- High powered 3 phase motor rated for continuous operation
- Fully enclosed, dust-proof gearbox housing
- Large shred compartment with easy-access door located in back of machine
- Pull-out bag frame mechanism mounted on rollers for easy replacement of disposable shred bags
- 79 gallon bin capacity
- Automatic stop when shred bag is full or when cabinet door is opened
- Thermal switch prevents overheating
- Mounted on heavy duty casters
- Particle Size : 1/4 " x 2"
- Sheet Capacity: 65-82 sheets
- Shred Speed: 53 ft / min.
- Security Level: P-3 (Old Level 3)
- Feed Opening: 16"
- Max. Horsepower: 8
- Dimensions: 67" D x 48 3/4 " W x 56 3/4 " H
- Weight: 983 lbs
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer on Shafts and Wheels, 1 Year on Parts
MBM Destroyit 4107 High Capacity Cross Cut Paper Shredder Review
If your organization needs high-volume shredding, you may have been considering and in-house system rather than trusting your secure documents to a shredding service. If you have the resources, the high capacity Destroyit 4107 is without a doubt one of the best machines on the market. Here, we will take a closer look at this high-capacity shredder, and give you what we see as some of its strengths and weaknesses.
- We appreciated that the Destroyit 4107 comes with removable side tables. This means that you have the option of having the extra work space when you are using the machine, and is great for working in teams, with one person feeding the shredder while the other piles documents on the side table.
- The control panel could not be more easy to use, with separate buttons for forward, stop and reverse. The conveyor belt operation is simple.
- Safety is vital with such a powerful machine, and we were impressed with the safety measures included on the Destroyit 4107. First of all there is a lock and key, meaning that the machine can't be run unless the key is in and turned. There is also a large and plainly visible main switch, and an emergency stop button. We also appreciated that the 4107 also featured an automatic reverse and power cut off in the unlikely event of a paper jam, and well-lit optical indicators to show the user the machine's operational status.
- The 4107 is a monster of a shredder, and can handle compact discs, VHS tapes, crumpled-up paper, and even hardbound books and documents. Destroyit also provides purchasers with a lifetime warranty on the cutting shafts, which is pretty impressive when you consider what a high-volume, high-capacity machine the 4107 is.
- A centrally located, easy access oiling mechanism makes the cutting head of the 4107 quick and easy to maintain. We thought that this was a very handy feature, as with this kind of high-volume shredding, proper oiling is key.
- The motor of the 4107 is extremely powerful. It operates in 3 phases, and is rated for continuous use. There is also a thermal switch which prevents the machine from overheating.
- The shred bag is easy to get to, located in the back of the machine, and holds an impressive 79 gallons. As an added safety feature, the cutting heads will stop automatically when the bag is full or if someone opens the door to the cabinet.
- The 4107 comes with heavy duty casters, which is incredibly useful if you ever need to move the machine around, especially when you consider that is weighs in at 983 pounds.
- While the 4107 can shred just about any kind of paper you might want to give it, unlike its big brother, the 5009, it can't shred 3-ring binders. This just adds the step of taking the paper out of the binders, however, and perhaps is is more environmentally friendly to reuse them, anyway.
- Also, unlike the 5009, there is only one speed for shredding both small amounts of paper and large. This is also not a big deal, it just means that you may occasionally feel there is a bit of overkill.