MBM DestroyIt 4002 Strip Cut Paper Shredder - DSH0391
- Quiet and powerful single phase motor (1 3/4 maximum horsepower) rated for continuous operation
- Fully enclosed, dust proof gearbox housing
- High quality wooden cabinet mounted on casters
- Pull-out bag frame mechanism mounted on rollers for easy replacement of disposable shred bags
- 53 Gallon Bin Capacity
- Strip Width: 1/4"
- Sheet Capacity: 32-35 sheets
- Shred Speed: 30 ft / min.
- Security Level: P-2 (Old Level 2)
- Feed Opening: 16"
- Max. Horsepower: 1 3/4
- Dimensions: 23 1/4" D x 25 1/4" W x 38 1/4" H
- Weight: 220 lbs
- lifetime limited warranty on cutting shafts and wheels
- 3 year limited warranty on all other parts, excluding wearables
- 100 day limited warranty on labor or exchange at MBM's discretion
MBM Corporation presents the DestroyIt 4002 Centralized Office Model Business Shredder with automatic function and a 16-inch feed opening. Our innovative easy switch control element ensures simple and intuitive operation. The quiet, very powerful 1 ¾ hp single-phase motor with twin-drive system provides a shred capacity of up to 35 sheets in the strip-cut version and up to 26 sheets in the cross-cut. Any strip or cross-cut version is suitable for the destruction of CDs and DVDs. The ECC Electronic Capacity Control indicator ensures continuous and efficient shredding. Our precision cutting shafts are constructed entirely of high-grade hardened steel and are backed by a lifetime warranty. Safety features include an electronically controlled transparent safety shield in the feed opening. It is part of the SPS safety package which sets the standard when it comes to operational safety. With a 53-gallon shred volume, the pull-out back frame with roller mechanism allows neat and easy removal of the full bag. The 4002 also comes with an environment friendly energy saving mode. DestroyIt – Quality Made in Germany.
MBM DestroyIt 4002 Strip Cut Paper Shredder Review
The MBM DestroyIt 4002 Strip-Cut Shredder is a high-volume shredder designed for a heavy workload in a busy office setting. Here are a few of the strengths and weaknesses of the MBM DestroyIt 4002 Strip-Cut Shredder.
- The 4002 Strip Cut is a powerful shredder that boasts some capabilities that are impressive indeed. The 1.75 horsepower motor is rather effective, allowing for the shredding of 35 sheets of paper per pass, and is rated for continuous use. As with all of MBM's DestroyIt shredders, the 4002 Strip Cut has cutting heads that are made of a specially hardened German steel that chews right through any paper clips and staples. These high quality cutting heads allow you to save the time and effort of removing fasteners and MBM guarantees them for the life of the shredder. The MBM DestroyIt 4002 Strip Cut also handles credit cards without a problem, and most impressively, can also shred CDs and DVDs. We especially appreciate this ability for the modern office where you don't always know how to properly discard certain types of media.
- The throat width is an extra wide 16 inches which makes it easy to shred larger sized sheets of paper such as green bar computer paper, as well as all of the most common (letter and legal) sized sheets.
- The Destroyit 4002 Strip Cut's control button provides a wealth of information. MBM designed it to be large, easy to see and understand. The different modes are coded by color and are extremely well-lit so you'll always know what the machine's status is. There are electronic cells in the throat opening which allows the user to put the machine into auto mode. That means the machine will start up when the cells detect that there is paper in the throat and stops when the job is finished. In other words, you can just put paper in the machine and walk away to other tasks.
- If you've ever read any of our shredder reviews, you know we always take a good hard look at the safety features that are offered, and we rather like those of the 4002 Strip-Cut. There is a plastic guard/bar that runs the length of the feed opening that's electronically controlled, and keeps any hands, fingers, or any other objects safely away from the cutting heads. There's also an auto reverse in case of an overfeed, and power cut off during paper jams, when the cabinet door is open, and when the waste receptacle is full.
- Another thing we can always appreciate about a shredder - especially one that is designed for use in a busy centralized office setting, is the noise factor. The 4002 Strip-Cut excels in this regard as well. The gears are encased, which seems to help a lot, and the wood cabinet (which we really like the looks of, by the way) seems to soak up a lot of the rest of the sound.
- Other things we liked about the 4002 Strip-Cut were the extra large 53-gallon bin, and the heavy duty casters for moving the shredder around the office.
- The 4002 Strip-Cut is a beast, and can handle a lot of work. Our only problem with it is that it is a strip cut shredder, and we greatly prefer the security of cross cut. Laws passed by congress in 2005 require businesses to destroy certain types of information in a cross cut shredder, so it's not just a matter of common sense. If you need higher security with all the features of the 4002 Strip-Cut (albeit at a slightly lower sheet capacity), we strongly encourage you to take a look at the cross-cut version of the Destroyit 4002, which is generally identically priced.
- This is a large shredder and it must be shipped by truck. You will need to be sure that you have a way to get it off the truck and into your facility. If you don't have a loading dock at your office you will need to be sure to ask for a liftgate and inside delivery.
Compare to Similar Shredders
|Model Name||Destroyit 4002||Destroyit 2503||Destroyit 3104||Destroyit 3804|
|Strip Width||6 mm (1/4")||4 mm (3/16")||4 mm (3/16")||6 mm (1/4")|
|Shred Speed||30 ft./min.||24 ft./min.||18 ft./min.||20 ft./min.|
|Shred Capabilities||Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs||Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs||Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs||Paper Clips, Credit Cards, CDs/DVDs|
|Shred Volume||44 gal||20 gal||32 gal||44 gal|
|Feed Opening||16"||10 1/4"||12"||16"|
|Electrical Requirements||115 V||115 V||115 V||115 V|
|Maximum Horsepower||1 3/4||3/4||1||1|
|Dimensions (D x W x H)||23 1/4" x 25 1/4" x 38 1/4"||14 3/4" x 19 3/4" x 34 1/4"||18 1/2" x 21" x 36 1/2"||23 1/4" x 25 1/4" x 38 1/4"|