Xyron 2500 25" Professional Cold Process Laminator - XM2500
- Designers can create posters, displays and mock-ups
- Schools can create posters, banners and signs
- Quickprinters can create drawings, banners and instant lamination
- Retail can create signs, advertisements and POP displays
- Footprint: 18.5" x 28.125" x 15" (47cm x 71.4cm x 38.1cm)
- Document Thickness: Up to 3/16" Thick Foam Board
- Finished Document Width: 25"
- Power Requirements: None
- Actual Machine Dimensions: 34"x23.5"x21.5"
- Actual Machine Weight: 70.95lbs
- Shipping Length: 34"
- Shipping Width: 21.5"
- Shipping Height: 23.5"
- Shipping Weight: 70.95lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- Part Number: XRN2500B
This is a how-to video on how to load or refill the laminating film on your Xyron 2500. Xyron has made it super simple by color-coding the ends of the laminating rolls. After removing the front service tray and the top cover, you will see film loading instructions right on the front there, and you will notice the red and green coding. Just match the colors, roll to slide. A sticker on the end of the roll will let you know if it is for the top or the bottom carriage. Then you just slide both sides in at once until it falls to the bottom. Turning the machine around or ... Read More
Welcome to MyBinding Video
This is a how-to video on how to load or refill the laminating film on your Xyron 2500. Xyron has made it super simple by color-coding the ends of the laminating rolls. After removing the front service tray and the top cover, you will see film loading instructions right on the front there, and you will notice the red and green coding. Just match the colors, roll to slide. A sticker on the end of the roll will let you know if it is for the top or the bottom carriage. Then you just slide both sides in at once until it falls to the bottom. Turning the machine around or walking around to the other side, open the back panel and you load the bottom one in the same fashion, red on red and green on green. Close the door and you are all set. Once you have turned the machine back around, it is time to prime the film.
For this part of the video, we have switched to a different laminating film. That way you can see the white and the clear as different when we talk about the bottom or the top rollers. From the bottom roll, you need to pull a lead out and lay it up over the fence. Then from the top roll, bring the lead down and lay it over those first two bars. You are then going to bring the white, or the bottom film up and over on top of that top roll of film that you've pulled out and this is where we are going to prime it.
But let's watch that whole process again from a different angle. Pull a lead from that bottom roll so it comes out underneath the two silver bars and up over the black fence. Just lay it down as you grab for the top roll. You may need to wind it a little bit to give yourself some lead. Pull it all the way down and across, all the way out and lay it over, on top of those two silver bars. Then pull that bottom film up so it lays flat over, or in front of the clear. Now here comes the priming part: you will need some kind of cardboard or thick card stock or previously laminated item to use as kind of a wedge. You are going to use it to push these two laminating films in between the metal bars and then between the rollers in the back. Be careful to watch your fingers and as soon as you can use that handle, do so. As you bring it through, everything will begin to smooth out. The two laminating rolls will center themselves up and all the wrinkles and bubbles will work themselves out and it will be totally smooth. When the two rolls are all smoothed and primed, you can put your service table right back on and you are back to work.
That is how to load your Xyron 2500. Hope it's been helpful. For more demos, reviews, and how-to's, check our MyBinding.com
Xyron 2500 25" Professional Cold Process Laminator Review
Are you looking for a high-quality cold laminator that can handle items that are up to 25" wide? If so, the Xyron 2500 Professional Cold Process Laminator might be the machine you're looking for. This laminator has a lot going for it and it can give you professional-looking results. Check out its strengths and its couple of minor weaknesses:
- Since the 2500 is a cold laminator, it's perfect for items that could be damaged by heat. These items include photographs and documents printed on an ink-jet printer.
- This device has a 25-inch feed opening so you will be able to process a variety of documents. This is a good machine to use when you're preparing retail displays, mockups, court diagrams, posters, banners, and more. You can even use mounting boards with this device as long as they're not more than 3/16" thick.
- Although this machine is called a laminator, it can also apply adhesive to your materials. You can use this device to both laminate and apply adhesive to the same item which is very convenient and will help you save time.
- Since the 2500 is a cold laminator you don't need to wait for it to warm up. You also won't have to deal with the annoying odors that can sometimes pop up not only from laminating, but from applying spray adhesive. This will give you a more pleasant working environment.
- One of the best things about this laminator is that you won't need to fuss with laminating pouches or rolls of film. Instead, this device uses cartridges that can be swapped out easily. This will definitely help you save time.
- Operating the 2500 is easy. Once you install your cartridge, you can simply insert your item in the feed opening and crank the handle. As you turn the handle, the item will move through the device and laminate and/or adhesive will be applied. It doesn't get much easier than that.
- Finally, the 2500 comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Since this machine can handle items that are up to 25" wide, you will need a fairly large workspace for it. The device's approximate footprint is 19" x 28" x 15".
- Obviously this device isn't a good choice if you want to use thermal laminating film and/or pouches. Luckily, there are plenty of thermal laminators on the market.
The Xyron 2500 Professional Cold Process Laminator is a terrific device and it's recommended if you need something that can handle both small and large materials. This laminator is very versatile and easy to use since it utilizes cartridges instead of pouches or rolls of film. You don't need to wait for this device to heat up, so you will be able to crank out professional-looking work quickly and easily. You can even use mounting boards which will come in handy when you're working on a special project. Just keep in mind that you will need a fair amount of space for this device, especially if you will be working with larger materials. If the 2500 sounds like the right laminator for you, be sure to check it out today.
Tamerica TCC 2700 27" Roll Laminator