- Model NameModelBaseTrimming CapabilitySheet CapacityMax Cut LengthPaper ClampGridline Surface Area Dimensions
- W123/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 12"L2011.75"No12.5" x 11.5"
- W153/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 15"L2014.50"No12.5" x 14.5"
- W183/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 18"L2017.50"No18.5" x 17.5"
- W243/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 24"L2023.50"No18.5" x 23.5"
- W303/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 30"L2029.50"No23.5" x 29.5"
- W363/4" thick woodMatte board, cardboard, film, tissue, textiles and up to 20 sheets of 20 lb. paper 36"L2036.50"No23.5" x 36.5"
Premier Heavy Duty 30" Wood Paper Trimmer - W30
- Heavy-duty 3/4" thick wood base
- Self-sharpening stainless steel blades cut up to 20 sheets at once
- Cutting length: 30"
- Accurately cuts paper, mat board, cardboard, film, tissue and textiles
- Permanent 1/2" grid and dual English and metric rulers
- Patented automatic blade latch locks with every cutting motion
- Finger guard protects entire length of blade
- Torsion spring prevents blade from accidentally falling during operation
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle
- Non-skid rubber feet
- Dimensions: 40.38" x 25.25" x 5.50"
- Weight: 38 lbs.
- UPC: 0-11991-02300-8
- Warranty: 1 Year Parts and 90 Days Labor / Lifetime on Blades
Premier W30 Heavy-Duty Wood Paper Trimmer Review
The Premier W30 Heavy-Duty Wood Paper Trimmer is another great product from Martin Yale. It's a guillotine cutter that has all the features you need in such a device. Here's a look at this cutter's many strengths and its very few weaknesses.
The W30 is capable of cutting paper that's up to 30 inches long. It would be a great tool to have around if you typically work with large items such as menus, posters, and so on.
This trimmer has a pretty good cutting capacity. You'll be able to cut a maximum of 20 sheets of paper at once, which is a decent amount for a guillotine cutter.
Like a lot of the products in the Premier trimmer lineup, this device can be used to cut different types of non-paper materials. It can be used to cut fabric, cardboard, plastic, and mat board. Since it can cut so many things, it would be a good device to have in creative environments.
The W30 has a very strong blade that's made out of stainless steel. The blade will sharpen itself so you'll never have to do it and risk being injured. Also, the blade is spring-loaded so it will stay in the position you last left it in. It won't fall without warning nor will it fly up. When you lower the blade, it will latch automatically.
In addition to all of the blade's safety features, there's a full-length finger guard to keep your hands away from the sharp edge. And the entire cutter will stay in place during operation because it has non-skid rubber feet.
The W30's base is made out of wood. It has an alignment grid on it so you'll be able to measure your paper before cutting it. There are metric and standard rulers you can use. However, there's no protractor or other cutting guide.
This device is a good size: it measures 25.25" (width) x 39" (depth) x 5" (height). It's big enough to work on but not big enough to take over your entire workspace.
Finally, this trimmer comes with an excellent lifetime warranty.
While the W30 has a good cutting capacity, it may not be enough if you need to cut big stacks of paper quickly. If you find yourself in that position, you may want to consider getting a stack cutter instead.
This trimmer is heavy, so you'll want to exercise caution when moving it. It weighs 38 pounds.
The W30 lacks the contemporary styling of some of the other trimmers on the market.
The Premier W30 is a great paper cutter and it would be a great addition to offices, schools, and anywhere else that needs a high-quality cutting tool. This device has all the features found in a high-quality trimmer such as a good cutting capacity, important safety features, and a self-sharpening blade. It also comes with a great warranty. If the W30's few weaknesses don't bother you, you should take a look at this trimmer today. You'll be glad you did.