- Heavy-duty 3/4" thick wood base
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades cut up to 20 sheets at once
- Cutting length: 15"
- Accurately cuts paper, mat board, cardboard, film, tissue and textiles
- Permanent 1/2" grid and dual English and metric rulers
- Patented automatic blade latch locks with every cutting motion
- Finger guard protects entire length of blade
- Torsion spring prevents blade from accidentally falling during operation
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle
- Manufacturer's lifetime limited warranty (includes blades)
- Non-skid rubber feet
- Dimensions: 21.88" x 14.13" x 3.50"
- Weight: 11 lbs.
- UPC Code: 11991021509
- Warranty: Lifetime Manufacturer Warranty
Premier W15 Heavy-Duty Wood Paper Trimmer Review
Martin Yale makes an incredible assortment of document finishing products including guillotine paper cutters. One of their heavy-duty trimmers is the Premier W15, a device that's made from top-quality materials. To learn all about this product and decide if it's right for your needs, please continue reading.
- The W15 is capable of cutting paper that's up to 15 inches long. You'll be able to cut both large and small items, including ones that are legal-sized (8.5” x 14”).
- If you're seeking a cutter that can be used to trim non-paper materials, this device would be a good choice. It has the ability to cut materials ranging from tissue to mat board, fabric to film. There aren't a lot of cutters that can trim so many different types of items, so this really makes the W15 stand out.
- The W15 has a pretty decent cutting capacity. When you're working with 20 lb. bond paper, it can cut up to 20 sheets at a time. The cutting capacity can be either lower or higher depending on the thickness of the item(s) you're processing.
- This cutter's blade is made out of stainless steel and is self-sharpening so you don't need to worry about maintenance.
- The base of this device is made out of solid wood that's 3/4” thick. The wood has an alignment grid with squares that are 1/2” wide. Both metric and standard measurements are imprinted on the base. However, there are no other cutting guides nor is there a protractor to help you make angled cuts.
- Using this cutter is a safe and comfortable experience. The handle is ergonomically friendly and is soft to the touch. As for safety features, there's a latch that locks the blade every time it's lowered. There's also a torsion spring that will keep the blade from falling when it's in the “up” position.
- The W15 is pretty large because it measures approximately 22" (length) x 14" (width) x 3.5" (height). However, it's on the light side and only weighs 11 pounds.
- This is simply one of the most durable paper cutters you can buy at the moment. It's made from high-quality materials so you can be sure it will provide you with a lot of use.
- Finally, the W15 comes with an excellent lifetime warranty that even covers the blade.
The Premier W15 would be a good choice for anyone looking for a very durable paper cutter. It has a good cutting capacity and can work with a wide variety of materials such as film, mat board, and so on. This cutter has enough features to keep you safe while also providing you with great results. And it also has one of the best warranties you could ever hope to find. Just be aware that it's pretty large and it doesn't have anything other than an alignment grid printed on the base. After that, if the W15 has everything you need, be sure to take a look at it today.
- Starting At:$65.54
You Save: 47%
You Save: 47%
You Save: 55%
You Save: 50%