Why should I choose a Cold Laminator?
Jeff McRitchie posted this on Jul 6, 2015
Are you looking for a laminator? If so, you’re probably wondering if you should choose a cold or thermal device. The answer is clear; a cold laminator is the way to go. Here are the five reasons why:
- Cold laminators are definitely more versatile than their thermal counterparts. They can be used to apply adhesive to items so you can make stickers and labels. You can even make magnets with them. Many of them can also laminate one side of a document and apply adhesive to the back. It doesn’t get more versatile than that.
- In general, cold lamination is much easier than thermal processing. Most cold machines can be operated just by inserting your document into the feed opening and then cranking the handle. With a hot device, you need to usually set speed and temperature settings, as well as worry about the thickness of your materials. It can be daunting even for experienced users.
- Many cold laminators don’t need electricity to work. This helps you reduce your energy consumption and it can allow you to laminate just about anywhere depending on the size of your device. There are even some machines are small enough to tote around and be used at school and scrapbooking parties.
- Since cold laminators generally don’t require power, they’re very safe to use. The exterior won’t be hot to the touch so you won’t burn yourself. You won’t need to worry about the risk of fire. And there’s no possibility of electric shock. All in all, cold laminators are some of the safest office machines around.
- Finally, a cold laminator won’t damage thermally sensitive items, such as photographs. You can laminate just about anything you want and get great results.