- Model NameModelLamination ThicknessLaminating WidthWarm Up TimeLamination SpeedReverse FunctionHeating MethodTemperature RangeDimensionsPower ConsumptionWarranty
- TCC600010mil13" (330mm)5 minutes38" / min.Yes6 RollersAdjustable Temperature25" x 14" x 9"1000W1 Year
- TCC16010mil6"5 minutes26" / min.Yes4 Rollers77 F - 320 F (25 C - 160 C)15" x 12" x 8"300W1 Year
- TCC23010mil9"5 minutes26" / min.Yes4 Rollers77 F - 320 F (25 C - 160 C)19" x 12" x 8"380W1 Year
- TCC33010mil13"5 minutes26" / min.Yes4 Rollers77 F - 320 F (25 C - 160 C)22" x 12" x 8"470W90 Day
- SM33010mil13"6 minutes14" / min.Yes4 Rollers77 F - 320 F (25 C - 160 C)23" x 10" x 7"300W90 Day
Tamerica / Tashin TCC230 9" Heavy Duty Laminator
- 9" Laminating Width.
- Laminates up to 10Mil Pouches.
- Adjustable Temperature.
- Laminates up to 26"/min.
- 4 Silicon rollers.
- 5-min. warm up time.
- Reverse / Anti-jam Mechanism.
- For Moderate Use.
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty.
- Lamination Thickness: 10mil
- Laminating Width: 9"
- Warm Up Time: 5 minutes
- Lamination Speed: 26" / min.
- Reverse Function: Yes
- Heating Method: 4 Rollers
- Temperature Range: 77 F - 320 F (25 C - 160 C)
- Shipping Length : 19
- Shipping Width: 12
- Shipping Height: 8
- Shipping (Web) Weight: 21 lbs
- Power Consumption: 380W
- Manufacturer's Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
Tamerica TCC230 Heavy-Duty Laminator Review
Tamerica manufactures many pouch laminators including the heavy-duty TCC230. It's a device that may be good fit for you, depending on your needs. Let's see what kind of grade it gets so you can tell if it's the right machine for you.
The TCC230 is a good choice if you want to laminate small items (i.e. bookmarks, name tags, etc.) as well as letter- and legal-sized documents (8.5" x 11" and 8.5" x 14"). It has a 9-inch feed opening that can easily accommodate these types of items, so you'll have a total laminating solution on your hands.
This is also a good machine to use if you want the best possible results every time you laminate. This device has four rollers that will make all of your documents look their best. The rollers not only distribute heat so the adhesive can melt, but they'll also prevent your work from imperfections such as heat marks.
The TCC230 has the ability to warm up very quickly. It will be ready for use in just 3.5 to 4.5 minutes, so you'll be able to get started right away. Your documents will be processed quickly as well because this machine can take care of a 2.17-foot document in just one minute.
Laminating pouches come in a variety of thicknesses, typically from 3 to 10 mil. (A mil is the equivalent of 1/1000th of an inch. The more mils a pouch has, the more sturdy your document will be after it's laminated. ) The TCC230 is compatible with pouches with the above-mentioned thicknesses, so you'll always be able to select just the right pouch for whatever you're laminating.
One of the drawbacks of using the TCC230 is that it doesn't have a cold lamination setting. It operates at temperatures ranging from 77 to 320 degrees Fahrenheit. (Or 25 to 160 degrees, if you prefer the Celsius scale.) Therefore, you can't use pressure-sensitive pouches with it. You should also avoid laminating items that could be damaged by the heat, such as photographs.
This machine won't take up too much room because its dimensions are 19.3" (width) x 12.4" (depth) x 7" (height). It should fit on your work surface without any problems.
The TCC230 has metal parts so you can be sure it's durable and will be able to withstand a lot of use. It would be a great machine to get if you think you'll need to laminate frequently and desire a heavy-duty device.
You can choose to use a carrier - or not - when using this device. However, there isn't really an advantage to not using a carrier and doing so can keep the rollers from getting coated with adhesive.
Final grade: B+. The Tamerica TCC230 would be a natural choice if you need a heavy-duty laminator for working with items that are 9 inches wide or less. You'll be pleased at how great your documents look and how quickly they're processed. Just be aware that this device lacks a cold setting, so there are some items that shouldn't be used with it. As long as that's acceptable, you'll find that the TCC230 will be a good fit for your laminating needs.