- Adjustable Hydraulic Clamp. Clamping pressure is fully adjustable between 1,900 and 3,800 psi.
- Electronic Hand Wheel. The electronic hand wheel, with infinitely variable speed control, is used for manual back gauge positioning.
- Easy Cut Blade Activation Bars. Patented EASY CUT blade activation bars ensure true, two-hand operation and allow blade and clamp to be activated independently.
- Large 7-inch Touch Pad Extremely convenient: Programmable control module for the power backgauge with multi-lingual touch pad. 99 programs with 99 steps in each program can be stored.
- Tool Holder. Convenient, drop-in tool holder is located on the rear of the machine and keeps all tools necessary for routine maintenance (including blade changes) within reach.
- Swing Cut Blade. The German high speed steel blade with swing cut movement provides the highest level of cutting accuracy.
- Cutting Width: 25 1/2"
- Cutting Height : 3"
- Narrow Cut : 7/8"
- Cutting Length Behind Blade: 24"
- Table Length in Front of Blade: 16 1/4"
- Motor: 2 hp
- Power Supply: 115 V, 60 Hz
- Dimensions:49 3/4" x 39 1/4" x 48 1/4"
- Shipping Weight: 801 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty
MBM Corporation presents the Triumph Cutters 4810D, 4850D, 4850EP and 6550EP. The machines in the 48 model line have a cutting width of 18-7/8 inches and a cutting height of 3 inches. The 4810D with an electric blade drive and a manual spindle clamping system also has a safety lock and key, a main switch and a hinge transparent safety guard for the front table. These features are all part of the SCS safety cutting system. This cutter’s cutting length is 17-11/16 inches. The two side guides on both the front and rear tables are especially helpful for the exact positioning of the paper. The hand crank allows users to adjust the precise spindle guided back gauge quickly and easily to the required cutting position. The optical cutting line with bright and durable LEDs allows quick and convenient cutting and trimming. The disengage mechanism on the crank prevents the measurement from being accidentally altered. The clamp pressure of the manual spindle clamp which is guided on both sides can be individually adjusted by the large hand wheel for different paper qualities. If the clamp and the electronically controlled safety cover are close, the cut is actuated by two push buttons. This electronically controlled true two-hand operation ensures top safety for the operator. Our blades are made of high-quality steel for a perfect cut every time. The 4850D with its electric blade drive and automatic clamp is extraordinarily easy to operate. The automatic clamp can be moved up and down independent of the blade by actuating the corresponding push buttons. When a cut is started, both the blade and the clamp are activated at the same time. The 4850EP combines all the features of the previous models plus a programmable power back gauge which ensures optimum work flow. Ninety-nine programs with 99 steps each are available in the program mode. Alternatively, the power back gauge can be positioned over the control module by using the keypad or the memory function for repeat cuts. What’s more, the back gauge can be manually positioned using the electronic hand wheel with infinitely variable speed control and an accuracy of 100th of an inch. This model is also available with the 6550EP with a cutting width of 25-1/2 inches and a cutting length of 24 inches. The SCS safety cutting system developed especially for our cutters provides safety even when the machine is not in operation. For instance, the blade depth can be easily adjusted from outside the machine. You can change the blade without removing the machine covers. Our blade changing device covers the cutting edge to make blade changing safe and easy. All these cutters are powered by a single-phase motor. Depending on individual customer requirements, we supply the perfect solution for the exact cutting and trimming of paper stacks or bound brochures. For more information, please check out www.mbmcorp.com. Triumph – "Quality Made in Germany."
MBM Triumph 6655 Electric Programmable Paper Cutter Review
- The MBM Triumph 6655 electric paper cutter is designed for heavy duty cutting applications where strength, accuracy and safety are essential.
- The 6655 is a fully programmable paper cutter with an electric back gauge, and a great set of safety feature. It is a fully featured paper cutter and is actually the paper cutter that we use here in our own production department.
- This review will take a quick look at the strengths, weaknesses and construction of the 6655.
- The MBM Triumph 6655 is extremely easy to use and accurate. You simply type in size that you want to cut on the small keypad and the backgauge of the cutter will move to the appropriate position. You can move it in increments as small as one onehundredth of an inch and can also set the cutter to operate in metric measurements if necessary. The cutter comes with a convenient wooden tool to help you make sure that your paper is flush against the backgauge and prepared for cutting.
- The 6655 can cut large quantities of paper at one time. It can cut up to three inches of paper at a time without any problem and we frequently use our cutter to cut plastic covers and other materials in large stacks. However, if you decide to cut hard materials and chip your blade you will need to replace it which will cost several hundred dollars.
- The 6655 is also extremely safe. It has a clear plastic guard on the back of the cutter to prevent you from putting your hands into the cutter from behind the blade. It also has a special safety shield that must be in the down position in order to cut and requires two handed operation to activate the cutting mechanism. All of these features help to ensure that the operator of this cutter is always safe and that nobody ever cuts off a finger.
- The 6655 can present some fairly major installation issues if you are not prepared. It weighs 801 pounds and needs to be assembled when it arrives. You have to assemble the stand then place the cutter onto the stand. Make sure that you have enough people to lift the cutter without hurting yourselves. Additionally, the size of the box and the cutter is large enough that you need to make sure that you have a door large enough to fit cutter through. This is especially important for print shops and copy shops who sometimes have limited access and small doorways. Even if you do get the cutter through the door you will need to make sure that you have a 20A dedicated circuit near the cutter to ensure that it gets enough power to do the job.
- In order to maintain high quality cuts with the 6655 you need to make sure that you rotate and replace the cutting sticks with the cutter and keep the blade sharp. It is always a good idea to have an extra blade and several extra cut sticks on hand in case you end up needing them.
- The 6655 offers a 25.5" cutting width. This is great for cutting small format papers and is ideal for master sheets of paper that are in 23" x 35". However, many paper stocks come in 26" x 40" format which is too large to be cut using this cutter. These stocks will need to be precut to a smaller size such as 26" x 20" or 25" x 40 in order to handle them with the 6655.
- The pressure bar for this paper cutter is not adjustable. The pressure can sometimes leave marks in the materials that are being cut. In order to deal with this, you can use a piece of chipboard on the top of your stack of documents to absorb the pressure.
- The MBM Triumph 6655 electric paper cutter is highly accurate, extremely safe and incredibly strong. It is ideal for copy shops, printers, and large organizations that need to do a lot of cutting with incredible precision.
- However, before you buy the 6655 you should really check to make sure that you can fit it through your doors, that you have a crew in place to help you set it up and that you have adequate power in place to run the machine. If you have all of these things, then the Triumph 6655 is probably a good choice for your organization.
- Patented EASY CUT electronic blade activation bars for true two-hand operation.
- Transparent, electronically controlled front safety guard.
- Safety cover on rear table.
- Main switch and safety lock with key.
- 24 volt controls (low voltage).
- Patented IDEAL safety drive.
- Automatic blade and clamp return from every position.
- Disc brake for instant blade stop.
- Blade changing device covers cutting edge of blade.
- Blade depth adjustment from outside of machine.
- Blade and cutting stick can be changed without removing covers.
- Ergonomic, 37 inch working height.
- Electric blade and clamp drive.
- Electric back gauge drive with touchpad for easy programming.
- Digital measurement display (cm or inches) with multilingual operator guidance, accurate to 1/10 mm or 1/100 inch.
- Stores 99 programs with up to 99 steps in each (up to 15 repeat cuts can be integrated as a single step).
- Pre-programmed for standard paper sizes. Memory key for repeat cuts.
- Automatic SET function for reference measurement and EJECT function for pushing out paper.
- Self-diagnostic system with error indication on display.
- Electronic hand wheel with variable speed control for manual back gauge setting.
- Bright, LED optical cutting line.
- Adjustable, spindle guided back gauge with narrow separations and plastic gliders.
- Dual side guides on front and rear tables.
- High quality, German steel blade.
- Solid steel blade carrier and adjustable blade guides.
- All-metal construction.
- Includes stand with storage shelf, easy-access tool holder, and paper blocking tool.
- Optional side tables increase work surface.
- UL and C UL approved.