Formax OnSite FD 8602cc Cross-Cut Paper Shredder - FD8602CC
- Auto Start/Auto Stop: Optical sensor detects paper and starts operation automatically
- LED Control Panel with Load Indicator
- Door Safety Sensor: Motor stops automatically if cabinet door is opened
- Auto Reverse: In case of paper jam, built-in controls switch motor into reverse to clear jam
- Heat-Treated Steel Cutters: Specially ground for longevity and require minimal oiling
- High Quality Geared Motor: Powerful, efficient AC geared-motor with heavy duty steel gears for high performance and minimal noise
- Extra-wide 16" feed opening
- Continuous-Duty Motor for non-stop operation
- All-Metal Cabinet with casters
- Auto Sensor: When the waste bin is full, the motor stops automatically
- Lifetime Guaranteed Heavy-Duty Waste Bin
- Auto Cleaning: If shred capacity is decreased, press reverse button for 5 seconds and motor will run in reverse for 1 minute
- Oil Indicator: After every 4 hours of use, the control panel LED flashes to suggest oiling cutting blades for optimal performance
- Self-Diagnosis System: Records operation time, number of auto-reverse sequences, volume of paper shredded, and can display information for service technicians
- Thermal overload protection
- Safety Circuit Breaker ensures safe operation
- Accepts staples, paper clips and credit cards
- Manual Function: For shredding small paper or films which can?t be detected by the sensor
- EvenFlow Automatic Oiling System: Lubricates cutting blades for optimal performance
- Cutting Head Lubricating Oil: #8000-10, six 8-ounce bottles per case
- Shredder Bags: Uses #8000-50, case of 100
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on cutting head
- Cutting Style: Cross Cut
- Shred Size: 5/32" x 1-1/5"
- Sheet Capacity: 35 to 37
- Speed: 22 fpm
- Feed Opening: 16"
- Dimensions: 24" W x 20" D x 35" H
- Bin Capacity: 33 gal.
- Weight: 242 lbs.
- Security Level: P-4 (Old Level 3)
- Power Supply: 110V, 50/60 Hz
- Lifetime limited warranty on cutting heads.
- 1-year warranty on all other parts.
- Product Number: FD-8602CC
Formax FD 8902CC Cross Cut Industrial Paper Shredder Review
For industrial amounts of shredding, businesses need a heavy duty machine that can keep up. An ideal solution for this is the Formax FD 8902CC. Offering high capacities and easy to use features, this shredder provides the strength needed while retaining convenience. Let's take a closer look at the powerful 8902CC.
- While many of the features are completely automated, you have the choice between automatic and manual operation. With auto start and stop, items are sensed as they enter the feed and the blades shred on cue. Manual operation simply turns the machine on for constant feeding and works especially well for smaller items and tape. An LED control panel shows current operational status as well as providing user alerts to any issues.
- Although this is an industrial machine, Formax didn't skimp on safety features. Across the front of the machine stretches a wide 18" emergency shut off bar. If someone leans over toward the blades, their weight against the bar will activate the shut off to prevent their hands from accidentally coming into contact with running blades. A safety lock and key ensures that only authorized personnel can use the machine.
- A large worktable around the conveyor belt provides storage for items waiting to be shred. The belt allows you to toss stacks on and let the machine feed itself. The solid steel blades can handle cardboard, tapes, ribbons, entire files, stacks of computer forms, CDs, and magnetic disks for a truly versatile shredder.
- Items slide in through a wide 21 inch feed. Stacks of paper up to 650 sheets can enter at once. Materials are processed at a rapid 35 feet per minute and come out in small pieces only 5/16" by 1-1/2"-3" in size. These paper remnants provide a level 2 security rating that is great for general office shredding.
- The paper chads exit via conveyor belt into a massive 102 gallon mobile shred bin. When the bin is full or the cabinet door is open, a safety shut off cuts power to the motor to prevent accidental injury.
- This product has a one year warranty with lifetime coverage on the blades.
- The pieces created, though cross cut, only offer a low level 2 security rating. This is fine for most office shredding. But any confidential data should go through a level 3 shredder. A comparable device to this with a level 3 rating is the Intimus S16.50 6mm x 15-50mm.
- As with most industrial shredders, this one is extremely heavy. There are casters on the bottom of the shred bin but not the machine itself. We recommend using a heavy duty appliance dolly as well as a few helpers if you need to move it around.
As you can see, the 8902CC is perfect for the high volume shredding needs of any business. Large industries and companies will appreciate the high capacities and fast speeds found on this machine. And with solid steel blades backed by lifetime warranty, you know you're getting a quality product. The convenience and efficiency found on the Formax FD 8902CC make this an excellent choice for your next industrial size shredder.
Compare to Similar Shredders
|Model Name||Formax FD 8602CC||Formax FD 8402CC||Formax FD 8402SC||Formax FD 8502CC||Formax FD 8502SC||Formax FD 8502AF||Formax FD 8602SC||Formax FD 8652CC||Formax FD 8704CC|
|Cutting Type||Cross Cut||Cross Cut||Strip Cut||Cross Cut||Strip Cut||Cross Cut||Strip Cut||Cross Cut||Cross Cut|
|Shred Size||5/32" x 1-1/5"||5/32" x 1-1/5"||1/4"||5/32" x 1-1/5"||5/32"||5/32" x 1-1/5"||1/4"||5/32" x 1 19/32"||5/32" x 1-5/8"|
|Sheet Capacity|| 35 to 37 |
| 24 to 26 |
| 30 to 32 |
| 23 to 25 |
| 20 to 22 |
| Up to 175 sheets (AF) |
22 to 24 sheets (HF)
| 29 to 31 |
| Up to 32 |
| 40 to 45 |
|Speed||22 fpm||33 fpm||30 fpm||35 fpm||33 fpm||35 fpm||30 fpm||Up to 33 fpm||12 fpm|
|Dimensions (W x x H):||24" x 20" x 35"||20" x 20" x 34"||20" x 20" x 34"||24" x 20" x 35"||24" x 20" x 35"||24" x 20" x 35"||24" x 20" x 35"||28" x 24" x 43"||20" x 20" x 36"|
|Bin Capacity||33 gal||28 gal||28 gal||33 gal||33 gal||26 gal||33 gal||53 gal||28 gal|
|Security Level||Level 3 (HIPAA Compliant)||Level 3 (HIPAA Compliant)||Level 2||Level 3 (HIPAA Compliant)||Level 2||Level 3 (HIPAA Compliant)||Level 2||Level 3 (HIPAA Compliant)||Level 3 (HIPAA Compliant)|
|Power Supply||110V, 50/60 Hz||110V, 50/60 Hz||110V, 50/60 Hz||110V, 50/60 Hz||110V, 50/60 Hz||110V, 50/60 Hz||110V, 50/60 Hz||110V, 50/60 Hz||110-120V, 50/60 Hz|