- Automatically feeds, folds and collects a stack of documents from 4" x 4" to 12" x 18".
- Handles paper weights from 18 lb. to 135 lb index, 60GSM to 244GSM.
- Adjustable 1st fold range of 2" and 11.5" .
- Adjustable 2nd fold range 1.5" x 5.75" allowing for customized folds.
- Large rubber rollers provide consistent paper feeding.
- Professional tight fold.
- Durable conveyor belts creat easy-to-handle, fanned stacks.
- Creates seven different fold types: Letter, Z-fold, Half, Double-Parallel, Gate, Engineering and Church fold.
- Folding Capacity: 10,300 sheets per hour
- Feed Tray Capacity: up to 250 sheets
- Electrical: 115v/230
- Dimensions: 21.25" W x 17" D x 13"
- Weight: 59 lbs
- Manual Paper Feed: up to 5 sheets
The Martin Yale 1217A is great for use in quick-print shops, copy centers, large mail rooms, offices, businesses, schools, churches and anywhere high volume and versatility are important. Automatically feeds, folds and collects. Feed tray holds up to 250 sheets of paper. Operates at a speed up to 10,300 sheets per hour. Adjustable fold range for customized folds. Creates six different fold types – letter, half, Z-fold, double parallel, right angle and baronial. Handles sheet sizes from 3 ½” x 4” to 11 ¾” x 18”. Folded material emerges on conveyor belts, creating easy to handle fanned stacks. Simple adjustment for 8 ½” x 11”, 8 ½” x 14” and 11” x 17” paper. Handles 16- to 120-pound index. The Martin Yale 1217A is great for use anywhere high volume and versatility are important.
Martin Yale 1217A Autofolder 12" x 17" Paper Folding Machine Review
Many offices today are taking advantage of the convenience offered by paper folding machines. The Martin Yale 1217A offers the robust folding strength needed for high volume usage while still being simple to operate. This heavy duty machine is perfect for use in medium to large mail rooms, churches, offices, copy centers and schools. Durable, all metal construction offers quality craftsmanship backed by warranty. Let's take a closer look.
- This device is easy to use. Paper is automatically fed, folded and collected after placement in the feed tray. Large rubber rollers ensure consistent feeding of the plates and precise folds. Items emerge in neatly fanned stacks on a durable conveyor belt.
- Paper jams are easily cleared by simple removable tablets. This is one of the few folders that offer a reversible motor to unclog jammed paper by running the plates backward.
- A large, readable paper guide allows simple and accurate adjustment of the fold plates. Clearly marked placement for letter and legal size paper as well as 11" x 17" further ensures precise plate placement. Customizable folds are adjustable within a range of 2" and 11-1/2" on the first fold and from 1-1/2" to 5-3/4" on the second. The second pass, if needed, is 100% adjustable.
- Six standard folds are easily produced by the paper guide, including "C", "Z", single, double parallel, baronial, and right angle folds. A manual bypass offers the re-insertion of folded items for a second fold, such as needed with right angle folds.
- A fanned stack of up to 250 sheets can sit in the feed tray. A manual entry also accepts multiple sheets, either stapled or loose, for combined folding. Documents are folded as fast as 10,300 sheets per hour. The feed table accepts items ranging from 16lb bond to 120lb index in sizes as small as 3-1/2" x 4" and as large as 12" x 18".
- Martin Yale offers a one year limited warranty on this product.
- This machine needs to be manually set up. While large, clearly marked guides are available to help you, this is still a tedious and often difficult task. Offices mainly using one fold style or needing infrequent changes may not be bothered by this. But if your company will often need multiple fold styles, we suggest you save yourself the hassle and invest in an automatically adjusted paper folder.
- Glossy paper is not recommended to be folded by this device. If your office doesn't use this medium often, you might not even notice this downside. However, businesses that commonly use specialty material, such as glossy or photo paper, should consider a machine designed to handle these items, such as the 959AF.
Overall, this is a great high performance folder for any office. The speed of the fold plates can save you both time and money; this machine will eventually pay for itself. It is especially useful for billing centers, credit card companies, or other businesses needing to send out statements or invoices. The Martin Yale 1217A is an excellent choice for your next office paper folder.
You Save: 10%
You Save: 10%
You Save: 10%
You Save: 10%