- Effective Punching thickness: 3-5mm dependant on materials
- Operating speed: 120 strokes/minute
- Sheet width: 700mm
- Punching capacity: 4mm
- Max Sheet Width: 700mm
- Length of Unpunched Edge: No Limit
- Maximum Punching Length: 660mm
- Frontlay to Top Perforation: Tools With Fixed Margin: 15mm Max , Tools Without Fixed Margin: No Limit
- Maximum Individual Perforation Size: 45mm
- Stroke Movement: 10mm
- Machine Cycle Speed: 90 strokes/minute
- Depth of Front Table: 380mm
- Depth of Rear Table: 290mm
- Table Height: 900mm
- Electrical Supply/Motor Output: 200V 1 Phase (50Hz) or 380V 3 Phase (50 or 60Hz)
- Tool Change Time: 5 to 10 Minutes Depending on Tools
- Tools: These are supplied in standard lengths of 330mm and can be butted together for wider work. All have removable pins to suit different sizes of paper.
- Maximum Recommended Sheet Punching Thickness: Punching: Wire-O; Multi-O; Spiral Adjustable up to 40 sheets (100gsm)Tear-off perforations and delicate work: 1mm or 10sheets (10mm stroke essential)Index Cutting, Round Cornering: 5-6 mm with 10mm stroke, 10-15mm with 25mm strokeScoring/Clearing: 1mm/5mm
- Dimensions: 950 x 800 x 1150mm
- Packed Dimensions: 1200 x 1200 x 1500
- Weight Net/Gross: 400/470kg
- Part Number: 04JBEPX700
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty on Parts, 90 Days on Labor
James Burn Lhermite EPX 700 Heavy-Duty Punch Review
James Burn makes some of the best heavy-duty punching and binding equipment available. One of their most powerful products is the Lhermite EPX 700 punch. Here's everything you need to know about it to determine if it's what your workplace requires.
The EPX 700 is a punch that can handle more than just paper. This machine is strong enough to process materials as varied as cover stock, some plastics and acetates, and more.
This machine's punching capacity varies on the type of material you're using and what kind of punching pattern you desire. If you're preparing paper for use with a twin-loop wire or color coil binding machine, you'll be able to punch up to 40 sheets at once. If you're working material that need to be perforated or have their corners rounded, you can process anywhere from 1 to 15 millimeters at a time. It just depends on what you're working with.
If you use a special attachment and die set, you'll be able to punch paper that's up to 26" wide. That makes this machine perfect for wide-format documents.
The EPX 700 requires the use of interchangeable dies. It doesn't take very look to swap one die set for another - only a few minutes. That will allow you to stay productive during your busy workday. Also, each die set has disengageable punching heads so you'll be able to work with different sizes of paper. Some of the die sets that are compatible with this machine include the EX380 and EX610 sets. There are also a few adapter kits available if you want to upgrade this device.
This is a very large, powerful device so it's really best suited for binderies, print shops, and so on as opposed to offices. It's terrific for workplaces that demand a heavy-duty punch that can process a lot of material on a regular basis.
Although it's pretty large, the EPX 700 is actually not too difficult to use. It comes with a foot pedal so you'll be able to keep your hands free when processing your paper and other materials.
The EPX 700 has a 90-day warranty on labor whereas parts are covered for an entire year.
Overall, the James Burn Lhermite EPX 700 is an impressive punch and it's one that's highly recommended for high-output environments. This is one of those rare machines that can process both paper and other materials, so you'll have a punch that's capable of just about anything. You'll enjoy this machine's great punching capacity as well as its ability to process paper that's up to 26" long so long as you have the right accessories. Since this device utilizes interchangeable dies, you'll be able to produce hole patterns for a number of different applications including color coil and twin-loop wire binding. The EPX 700 is one of the best heavy-duty punches currently on the market, so be sure to take a look at it if your business requires such as device.