paper and Paper Clips
- Cutting type: Strip Cut
- Security level (DIN 66399): P-2 (Old Level 2)
- Security level (DIN 32757-1): 2
- Cutting width: 1/4 in
- Particle length: 1 3/8 in
- Intake width: 9 in
- Container volume: 4.5 gal
- Cutting capacity: 10 - 12 sheets
- Noise level (idle operation): 62 dB
- Power consumption of the motor: 120 W
- Voltage: 120 V
- Frequency: 60 Hz
- Depth: 7 4/5 in
- Width: 12 in
- Height: 16 in
- Weight: 8 lb
- Colour: Light Grey
- Driving power: 0.16 kW
HSM 80.2 Level 2 Strip Cut Compact Paper Shredder Review
Just about every home or small office could benefit from a personal shredder. But with so many fancy ones on the market, it can be hard to know exactly what you need. The HSM 80.2 offers basic shredding capabilities great for junk mail and other unwanted documents. Its small design won't take up too much space in your office and it is very easy to use. Here are the pros and cons of this device.
Standing slightly over a foot tall, this petite machine can tidily sit under your desk for easy accessibility. And it only weighs about eight pounds, so it would be simple to move if needed.
After switching the machine on, it sits in a stand-by mode without consuming electricity. As you place papers in the feed, the device senses them and the blades begin shredding on cue, stopping when finished. The automatic stop is also triggered by a full waste bin. If a paper jam happens, you can reverse the clogged items back out to you for re-feeding.
Though not designed for continuous run, it uses a powerful closed-tooth drive system for high performance. The time-tested system prevents dirt from entering the engine, slowing wear and tear and increasing longevity of life. The motor is protected against overheating by a thermal fuse but may need periodic cool down times. It is also quiet, running about 62 decibels. That's approximately equal to the sound level of a normal conversation.
This shredder comes in two different models. One creates 1/4" strips and takes in 7-9 sheets at once. The other makes 1/8" slices and takes between 5 and 7 sheets at one time. Both can shred paperclipped and stapled documents through a 8.9" throat. Items are processed at a rate of 16 feet per minute.
Thin, unreadable strips fall into a 4.5 gallon waste bin. The container has an additional opening for the easy disposal of non-confidential waste, allowing the bin to double as a recycling receptacle.
HSM provides a one year warranty on parts with 180 days of coverage for labor.
Though the strips created are illegible, they only earn a level 2 security rating. This is perfectly adequate for generic all-purpose shredding. However, anything confidential should go through a cross cut machine. The 80.2cc is comparable to this model and offers medium security.
The motor isn't built for continuous operation. For every short period of heavy use, the motor will need to cool down to avoid overheating. While this isn't normally a long process, offices with higher shredding needs may prefer a model with a more powerful motor.
Five to nine sheets at 16 feet per minute isn't very much. For light personal use, this is completely normal and won't cause issues. But for use between more than a few people or heavy shredding by one person, a larger machine would be better.
The HSM 80.2 is a great option suitable for basic personal shredding needs. Operation is simplified by the many automated features. With swift steel blades to slice all your unwanted paperwork and a waste bin that doubles for recycling, this is both an efficient and convenient device to have around your desk. We think the HSM 80.2 is an excellent choice for your next low security shredder.
You Save: 61%
You Save: 60%
You Save: 54%
You Save: 58%