- Model NameModelBaseTrimming CapabilitySheet CapacityMax Cut LengthPaper ClampGridline Surface Area Dimensions
- W123/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 12"L2011.75"No12.5" x 11.5"
- W153/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 15"L2014.50"No12.5" x 14.5"
- W183/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 18"L2017.50"No18.5" x 17.5"
- W243/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 24"L2023.50"No18.5" x 23.5"
- W303/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 30"L2029.50"No23.5" x 29.5"
- W363/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 36"L2036.50"No23.5" x 36.5"
Premier T15 SharpCut 15 Inch Guillotine Paper Trimmer
- Medium-duty 1/2" thick wood base
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades cut up to 15 sheets at once
- Permanent 1/2" grid and dual English and metric rulers
- Patented automatic blade latch locks with every cutting motion
- Finger guard protects entire length of blade
- Torsion spring prevents blade from accidentally falling during operation
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts and 90 Days Labor / Lifetime on Blades
- Non-skid rubber feet
- Dimensions: 13.25" x 22.88" x 2"
- Weight: 7 lbs.
- UPC Code: 11991999150
- Cutting Length: 15"
Premier T15 SharpCut Guillotine Paper Trimmer Review
A good, basic guillotine paper trimmer never goes out of style and is a great addition to any work environment. One such trimmer is the Premiet T15 SharpCut from Martin Yale. Here's a short review of it so you can decide if it's the trimmer for you.
The T15 is ideal for medium-sized jobs because it has a cutting capacity of 15 sheets. This is neither too large or too small, and it should be sufficient for most workplaces and classrooms.
This trimmer can cut paper that's up to 15 inches long, including legal-sized sheets (8.5" x 14"). With a 15-inch cutting length, you should be able to cut just about anything you want, so long as you don't work with oversized materials.
The self-sharpening blade of this trimmer is made out of stainless steel, making it very durable. The blade will latch when you bring it down so it won't go flying back up and possibly injure someone. A torsion spring is installed at the end of the blade to prevent from moving unexpectedly. And there's even a finger guard that's as long as the blade that will protect your hands as you cut.
The T15's base is 1/2" thick and is made out of wood. It's pretty sturdy so you should be able to get a lot of use out of it without having to worry about it cracking. On the bottom of the base, you'll find non-skid rubber feet. These help the cutter stay in one place while you're using it.
If you need to measure your paper before cutting it, you can use the alignment grid printed on this cutter's base. The grid's squares are 1/2" wide so they're easy to see. There are two rulers on the base so you can measure your paper with either the standard or metric system. There's also a ruler at the top of the trimmer for easy reference.
The T15 is a good size and it won't take up a lot of room on your work surface. Its approximate measurements are 13" (width) x 23" (depth) x 2" (height) so it will easily fit on counters or tabletops. This cutter only weighs 7 pounds, so it can be easily moved.
This cutter is covered by an excellent warranty. Martin Yale will repair or replace it for as long as you own it. Even the blade is covered by the warranty, which is something of a rarity in the paper cutting world.
The Premier SharpCut T15 is a basic paper trimmer that's highly recommended. This cutter can trim a decent amount of paper at once and the 15-inch cutting length is just about perfect. High-quality materials were used for the blade and base so you can use this trimmer a lot without wearing it out. Plus, the trimmer won't take up much room and it's safe to use. The great warranty is also a nice touch. Since there are so many good things about the T15, you should look at it today. You won't regret it.